Chapter #7

Crush On You

 

Tic… 

 

Toc… 

 

Tic… 

 

Toc…

 

There is one special season that almost all… yeah all students hate, it doesn't matter the level of education, it doesn't matter the grade, it doesn't matter even the country, almost 97% of the world students can agree that the season students hate the most is this particular one and that's…

 

Exams season. In this case midterms season. 



Time passed and exam season arrived. Through all that time Joohyun and Seulgi's relationship remained in the same way, both had their day to day busy schedules and barely saw each other. 

 

Joohyun was busy with law school and her new Tennis club, on the other hand Seulgi was busy with arts school and practicing in the dance club. Nothing much had changed, unless one thing. 

 

Joohyun was different. Different than usual, Seulgi could tell. She wasn't as sad as before, but she wasn't either happy. It was in Seulgi's own terms…complicated

 

Joohyun was still going out with her long-term boyfriend Bogum but Seulgi thought she didn't sound as excited anymore every time she mentioned going out with him or when Joohyun was on a phone call talking to him. She even sounded pissed or frustrated, and that even made Seulgi wonder. What's going on? 

 

But, with the beginning of the midterms season, Seulgi thought that perhaps all of this had something to do with Joohyun's sudden change of mood and probably was just stress. Gladly the change was not with her, their relationship remained the same way, even if they didn't saw each other so frequently, that's what Seulgi wanted to believe. 

 

As a good student who loved to draw and study in quiet places, Seulgi was currently in the 2nd floor of the main library of the University. Without realizing, lately, Seulgi enjoyed more than usual her own time in the library. 

 

Tic, toc, tic, toc

 

Just there beside her favorite spot, she could admire a big wall clock that sounded every o'clock hours. 

 

Clocks mechanical or electrical devices that helps us by measuring time, indicating hours, minutes, and sometimes even seconds. Seulgi found it so fascinating how time could be portrayed through clocks and that in some sort of way made her wonder what we could do if we were able to manage time. She stopped looking at the clock and went back to focus on what she was supposed to be doing.

 

Studying. More like (Stu) dying because she wasn't seeing an end to her long list of assignments. Being that her main reason why she decided to skip the dance club for the day. 

 

5 books, a laptop, her sketchbook, some notebooks, her pencil case, a cold cup of coffee and a dream. That's everything Seulgi had on her table and she wished, o she really wished for a miracle to happen to finish early that day.

 

Tic, toc, tic, toc

 

It's incredible how a special moment can mess up a great day, but it's also so surprising how just an instant  can make things change. 

 

Tic, toc, tic, toc

 

Clocks for sure measure time but also measure moments, and that last sound was the last tic, toc's the clock had to make for the day to warn that the library was closing. 

 

"Student" 

 

"Student… please" 

 

"Student wake up" 

 

"AHHH" Seulgi left out a scream without realizing and finally after hours of sleeping on top of her notebooks, she was up. 

 

"Shhh... Don't scream, student!" Said the old lady that is (usually) in charge of the 2nd floor and who was also waking Seulgi up. "Student, it's 9:50PM the library will close in a bit" 

 

Oh

 

That's exactly and very deeply what Seulgi thought. It expressed her feelings. She didn't study, she didn't finish any of her assignments and most of all she did nothing. Of course it was messed up. 

 

When she wished for a miracle Seulgi exactly didn't mean to fall asleep until the closing hours of the library. That wasn't the type of finish the day early wish she wished for. But things change, so as result, there she was ruffling all her hair back, picking all her stuff to go home and pull an all nighter until her soul was part of the subjects, because she of course couldn't fail. 

 

That wasn't an option. 

 

After picking up her stuff and walking down the stairs. Seulgi saw her phone, which of course was on silent mode to not disturb other people at the (now empty) library. Putting a foot outside the building, she scrolled down and saw all the notifications. 

 

Under the dim light of the streetlights outside the library. She found herself lost of words for what she read on her phone screen. 

