Chapter #4

Crush On You

 

 

 

Waking up comes with multiple scenarios to all people, some wake up happy thanks to a great dream others wake up scared because of nightmares or other times waking up can be really harsh, especially when you realize your dreams are better than reality.

 

 

 

Ppa-ppa-ppalganmat! gunggeumhae honey! 

 

Kkaemulmyeon jeomjeom nogadeun

Strawberry geu mat! 

 

Corner candy shop chaja bwa Baby! 

 

Naega jeil joahaneun geon yeoreum geu mat! 

 

 

It was the alarm and the ray of sunlight entering through the window that made Seulgi realize it was time to woke up and leave dreamland behind. 

 

She felt comfortable, more than what she has been in days, between the scent of lavander and soft pillows. She didn’t wanted to open her eyes, and leave the comfort that was feeling but slowly started to blink her eyes. 

 

Surprise was what come next after finding out a certain small girl named Joohyun Bae was cuddling her. Cuddling. In their own couch. 

 

She doesn't remembers anything of last night, her last memory is about herself fighting her own mind to don't fall asleep but now thinking about it, Seulgi realized that the plan was a complete failure. 

 

But it maybe was not a bad plan?

 

Her pounding heart was having a party once she saw Joohyun's arm above her. How did we end up this way? She had no idea. 

 

Since when I get so nervous around Joohyun Bae? 

 

Ah! That's right… since forever… 

 

Should I move? Should I wait? Should I turn- wait that's so many Shoulds Seulgi?!!?? 

 

Seulgi was losing it. She felt like her pounding heart could come out at any second, a panic-ed gay you could tell, but still felt happy enough just to think about she woke up this way. A dream

 

Her alarm continued ringing on her room. So even though she would have liked to stay that way. It was time to wake up and also to wake up Joohyun because they still had school. It was a friday. 

 

Removing slowly from Joohyun's cuddle. Seulgi stood up and went to her room. Turned off the alarm, checked her notifications, and saw her polaroid camera on her desk. 

 

Mmm do I kinda want to remember this forever? 

 

Took the camera on hand, without thinking twice and went back to the living room where Joohyun was still sleeping. The tiny girl was now hugging a pillow as result of Seulgi not being there anymore. 


 

She squatted down a little and without making much sound, shot! she captured another moment. Beautiful like always, why are you so- ahh and make my heart feel this way? 

 

Standing up and noticing how their kitchen clock turned it's clock hands. She put her camera down on the small table that was besides the couch and got closer to wake up Joohyun. 

 

"Joojoo! It's morning!" Moving her softly by the arm. 

 

"Uhmm" 

 

"Hyun it's time, we have uni" 

 

"Ahhum"

 

"Joohyun, wake up or…I take the bathroom first!" 

 

It was like if Seulgi had casted a spell on her because at the moment she said that, Joohyun's eyes opened. 

 

"Make me breakfast then."

 

Joohyun stood up and ran to the bathroom, leaving Seulgi behind. 

 

This girl… she's fast. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that!" wait I am here again with "shoulds" 

 

Joohyun ran to the bathroom and once inside, closed, locked the door and rested her back on the wood. She didn’t knew why her heart was beating that fast so early in the morning, or more so why the rush she felt, adrenaline? more so because the first voice she heard in the morning was from Seulgi. Like Seulgi??? 

 

Putting her hand on her chest, asking herself Why? she was lost with unresponded meanings. Oh maybe I got scared… yes yes it was that, that's what she thought. 





 

xxx






 

"Seulgi!!!!!!" A girl with the short blonde hair come running to her in an instant. The woman had just entered the classroom and was rushing to her. 

 

"Wendyyyy!!" Seulgi followed up. 

 

"You won't believe this!!!" She put down a paper on Seulgi’s desk. That said the following =Welcome Newbies= it was the propaganda for their welcoming party that was going to be held, that day at night. 

 

"We have to go, and it's today!!!!" The girl sounded so excited, but for Seulgi, parties weren't really her thing

 

She would rather spend her night at the dorm, listening to LPs, drawing, sleeping or watching TV with Joohyun. Yes, Joohyun. 

 

"Really? Mmm I do-" 

 

"You know we are going right? I only know you here and it's also a 'Welcoming party' so I don't really care what you say because we ARE going" and Seulgi just gulped. 

 

"But I don't think this-" 

 

"You can bring your friend!! Your roommate!! You told me she was a law major right? This party is for both Art and Law students. I even bet she is aware of this!" 

