4th - Solo debut

A dribble of life

Where Woohyun is nerve-wrecked before his 1st solo album debut, and Sunggyu's kiss is the only thing that could calm him down

 

 

“Nam Woohyun-ssi, your turn is in 20 minutes.”

Woohyun shakily nods and awkwardly smiles at the staff for the reminder. To say he’s nervous is understatement. He’s wrecked to be honest.

Like fully disastrous.

The only thing that has been keeping him calm is the nonstop text messages from Infinite members wishing him ‘Good luck’ and ‘All the best’. Dongwoo even goes as far as sending him a selfie of him holding a placard that says ‘Woohyunnie is the best.’

The only one he hasn’t heard much of is Sunggyu.

The last message he sent him is a simple generic ‘Cheer up.’ That’s it. No ‘I believe in you’ or ‘You can do it’ or even ‘Good luck’.

Woohyun would’ve pout and/or sulk for the lack encouragement from his boyfriend if not for the nervousness that has been eating him from the inside. Now he understood the reason why Sunggyu fell into despair when his first solo album didn’t reach his own expectation. (Although Woohyun begs to differ as he thinks that Sunggyu’s solo debut was a success regardless the reaction Sunggyu had emitted back then.)

It would’ve been nice if Sunggyu has shown a little bit of affection though. He frowns without even realising doing so.  

The knock on the door is what breaking his thought first, and then there’s that voice greeting him which makes him turn in record time.

“What’s with the frown?”

Woohyun can’t help the relieved emotion washing over him. “Hyung!” He chirps, genuinely surprised at the sudden visit. Sunggyu has told him he couldn’t make it to the venue due to some private business.

Sunggyu chuckles. He struts to him with a bouquet of Baby's breath in his hand. He greets Woohyun with a quick hug. Woohyun, the ever opportunist, grabs on Sunggyu’s shirt when he senses the gap just so he can stay encased in his embrace for a bit longer.

This is what he has been waiting for.

“Nervous?” Sunggyu murmurs into his ear.

Woohyun pulls away to answer. At first he want to say yes but then decides against it as he’s embarrassed of what Sunggyu would’ve think of him when he has been in this kind of situation before him, twice even.

So he stutters a “No.”

Even a kid could tell that was an obvious lie.

Sunggyu doesn’t laugh, nor does he for his answer. Instead, he presses a kiss on Woohyun’s temple softly. “I can see right through you love.” He says gently, “It’s fine. You’ll do just fine.”

Woohyun gasps. “Not here Gyu.” He hushes, creating a distance between them promptly. Fear overtakes his feature for a second as he’s instinctually looking to the door direction, expecting someone – anyone to burst in and capture them in the act.

Sunggyu takes Woohyun’s face between his palms; his eyes found Woohyun's. “No one is looking.” 

“Still-”

“I’ve locked the door. You don’t have to worry.”

Woohyun heaves a relief sigh. He doesn’t know whether to be terrified or applaud Sunggyu’s reckless action when they’re literally surrounded by people who would love even the slightest mistake displayed to tear them apart.

“You’re crazy.” Woohyun pouts, finally relaxing himself in the presence of his lover now that he knows they’re relatively safe. Well, for now. Someone is going to look for him since his turn is soon and he has to get ready backstage and whatnot.

In fact, it is in 15 minutes but Woohyun decides to worry about that 15 minutes later. Right now, he is focusing on delving into the calmness Sunggyu’s presence brings along.

No one but him can do this to Woohyun.

"You look like a grandpa." Sunggyu comments on the vest-button-up-shirt-combination.

Woohyun stares down his outfit, a defeated sigh unfurls his lips. "The coordi noona dressed me in this." The pout comes back on his face, even more prominent than before. "I don't like it either."

Sunggyu pecks the pout in hope to make it disappear. "You look cute though."

"Ani- there's nothing is cute about grandpa outfit. They dressed hyung in a suit for your solo debut, and look at how they dressed me. A freaking grandpa outfit." He huffs.

Truthfully he's not that crossed about the outfit selection, but anything to earn him attention from Sunggyu is a plus for him. 

"To be fair though, they made it backless for me for some reason." Sunggyu pinches his nose bridge as he remembers. "I showed unnecessary amount of skin back then."

Woohyun pushes a finger on Sunggyu's chest. "Eh, I liked it. You were y."

"You like everything about me."

Woohyun hums and nods. "True that."

Sunggyu chuckles. "You are dumb."

Woohyun dramatically sighs as he faces Sunggyu. “I can't do anything about this but hyung can."

Sunggyu lifts his eyebrow. "What can I do to help specifically?"

Woohyun sighs loudly, on purpose. "I don't know... maybe I need more kisses, for good luck.” He says, puckering his lips. 

Sunggyu snorts at that but relents nevertheless. After all, who’s he to say no to Woohyun’s demand. He presses another kisses right after just because Woohyun is acting downright too precious for his heart to handle.

They part with a start when someone knock on the door calling for Woohyun. He answers them back telling he’ll be out in a minute, and after they are sure whoever on the other side has left yet once again, Sunggyu pulls him into a back hug and kisses him on the cheek affectionately.

“They’re calling for you. You should go.”

“I just hope I don’t make any mistake.” Woohyun replies, yet again swarmed with nervousness at the realisation of his very soon solo debut.

“A mistake, wouldn’t hinder you from still being amazing.” He kisses him on the temple. “You’ll be just fine.”

Woohyun smiles. He turns to release himself from the loose hug.

“You’ll wait for me hyung?”

Sunggyu nods and smiles reassuringly. “Of course. I’ll be here when you return.”

Woohyun moves forward to press a chaste kiss.

“Thank you.”

"Anything for you."