 

 

From Joohyun Bae :D

 

[4:46PM] Seul I bought food it's on the microwave, don't forget to eat once you arrive, take care <3

 

[5:28PM] Ahh! Seul I have my first tennis game today at 7PM, I forgot to tell you because of the midterms sorry >< but you wanna come? it's at the tennis court, see you there if you can :) 

 

[8:08PM] Seulgi, are you okay? I didn't saw you at the game, I asked Wendy if she knew about you and nothing. Call me when you read this. 

 

[9:10] Seulgi I just got home and you are not here, where did you go? Is everything okay? I asked Yeri, and she didn't see you at practice today. Answer the phone please. 

 

[9:25PM] Heyyyy where are you? It's not funny, I even had to call your new friend Jisoo. No one knows about you, answer please. I am worried TT



[9:43PM] I am going out to look for you, answer me whenever you read this, just… tell me you are okay :( please. 



Clocks help us to measure time but also tell us of the fragments of moments we have and also of the ones we have missed. 

 

After reading, Seulgi fastly went to return 1 of the 8 missed calls she had from Joohyun, but because she is Kang Seulgi her phone ran out of battery even before the device started ringing. 

 

Sigh… why now

 

Seulgi took a look at her wrist watch 9:56PM 

 

! What should I do now? 

 

Seulgi had messed up and she was aware of this, but just like every problem has a solution she had some choices. 1) Run towards home and call Joohyun once there or 2) Look for Joohyun who was at the moment looking for her who knows where. 

 

Seulgi wasn't sure what to do, but she felt that doing what she was gonna do was the right choice. So without thinking much and holding her backpack tight, Seulgi started running in the middle of the night under the dim light of streetlights. 



xxx



Joohyun's day was not the best day ever. No matter how much she organized herself Joohyun felt that the clock was messing up with her and her reasons were honestly understandable

 

7:10AM she arrived late to her contracts class. 9:20AM she missed the opportunity to buy her favorite lunch bread. 12:05PM she started late her first midterm exam. 3:55PM she spilled her drink on herself when she was eating before going to the tennis club. 5:05PM realized that she forgot to put her change of clothes on her sports bag. 7:49PM she lost her game and got hit by the ball on the knee. 8:23PM she walked home freezing wearing her tennis uniform. 9:12PM She realized Seulgi was missing.

 

It was 9:46PM and after making some calls and text messages with their friends and also Seulgi's friends. She was going out to search for Seulgi, it might sound dumb but Joohyun felt like she had to. 

 

The night was cold. Joohyun put her sweater on and took the keys, made some steps, and walked out of the apartment. Her first place in mind was the art room of the arts building. 

 

Joohyun remembered Seulgi had been going there the whole week because of her plastic arts project, so she thought that perhaps she stayed there working until late hours. The night was cold, that cold that made Joohyun get shivers as she walked through the campus.

 

It was 9:55PM and she received a phone call. Rushing out without noticing the name she picked up. 

 

"Hello!!! Seulgi?" 

 

"No, but Hello sweetie how are you?" 

 

It was Bogum

 

Sigh-ing "Ah… not now Bogum I will call you tomo-" 

 

"Tomorrow? Again? Tomorrow!?" He sounded pissed. "It's always tomorrow for you, what is happening Joohyun I really don't understand."

 

"Bogum please, not now. It's not you, it's just that-" 

 

She got interrupted again. 

 

"What? Ah let me guess you have something to do and you cannot listen to what I have to say, I am only asking how are you. That's not that hard to answer I believe. I want to know if you are okay that's all" 

 

Joohyun stopped walking. She was currently a few meters from the art building. But she couldn't hold it anymore. "You want to know?" she sighed. 

 

"I am not okay, I am tired. I am worried and stressed and it seems nothing is going out as I want to and you know what? I'm also done."

 

"Hey babe! what is-" 

 

It was her time now, to cut his words. 