 

Mmm but she didn’t told me anything yesterday? 

 

Hesitant. Seulgi didn’t know what to respond, but it seemed like her only answer could be Yes or Yes. 

 

"Ahh.." Sigh "Okay we are going but let me tell Joohyun too" 

 

"YES!!!!" The blonde girl jumped on excitement. 

 

Meanwhile the other celebrated, Seulgi took out her phone and wrote down Joohyun a text. 

 

To. Joohyun Bae :D

 

-Hey!

-So there is a party tonight, wanna come with me? 

-It's the welcoming party or something called like that, it will be fun! 

- :D

 

"There you are texting again" Wendy said. 

 

"It's Joohyun! Who you probably will meet tonight." 

 

"Ohh Joohyun? I am excited to meet this Joohyun girl you are always talk about hehe and talking about I also want to introduce you to someone, so this is gonna be great."

 

"Wowow Wendy Shon a woman of secrets, I will look forward too then"

 

"Yes, you must! This is gonna be a fun night." 

 

As they continued chatting. Seulgi's phone buzzed out, having a reply of her certain favorite someone. 

 

From Joohyun Bae :D

 

-I was about to ask you lol

-Yes, let's go! 

-A friend of mine also told me about it. 

-Let's have fun~

 

"Why are you smiling?" Wendy said, as she saw how the other girl had a grin while looking at her phone. 

 

"Nothing, nothing, it's just.. me" 

 

As always it's just me






 

xxx





 

"Yah Joojoo, are you ready?" Seulgi knocked on Joohyun's door, who had been locked up since the afternoon when they arrived. 

 

"We should be going now, to avoid getting so crowded at the place." She knocked again but was welcomed by lack of responses. 

 

"Yah Joohyun-ah!" She was about to knock again, but the door opened before she could put her fist again on the wood. 

 

Oh God. It was the reaction Seulgi had on her mind once she laid her own eyes on the most beautiful girl she could ever known. That's my fking crush. Her crush, she could tell herself. 

 

Once the door was opened, she saw Joohyun who was wearing a sleeveless top with a pair of black jeans and flat black heels. Her hair was straight down, parted in the middle and her makeup beautifully done, not very hello I have makeup on for a party but more like hello I am naturally beautiful but still it's party night kind of makeup. 

 

"Wow you look great, hyun!" Seulgi said, she couldn't be obvious about how she was dying inside, but still she felt the need to tell the other about facts

 

"Oh hehe thanks!" Joohyun soft laughed. "You don't look bad either, I mean- you also look great!" She grinned. 

 

Seulgi was wearing a skinny black crop top that exponned her toned 11-abs, that matched with a pair of white jeans and bridge heels. Her hair was on a high ponytail and her makeup was light with distinctively tones on her monolid eyes. 

 

"Thanks! I actually feel weird wearing all these stuff, you know I am not usually-" 

 

"You look great!!!" She cut her off. "Let's go, we have friends to meet up" Joohyun grabbed Seulgi’s hand and dragged her out. 

 

Skinship. Skinship like this was what made Seulgi’s heart always skip a beat and made her panic when she was not ready but she couldn't do anything about it nor she wanted. 


 

"Wait." Seulgi stopped them, right before leaving the place. "What happens?" Joohyun asked looking at her confused. 


 

"Let's take a picture!" 

 

Joohyun grinned.

 

"You dummy, you scared me!" 



 

I want to save every moment with you. 





 

 

xxx





 

 

Seulgi had made lot of promises to herself, once she realized she had a crush on Joohyun. 

 

  1. Not do something stupid that can make her feel uncomfortable. 

  2. Not do something stupid that can break our friendship. 

  3. Not get drunk that can lead me to do something stupid to break rule 1 and rule 2.

 

Her last rule being the number 1 priority of the night. Seulgi's record with alcohol have never been a good notice, not since she started drinking. Both of them being adults and free, once tried drinking back then during their last school days, together right there in front of Seulgi’s porch. 

 

The results of it? Seulgi being close to confess and throw everything to the trashcan Hyun- I think- I think- I- I- li- but stopped thanks to how the liquid made her fall asleep fast. The memories after that are a broken record, but just to think about the result of her saying more of what was needed worried her much. 

 

So tonight her main goal was to have fun and not do something stupid, and that involves NO drinking tonight. 


