Second drabble

A dribble of life

I might got carried away and made this out of thin air 

1406w

 


 

“Have you heard? Apparently Kim Sunggyu is finally engaged!”

“Oh wow! Whoever finally got him in leash should be given an award or something.”

“I heard it was an arranged marriage.”

“Huh, figured. No one would willingly tame the wild beast that is Kim Sunggyu.”

“Careful. It’s the CEO’s son you’re talking about.”

Woohyun tries his best not to response to the heated conversation being tossed so carelessly around the office like it is some hot topic from the tabloid. Well – maybe it is. Okay it is. 

Of course it is. 

Kim Sunggyu is the brat son of the owner of the Kim Tech company – the very same company he’s working with. 

And Sunggyu is the one who’s always get in trouble with the paparazzi for how quick he changes partner – man and woman alike – as if changing cloths. 

More often than not he’d be involved in scandal for breaking people’s heart here and there. There are many people who very much like to sue him for compensation, but it seems that being the sole heir to one of the most powerful man in South Korea has its own perk. All the accusations would end up being swept under the rug and the scandal would be forgotten like it never happened in the first place.

So the news that he’s finally engaged to probably a daughter from the same high end family should be the good news for everyone right?

Wrong.

Because Nam Woohyun is hopelessly in love with Kim Sunggyu. 

And maybe the news would probably be less hurting if not for the fact the subject of the rumour is actually reciprocating his feelings.

You would probably think on what ground could possibly exist that makes Woohyun loves Sunggyu when everyone else around him finds it diabolical to even like him. 

Well to Woohyun, he isn’t like that at all. 

Woohyun sighs into his mug when his phone chimes with notification.

Come to my office pls. –  The guy who owns your heart ♡

That’s the cue. Whatever this is, Sunggyu must have a good explanation, right? 

He remembers the first time they met.

It was when Woohyun has been appointed as his personal assistant by Sunggyu’s father. Despite his image and all, Kim Sunggyu is still a good employer. 

Good, but not the best. 

Sunggyu is a brilliant, competitive and idealistic person. But his private matters had proved to be the repercussion in his work. Their shareholders and allies don’t believe that he’s the right person to be the representative for the Kim Tech co. Thus why Woohyun was appointed to him, to help him improve his work and image. Safe to say, Woohyun was there to clean the mess that is Kim Sunggyu. 

At first, Woohyun’s presence annoyed Sunggyu to the brink. Woohyun would schedule his day, remind him of his agenda and follow him around like a puppy – basically what an assistant would do. Oh and, has he mentioned that everything Sunggyu did, Woohyun had to report back to Kim Hyunshik, Sunggyu’s father.  

Everything. 

That put a sour mark in their relationship. 

Sunggyu hated Woohyun and wished to get rid of him at all cost. His private life was jeopardized because Woohyun was too much of a pain in the . So Sunggyu planned to flirt with him, and then break his heart apart so that Woohyun would leave him for good. But oh boy how he was wrong. 

Woohyun was initially just the next plaything target for Sunggyu. Someone that he thought he would be able to toss around after he gets bored. But alas, Woohyun proved him wrong. 

Woohyun is the only person who dared to reject Sunggyu’s courtship straight to his face; cursing him and calling him names. Woohyun wasn’t least bit afraid to speak his mind.  His stupidly brash action piqued Sunggyu’s interest. No one ever rejected him with such attitude. It was so y.

That was the very reason he was enthralled by the man then. 

It took Sunggyu months to win his heart. It was the most effort he ever made for someone. What starts as a challenge to break the proud man, has been the very reason for his own downfall. 

 

Woohyun’s knuckle rapture on the door to announce himself and a ‘come in’ is the reply he gets almost immediately. He heaves a sigh and opens the door hesitantly. 

The moment he’s inside, he’s instantly cornered and trapped to the door by non other but his boyfriend. 

“Hey…” He breathes out shakily, a bit shaken by the turn of the event. 

Sunggyu doesn’t say anything for a while, rather staring into Woohyun’s eyes intensely. He’s radiating with lust and anxiousness, Woohyun can tell. For that, he coils his arms around the neck of the man he loves. 

That breaks the spell. 

Sunggyu gnaws on his lower lips shortly before he presses their lips a bit harshly. Woohyun knows well why Sunggyu behaves like a desperate lover so he gives him a pat on the back. They part at the touch. 

“What’s wrong Gyu?” He asks him with the same way he pat him earlier, gently. 

“You heard, didn’t you?” 

Woohyun swallows the bitter taste in his mouth before nodding meekly. Sunggyu deserves a chance to prove himself. Woohyun believes him.

“It’s true.” Sunggyu clarifies, his eyelids dip in shame. 

Woohyun feels his stomach churn in distress. “Oh..” He says shakily, his arms loosens before it drop down to his side. He can’t look at Sunggyu’s face any longer so he pushes him aside and creates a distance between them by striding to Sunggyu’s desk, back facing him. “Congratulations… I guess.”

Their separation however, doesn’t last long for Sunggyu envelops him in a back hug, kissing the tender part on Woohyun’s neck softly before resting his forehead there, inhaling Woohyun’s enchanting scent. Woohyun stiffens in his hold but doesn’t push him away this time. 

“I didn’t say yes Hyun.” Sunggyu whispers into the junction of his neck. “Father was the one who set this.” 

Woohyun knows this would happen someday. He’s nowhere near Sunggyu’s level to even dream a life with him. He just didn’t let himself dwell on the fact, opted to live in the fantasy – their fantasy. 

He turns around without breaking the hug and gathers Sunggyu’s face in his palms. He pecks him once, twice. 

“You own my heart Kim Sunggyu. Do what you want with it.” 

Sunggyu puts his palms over Woohyun’s. “Why are you saying that?” 

Woohyun smiles sadly. “There’s no place for me next to you. There never was.” 

Woohyun is the only lover Sunggyu can’t control with money and fame because the man doesn’t care about that at all. All he cares about is honesty and loyalty. 

Things that Sunggyu is lacking of. Or was.

Kim Sunggyu is madly in love with Nam Woohyun. That’s that.

But no one knows that. Not even when the tabloid sites and newspaper hadn’t reported anything about Sunggyu and his mischief for the past few months. 

People still believe he’s the same jerk from years ago – sleeping around and attracting scandals like magnet. 

The netizens are judgemental like that. 

No one has faith in him, that he’s truly changed.

That includes his father. 

But that has to change now. Sunggyu intends to change it. 

Sunggyu pulls Woohyun’s hand to drop a chaste kiss on it. “Let’s tell them. About us.” 

Woohyun pulls his hand promptly in start. “Are you crazy? We can’t do that Gyu.” 

“I don’t care,” he catches Woohyun’s hand again. “Let’s elope if we have to.” 

“You’d lose everything Gyu!” 

“I don’t care.” He says and takes Woohyun by surprise when he suddenly kneels down on one knee. 

“Will you marry me Nam Woohyun?”

Woohyun doesn’t say yes, instead he drops down to kneel next to Sunggyu and encase him in hug. “What if I say no?” 

“I’ll do whatever to make you say yes.”

“But…” Sunggyu silences him with a kiss. 

“I own your heart remember?” Sunggyu says, “and you own mine. There’s nothing stopping me from marrying you. ”

“Not even your father?”

“Especially not my father.”

Woohyun chuckles. There’s tear pooling around the corner of his eyes. “You’re stupid.” 

“Stupidly in love with you? Yes.”

Woohyun laughs lightly. He leans in for another kiss. For whatever the outcome may be, Sunggyu is worth it.

They are worth it.

“So is that a yes?”

“It’s a yes.”