 

"We are done. It's over." She hung up and broke down. Squatting down she cried her heart out under the dim lights of street lights at night. 

 

She was done



xxx




Running, lost of breath Seulgi arrived at the corner coffee shop, seeing from the outside Joohyun was not there. Still, she asked the owners if they had seen Joohyun and mentioned she came during the day but not very recently. Both were frequent clients so eventually they become known to the owners. 

 

Seulgi thanked them and stepping out the shop, she continued searching. 

 

What places Joohyun could make her think of me?  lol this sounds...

 

AH! Art room! 

 

Seulgi started running once again. The night was cold, she had her favorite sweatshirt on, it was brown and had a beautiful bear which was embroidered on it. It was cozy but not as warm for that night. She wondered if Joohyun had something on to make her feel warm. It was indeed a cold night. 

 

She kept running but at a certain moment she heard a scream at the distance, which made her stop and with that see the sight of a very familiar silhouette. 

 

Joohyun

 

Seulgi approached as fast as she could, but once arriving, Joohyun was crying. The girl was squatting down on the floor trying to hold herself. Hands on her face. The cellphone on the cold cement floor. 

 

Seulgi's heart ached seeing her like that. Seeing her so sad, so broken. Seulgi had no idea if it was because of her or because of something else. But at the moment she did what her own heart told her to do. 

 

She got closer and put herself down on knees in front of Joohyun who was currently breaking down, and she hugged her. 

 

"It's okay, cry it all out," Seulgi said, patting Joohyun's back. 

 

At the sudden motion, Joohyun came back to senses and raised her head up meeting with Seulgi's. 

 

"Seulgi…" Joohyun's eyes got lighter and once they made eye contact she cried harder and threw her body to embrace the later stronger, her own knees falling down in the cold cement soil. Now hugging Seulgi strongly. 

 

"You dummy I was worried!" Joohyun said between tears on top of the shoulder closer to Seulgi's neck. 

 

Resting her head on top of Joohyun's Seulgi said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I ain't going anywhere."

 

"You better." Joohyun continued crying for some more time and Seulgi patted her back slowly. 

 

"Where were you?" 

 

Giving a soft laugh. "About that… let me explain," Seulgi said. 

 

That night two hearts got a little closer under the dim lights of street lights without a clock to time it in. 





xxx






"You know… I am starting to believe that perhaps you really are a bear." Joohyun said and laughed.

 

Arm in arm, Seulgi and Joohyun walked together to their apartment. Seulgi had finished telling her what happened that day and how she completely messed up. She apologized for not answering her text messages and for missing out on her first game. 

 

"Ah! Don't worry, it was awful. It was a quick game even though I got hit by the ball on the knee. It was fun!" 

 

"Oh no! Are you okay?" Seulgi asked for the nth time already. Joohyun turned her head to look at Seulgi. "Now I am, you don't have to worry," She smiled and Seulgi thought that she was gonna melt at that instant and thought that perhaps it was okay she messed up. But no

 

"Besides!" Joohyun turned to look back at the street, breaking eye contact. "There are gonna be more games later, I would like to see you there one day!" 

 

"Of course I will! I need to take funny pictures" 

 

"Yah!!!" Joohyun pulled Seulgi's arm. 

 

"Just kidding, kidding… oh by the way thank you for the food and… yes sorry. What did you buy?" 

 

"Oh! It was kimbap, very delicious! The only thing missing was…" 

 

"Ah let me guess!" Seulgi said excited. "Tteokbokki!!!" 

 

Joohyun laughed. "Bingo! I am so hungry speaking of, but don't worry I think we can still eat what is left" 



"Oh look we are almost home, the convenience store is there should we…" Joohyun turned again to see Seulgi's face and before breaking their linked arms said "The last one that arrives pays" 

 

Joohyun started running towards the convenience store. "Yah!!!!" Seulgi screamed and quickly followed her. 

 

That night both ate Tteotbokki and Kimpab under the dim lights of their kitchen lights. 