 

"KANG SEUL!!!" The blonde short haired girl welcomed her at the entrance of the party place. It was not so crowded yet but loudly enough to make yourself do an effort to be heard by others. 

 

"Hello wan!!!" 

 

Seulgi pulled Joohyun closer. Holding her by the forearm. "Joohyun Wendy, Wendy Joohyun! She is my new friend at art school, the one I talked you about!" Seulgi presented them.

 

"Ohhh hello Joohyun nice to meet you! I'm Wendy Shon. Seulgi's new new friend at art school, she talks a lot from you, I wanted to meet you." 


 

"Hello! Same as I" 


 

"Oh! Let me present you to someone too, let me go search for her, should we go inside?" 

 

"Yes" Joohyun nodded. "Let's go" Seulgi said. 

 

The three friends entered the Welcome Newbies party, once inside, Seulgi observed the place. They encountered themselves with many faces they have never seen in their life but the atmosphere of all looked fun. It was a house, but a big house that had a huge first floor enough to install a DJ on the middle and fill up the place with color lights. The kitchen was the designated bar of the place (as expected) where people made their drinks and fill up themselves with more liquid than food needed. 

 

Seulgi saw how Wendy disappeared into the crowd but fastly come back to them after finding someone now holding a girl's hand. 

 

"So I want to present-" 

 

"Bae Joohyun?" The girl who had her hands intertwined with Wendy said. "Joohyun? Oh Hello!!!" 

 

"Sooyoung?" The taller woman, let go of Wendy's hand to hug Joohyun, who ended up being her also new friend from Law school. 

 

"Do you know each other?" Seulgi said surprised. "Yes how do you-". Wendy added. 

 

Joohyun laughed at the coincidence. "She is Sooyoung, oh well you already know that Wendy. Me and Sooyoung know each other because we become friends at law school, we share the same clases. She is the friend I told you about Seulgi." 

 

"Ohhh what a coincidence! Nice to meet you too Sooyoung I'm Seulgi! Joohyun's roommate" Seulgi said and kindly hugged the other. 

 

"I have heard some stories from you too!" 

 

"I guess we all know each other." Wendy laughed. She hold and intertwined her hands with Sooyoung again. "But still let me present her to you."

 

"She is Sooyoung, my prettiest and most gorgeous girlfriend." Wendy said and pecked on Sooyoung's cheek. 

 

"Yah so chessy" Sooyoung giggled, looking at her with the most loving eyes "Love you baby." Now Shy Sooyoung said. 

 

Seulgi was surprised but not so much, this was something she hoped to achieve one day, to present her girlfriend in front of others and show how much she had for the other, but that seemed so far away "I didn’t know you had a girlfriend Wendy whoa but so happy for you, you both look great! Nice to meet you~" Seulgi told to all them, including Joohyun who was still beside her. 

 

For the gaze Seulgi gave to her, Joohyun's reaction was not bad, instead she looked happy seeing at how the couple showed each other love and seeing how her new friend was happy

 

Many thoughts crossed through Seulgi’s mind in that short period of time, but she decided it was better to leave that for another time and right now just enjoy the moment, her new friends were there, Joohyun was there, it should be a good night to remember. 

 

"I'm happy for you too~ Should we dance and have fun?" Joohyun said. 

 

"Yup let's gooo!!!" Wendy said and broke into the dance floor holding Sooyoung's hand. Seulgi and Joohyun followed them. 


 

It was party time


 

Let's not screw it up tonight Kang. Seulgi thought to herself. 







 

xxx 






 

Expectations. Strong beliefs we have about something that will happen or be the case in the future. We expect things daily, it's in our day to day nature, but some times those can never reach what we once hoped for. 

 

After falling for Wendy's tricks. Drunk and a little tipsy but happy there Seulgi was. But was like really drunk. Sitting down outside on the house's backyard counting the tons of stars from the night sky with her fingers as if she had enough fingers to count them all. 

 

"1...2...4...8...12…" Hiccup "Aish… 1...3… 15?" Hiccup. "Aish… Wha- why are they moving?" Hiccup. You could clearly tell she was a mess. Even if she hadn't drank that much, what she drank thanks to Wendy was enough for her to knock her out like this. Seulgi hoped the rosiness of her cheeks didn't give her away.  

 

"Yah Seulgi-yah!" A familiar voice come to her. 

