3rd drabble - Kiss the cook

A dribble of life

864w

 


 

Woohyun hears the dragged up steps before he sees the person who causes them. A smile glows on his bare faced upon seeing the frown decorating Sunggyu’s face. 

He turns around with enthusiast to show the man what he’s been wearing; he has been waiting for this since last night but didn’t get to show him due to some incident happening last night. 

Although, his eagerness doesn’t seem to shine its light to the other man since he just sit there and starts to munch on the baby carrot Woohyun has filled in a plate as side dish for their breakfast; he hasn’t even wash those. 

“Hyung, can’t you see this?” He decides to ask seeing the very overwhelming reaction from the guy. 

“Huh? Oh yea I did.” Sunggyu answers while munching the carrot absentmindedly -- not minding Woohyun’s blatant brows wiggling. He doesn’t even bothering looking up more than a second. 

Woohyun puts his hands on his hips. “Well?”

“Well what?”

Woohyun puffs, exasperated. “You haven’t give me one yet.” He refers to the words on his apron, which says, Kiss The Cook.

Sunggyu blinks, disinterested. “Oh.” He mutters, equally disinterested. 

“Oh?” Woohyun parrots, slightly in disbelief. Sunggyu had never been this unwilling to kiss him, if any, he’d be overly excited, attacking him with eager kisses, (often than not, that would escalate to something else.) But then again, it has just been a month since they live together and has to wake up to face each other in the morning. It could be one of Sunggyu’s habit or personality he doesn’t know about yet albeit how horrible it might be. So he calms his reaction to shamelessly ask his lover again, “Won’t you give me a kiss?” He makes a kissy face at the end of his sentence. 

“Why do I have to give you a kiss so early in the morning?” Sunggyu retorts, pushing the younger’s face away before swatting his hand on the tablecloth as if he’s wiping something disgusting off his hand. 

Woohyun makes an exaggerated gasping noise as if what Sunggyu has said and done are the offense of the year or something. 

“Because I’m the cook. Obviously.” He pouts. 

Sunggyu makes an unimpressed face, before averting his attention to his snack again. “Later.” He shortly replies, to woohyun’s dismay. 

“What happened to us?” Woohyun sighs dramatically. “You used to give me lots of kisses before when we were just dating. Living together has changed you Kim Sunggyu. We’ve become the fastest old married couple. I can’t believe this.” He sighs again, shutting his eyes for more theatrical effect before opening them up again with a grin hanging off his face, even more so when he sees Sunggyu’s reaction.  

Sunggyu, upon listening to the accusation, hastily looks up to glare at the man in front of him. He knows Woohyun is just playing around with him but for a reason, it makes him want to punch him, with a pan or something. “If you didn’t me so hard last night, you would have earned a kiss Nam Woohyun. But is it your on fire right now? No! Mine is. So shut up and make me my breakfast before I climb up this table and strangle you.”

The kitchen roars with Woohyun’s laughter. He turns around to face the pan he has set up on the stove before. He shifts back a little to look at the angry looking man on the table, winking at him. “I like to see you try baby.” He knows in fact that Sunggyu won’t be able to do such thing with the condition his lower body is on right now, (in which Woohyun is very proud to confess, is of his doing.)

So it’s meaningless threat at best.

What he doesn’t expect though is a baby carrot to land on the back of his head square. “Ouch babe. Don’t throw your food. It’s not nice.”

Sunggyu huffs, shifting on the chair and winching a bit from the action. “Serve you right.” 

Woohyun’s face softens. “Aww, babe don’t be mad. Let me make it up for you okay? I’m going to make you the best breakfast ever existed.”

“You better.” Sunggyu says threateningly. “I expect no less than five dishes.” 

“Anything for you hyung.” Woohyun sends him a flying kiss, and despite the lack reaction there is, he knows Sunggyu likes it. 

It shows when Sunggyu beckons him to come closer, and when Woohyun does, he pulls on the strap of the apron to land a chaste kiss on the lips. 

“You’ll get more once you’re done making me food.” 

Woohyun immediately straightens up, although not before pressing another, firmer kiss on Sunggyu’s lips.  

“Right away sir.” He pipes up, and moves to work on preparing food for both of them. 

Sunggyu smiles, silently admiring his lover’s  cooking skill. “Dummy.” He says affectionately, right before the pain shot up his spine when he makes a slight movement again. He curses underneath his breath.

“You’ll pay for this.” He shouts so Woohyun could hear him this time.

Woohyun chuckles for the nth time. “I can’t wait hyung.”