 

Studying together in their warm cozy home





xxx




"Wendy, be honest. How do you do it?" Seulgi asked. 

 

Both girls were walking side to side in the hallways, after coming out from what was supposed to be their last midterm exam. 

 

"How do I do what exactly?" Wendy asked confused.

 

Get the girl. Is something Seulgi would had liked to respond, but those were important questions on her own thoughts. 

 

"Manage to handle everything… Like you work, you have great grades, you are always so cheerful and also you have a girlfriend… like HOW?" 

 

Perhaps the last word came out a little bit strong that even made Wendy flinch a little. 

 

"Okay, okay. Calm down. You scared me."

 

That day seemed bright, they were now outside the building on their way to their next class. 

 

"I'm sorry, it's just ah…" Seulgi sighed in frustration. "You seem to have everything under control and I really admire you" 

 

Wendy bumped Seulgi's shoulder. "Aww you are sweet. Thanks but hey! Let's take a sit." 

 

Both sat down in one of the benches closer to the garden area. Placing their bags and sitting down, Wendy continued "Seulgi, I know it might look like I have everything sorted out but let me tell you, it's not easy." Wendy soft laughed and turned herself now looking at Seulgi. "It might seem that everything is okay but it's hard, it's nice I won't lie but it's tiring, it's really not as simple as it looks, but you know what."

 

"What?" Seulgi curiously answered. 

 

"I am proud of myself for coming this far." Seulgi's eyes softened. 

 

"I am still not where I want to be tho, but I am pretty happy with what I have now, I got in the major I wanted, I have a job, subjects seem fun and as result of studying hard I have good grades, I have Sooyoung by my side and also I got to meet you."

 

"Uhhh cheesy" Both girls laughed. 

 

"But if I had to answer your question, like how do I do it? I guess I will have to answer honestly, I pull myself together. See, It might sound extreme, but I learned how to be my own biggest fan and to push me for the things I wanna be and what I wanna do, of course there are always people that are gonna help you in your path, but you have to be you, just you." Putting her hand in front of her chest, touching her heart, she said. "Just like movies, or every cliché story that you can watch follow your heart and I promise, everything will follow."

 

"But what If it's scary, what my heart is telling me?" 

 

"Ohhh of course it's gonna be scary, you are gonna feel the scariest ever, I can assure. But that's the risk we take to encounter greater moments."

 

Wendy took out from her bag 2 juice drinks and shared one with Seulgi. 

 

"See, if I wouldn't have tried the entrance exam again even after failing last year, I know I would have regretted myself. I was scared of course, because imagine failing a second time, I would have to leave Sooyoung alone, my parents wouldn't have let me try again even if I wanted to and many other steps in my way probably would've changed. But still, knowing this fact I didn't give up and tried my best." 

 

"Now look at me, here I am sharing a drink with you, on campus, after having just finished our last midterm exam and I have a date tonight with Sooyoung. Which I am not bragging lol." They laughed. 

 

"But Seulgi... life is crazy" 

 

"It really is…" Seulgi ruffled her hair, sighing.

 

"But definitely not impossible. Just try your best, think clearly what you want and surround yourself with those worthy of being on your way. Of course myself included." 

 

Seulgi laughed and smiled. "You are such a great counselor." 

 

"I am? I think I am" The girls laughed and shared a special moment together, the weather was nice, it was a little windy, not so cold but pretty sunny. 

 

"Thank you Wendy, I really needed to hear this." Seulgi grinned back. "Anytime!" Wendy hugged her. "That's what friends are for, you can do it Kang! And I know it's none of my business but if I got Sooyoung after asking her 3 times, you can get Joohyun!" 

 

Uhh? She was speechless. 

 

"WHAT!? HOW!?" Seulgi broke the hug surprisedly. "You might think I don't know, but Seulgi c'mon I know everything, I can see it."

 

. I am THAT obvious. 

 

"Yes, you are a little too obvious sometimes. But I have a theory, just wait."

 

"Theory about what?" 

 

"Nothing, nothing. Also you can get better grades next time, just don't sleep this time before studying." 

 

"Yah!!! I told you the clock was playing with me… and it was just one class," Seulgi started bickering, and the girls laughed together. 

 

That afternoon Seulgi and Wendy had a long chat, and honestly that is something Seulgi wished since a long time. To have someone to talk everything about with. 

 

It was the development of a beautiful friendship that was gonna last for a long long time. 




 

xxx




 

1, 2, Go!

 

1, 2, Go! 

 

HEY YOU EUNJI GRAB THE RACKET CORRECTLY!!! 

 

1, 2, Go!

 

1, 2 - YAH SOOBIN THROW HARDER! LOOK AT THE FRONT! 

 

It was finally Friday, the last day of training in the Tennis club for the week. The coach had split the team in 2 groups, each being in a different tennis court to practice throws. Sooyoung and Joohyun were in group 2 which meant that the coach had to be screaming to every movement you made. Joohyun and Sooyoung started speaking, waiting for their turn. 

 

"Hey, Mrs. Jane seems that has lost it today, don't you think?" Sooyoung said.

 

"When she hasn't?" They laughed. "But yeah she seems extra pissed today for some reason." Joohyun affirmed.

 

"Well we all have those days, you know."

 

"You are right, I don't blame her." 

 

"How have you been by the way? I've seen you calmer these days. Not saying you are not calm usually but lately you were like Mrs. Jane with the world." Sooyoung said. Both now looking at Mrs. Jane at the distance who was throwing hard a broken racket to the wall, missing the trash can who was at the side. 

 

"Ah…" Joohyun sighed. "I'm really sorry, I guess it was too much of everything." 

 

"It's fine, we have those days, yesterday I got mad with Wendy over a dumb situation but today we are going on a date to make up so she's gonna pick me up. I already said sorry tho, because I accepted it was my fault but…I get it." 

 

Joohyun got lost in thoughts after listening to Sooyoung. 

 

"But what changed?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"I broke up with Bogum." 

 

"YOU WHAT!!??" Sooyoung screamed. A little to hard that even startled everyone and got Mrs. Jane's attention. 

 

Murmuring "Hey shut up, what's wrong with you?"  Joohyun told Sooyoung. 

 

"I am sorry everyone" Sooyoung eyesmiled and pointed to the next in line. "Continue, continue, let's practice" clapping her hands.

 

Murmuring "Mrs. Jane looks like she is gonna kill me if I throw badly today." Sooyoung said. 

 

"Serves you" Joohyun soft laughed.

 

"But hey Joohyun how, what!? I can't believe it. Since when? I need details."

 

"Shhh dont speak so hard. I haven't told anyone yet…I am still processing it's official this time."

 

"This time!??" Sooyoung's eyes widened. "You have broken up before?" 

 

"SOOYOUNG THROW!!! IT'S YOUR TIME, MISS IT AND YOU ARE GONNA DO 5 LAPS" Mrs. Jane shouted from the distance, it was Joy's turn. 

 

She's doomed. Joohyun thought. 

 

"I will throw now but you tell me all details after I run my 5 laps" murmuring she told Joohyun. 

 

"You already accepted the punishment?!" Joohyun said surprised. 

 

"Do you really think she is gonna leave me even if I don't miss?" That made Joohyun laugh.

 

"SOOYOUNG WHEN ARE YOU THROWING, YOU WANNA 10 LAPS?!!?"

 

"Coming!!" Joy answered cheerfully. 

 

Practice continued and as expected Joy had to run 5 laps on the tennis court. Joohyun didn't missed her throws so she went to get changed into the lockers room faster. But before taking her clothes, she sent a text message first. 



To Seulgi Kang

 

[8:15PM] Wanna go out tonight? I'm free, let's have a chat. Tell me when you read it :) 






 

xxx






 

"Joohyun, you have someone waiting for you outside!" one of the team members shouted at the front door in the lockers room. Joohyun was currently finishing getting dressed, and Joy was nowhere to be seen, so probably she was outside? 

 

"Thanks!" She replied back. Now taking her sports' bag on the shoulder, walked outside but wondered if perhaps it was Joy or Seulgi waiting. 

 

Is Seulgi here? 

 

But I have no message from her. 

 

Joy? Our members know her so… they would have called her "Sooyoung" 

 

Unless… 

 

Once outside, there behind the tennis court bleachers  he was waiting. All dressed up, with a bouquet of Joohyun's favorite flowers. 

 

Oh God. Was the first thought Joohyun had once she saw him at the distance, followed by a deep sigh. Joohyun really had no energy to deal with him or have a deep talk that night, all she wanted was a good rest and a nice chat with Seulgi, not him

 

Even so, Joohyun knew deep down inside her heart that she needed to finally after years, make things right, to cut the laces that once were attached and get a closure to start to move on, to work on herself and to find her way to be herself again. 

 

"Joohyun!" The guy eyes changed brightly once he saw Joohyun walking towards where he was at. 

 

"Hello, Bogum." She replied back. Hands on her own jeans jacket. A middle ponytail and pants on. Dressing comfortably after having finished training. 

 

"Th-this are for you" he said, stuttering for a second and then offering the bouquet of purple hydrangeas. 

 

But "No, thanks" Joohyun didn't take it. "What? Why?" Bogum was surprised. "Joohyun-" 

 

"Bogum, let's talk." She cut him off, but nicely. She wasn't mad, why she had to be mad? What was done, was done already. What she needed the most right now was to talk. 

 

"What's going on?" 

 

I can do this. She cheered up herself.

 

"Follow me, let's talk." Joohyun walked pass the back of the bleachers into the now empty tennis court, she sat down at the bottom bench and told Bogum to follow. Both sat down, now ready to do the talk

 

"Why so serious? What do you need to talk?" Bogum seriously asked, still holding the flowers now facing Joohyun who was currently looking at the empty tennis court. 

 

"Bogum do you remember when I was on high school always training for the basketball team and one day I told you I was tired?"

 

"I do... I think I do remember, why?" 

 

"and… I told you that even if I felt so tired I wanted to keep training to always give my best because giving up was not an option, but then in the game we had the day after I collapsed in the middle of the game, and eventually we lost, I lost?" 

 

"Yes… that was a bad day" 

 

"No, it wasn't," Joohyun sighed, taking a deep breath "It was a bad decision that led me there. I pushed myself so hard that I broke down."



"But you did recover… I mean I remember that day, you got through it, but what does this has to do with us? I came here to tell you I am sorry."

 

It exactly what I need you to understand. 

 

"Bogum." Joohyun turned her body to face him "Do you remember what I told you that night? The one of our last phone call?" 

 

The boy didn't answer. It was a short silence. 

 

"I was being honest on that call, but I will tell you, once again, now in person." Taking every emotion that was inside her she finally was ready to say it. Both looking at each other. "We are done. I am breaking up with you Bogum." 

 

The boy couldn't hear the words, it was like if he was blocking them. Because at the moment she said that. He stood up fastly and started speaking fastly. "Why? After all this years? We can solve this Joohyun just like before, c'mon please babe" He got closer, feeling anxious, he grabbed her hand, but Joohyun dodged it. "Don't" 

 

Bogum noticed and stopped. But still insisted. "Babe please tell me you can't break up with me," His voice now sounded close to being vulnerable, sad but not as heartbroken, but as someone who was gonna lose something. "We-we have been together for so long, tell me what can I do-" 

 

"Bogum, calm down."

 

"How do you want me to calm down?" The hydrangeas touched harshly the cold soil, he dropped them, he now, once again reaching for Joohyun. "I-I can't lose you" Grabbing her by the shoulders. 

 

"Please STOP" Joohyun screamed. Her scream echoed the empty tennis court. She had enough. Taking herself out of his hold. Now also standing up. 

 

"Listen," Joohyun felt heartbroken but she was not going to drop anymore tears in front of him. "Please listen, what I have to say."

 

"I am breaking up with you because I realized that it's best for us to go in our own ways, I am thankful for all the memories we had together and the moments we shared together, but our time doesn't matches anymore, we are only gonna continue to hurt each other if we continue this way, so this is why I am breaking up with you Bogum."

 

He was lost of words, it was like if a part of his life was tearing up a part. "But, why? I understand what you are saying… but this is so sudden, I thought we were okay, I thought we were in the process of fixing things."

 

"It is the same as I said before, I pushed this to work so hard, even after all those times we broke up and made up again, we kept going but the thing is… everything changed, I felt it. And... this does not mean I don't want to see you ever again or that I hate you, you will always be a special friend that I am thankful for but we can't keep trying to fix something that doesn't work anymore."

 

After Joohyun's words there was another silence. But a more comfortable one. Bogum was thinking, he needed the time and Joohyun understood it. 

 

"So… it's-" Taking a deep breath. "Is it real this time?" Bogum finally said, looking straight into her eyes.

 

"It's real, we are breaking up." she affirmed.

 

"Okay, then we are done" Bogum accepted it, his voice was vulnerable, sounding close to crying. But Joohyun knew this was the right decision. Both were hurting each other, fight after fights. Unanswered calls, unread messages, it was not good. They needed a proper closure and a good departure from each other, they were closing a big chapter from their lives so of course it was needed. 

 

"Do you think we can remain friends?" Bogum asked, maybe it was a dumb question but realization had arrived to him and he now felt sad to completly erase Joohyun from his life, "or at least try?"  he added. 

 

Joohyun was taken by surprise by the request, confused, sad "I can't promise it to be soon... but maybe in the future. We can." she said. 

 

Bogum dropped a tear. "Thank you for also being a happy memory in my life Joohyun and I am sorry we couldn't make it work" 

 

Joohyun accepted his words, they felt more real than what his previous messages or phone calls felt. 

 

They hugged for one last time, and after that Bogum walked away. But before leaving he needed to ask one more thing. 

 

"Joohyun, let me ask before I leave? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." 

 

"Tell me" 

 

"Was it because of Seulgi?" He seriously asked, like if he knew something. 

 

"What?" startled by the unknown question she asked. 

 

"No, nothing. Don't answer." Dejected Bogum said. 

 

"Just take care, goodbye Joohyun. I wish you the best and again... I'm sorry." With his last words he walked out the tennis court. Still empty, but full of feelings. 

 

Joohyun sat down on the bench, she picked up the flowers who didn't had fault to be on the cold floor and instead of crying sadly she felt some sort of relief, that didn't mean she wasn't sad after ending her relationship of years but it was something Joohyun knew she had to do for herself since a long while ago. 

 

This was the beginning of her new chapter to find herself again. No more crying, no more stressing, she was gonna be Joohyun again. 

 

That night Joohyun stayed a little longer in the cold bench dropping some tears on the now finished chapter. 

 

A notification on her phone sounded, a message had arrived. 

 

 

From Seulgi Kang

 

[8:45] Yes, sure! Is your practice done? Mine just finished, let's go out, food is on me. Let's meet at our place, just between our bulidings :D

 

[8:50] Walking there now. 

 

[8:51] Miss u. 

 

 

 

 

revelux

 

---

 

Hello! Happy new year, this time I was faster :D and a longer chapter hehehe I really hope you enjoy it, I really liked how this one turned out, how about an update per month? maybe I can finish this story by the end of year lol, and pls be patient the angst is coming to an end soon, but I have to make everything make sense right? I still have some ideas so let's enjoy this ride, until next update, thanks for reading, take care!!!

PS: what do you think of the new cover??? :D