 

"Oh? Look a star is here. " Seulgi in the most cutely drunken state said pointing at Joohyun who was now coming to sat beside her offering a cup of water.

 

"No… Noo! Nop!" Making a cross with her arms. "No more drinking for ddeulgi!" Seulgi refused the cup. 

 

"Yah! drink it, is water, you need to sober yourself." 

 

"No…" hiccup "NoOoo." Seulgi was baby talking and Joohyun thought she was being adorable and a little stubborn. 

 

"C'mon Kang Seulgi! If no, we are leaving" 

 

"Hey nooOoo why?" hiccup "I am Tot-TOTALLY fiNE" 

 

Joohyun just laughed at the sight of her best friend. "Really?" She had rosy cheeks and a dorky smiley face. 

 

"Yep! Ddeulgi is fine, wujuuu!" Seulgi rised both of her arms to the air, like in a way of celebration. 

 

Joohyun really wondered if Seulgi was 5 years old or just really really drunk because everything she was doing right now looked adorable. She knew her best friend couldn't tolerate alcohol but didn’t remembered it was till this extent. 

 

"If you are 'Totally' fine as you say, tell me a story" Joohyun knew Seulgi was drunk enough to not even made proper phrases but she took this opportunity to later make fun of her and about it. 

 

"Ahh… ddeulgi is bad at telling stories" Seulgi put her arms down. 

 

"Please!" Joohyun pouted "I won't move until you drink your water" 

 

"Uhmm ahh ok." Even on this drunken state, Seulgi couldn't say a No to Joohyun. 

 

Seulgi hold the cup of water and gave a sip to it, now clearing , she began "Hmm hmm welcome to ddeulgi's story time, wuujuu!" Seulgi clapped like if she was some sort of mc from a tv program and was giving the welcome to everyone on a show. Joohyun dropped a giggle not looking so obvious after watching the whole scene. 

 

For their luck there was not much people at the backyard where they were. Most of people were inside dancing and the few who were outside would be either talking or in their phones, very far away from them. So it was okay for Seulgi to be yes Seulgi

 

"So, let me te-tell you a sad story." 

 

"Sad?" 

 

"Shhhh" Seulgi shut Joohyun with her finger. "Listen" Seulgi smiled. Joohyun just laughed. "Okay" 

 

"Once upon a time there was a bunny and a bear that meet each other randomly at the woods, boing! boing! rawr! rawr!" 

 

"Wow you even are doing hand gestures" 

 

"Hee~hee shhh, at the beginning the other animals couldn't believe that the bunny and the bear become friends, because they w-were so-so diffEreNT" Hiccup. 

 

"B-but so so different, the bunny was t-the prettiest and most smart bunny out there, it was respected by MAAANY animals and the bear, well…" hiccup "the bear was inside its own bubble, being used to be alone most of times." 

 

Joohyun continued listening as she saw how Seulgi narrated while drinking her water. 

 

"But even if they were soooo different, with time they become the greatest friends. But but o-one day the bear realized something th-that could make both of them to stop being the greatest friends, so the bear started to feel scared and worried."

 

"Oh no..." 

 

"Since then the bear decided to do the best to not make the bunny feel sad, and to never make something that showed the bunny what the bear had found out, but even if the bear tried the best, all of it ended up in a sad loop for the bear." hiccup. Seulgi drank more water and remained silent. 

 

But Joohyun was still curious. "and… what happened?" 

 

"The bear decided to live with that sad loop, alone." 

 

 

Seulgi’s eyes grow heavy from the strenuous effects of alcohol that where still on her. Followed by the soft breeze that started on the night. She narrated a story that didn’t knew where it came from but as she tell, Seulgi was stuck with inconsistency of thoughts, and as the combination of them all. "but why? That's-" She fall down and leaned on the only shoulder that was beside her. 


 

Joohyun got surprised, but grabbed her at the right time before the girl could fall on the floor and hurt herself. 

 

"Yah Kang Seulgi do you feel sick?" 

 

"Hmmm because she cared for her" Hiccup. Seulgi made a soft giggle. 

 

"What!?" 


 

"The! the bear cared for the bunny, that's why….s..he...deci...ded that. The eND!" 

 

After the last word, Seulgi fall asleep on Joohyun's arms. Losing herself of the story that she had told, unable to know what was happening, and leaving a soft snore out. 

 

And Joohyun… Joohyun was clueless of what Seulgi decided to share with her. But, she was there besides her holding a drunken Seulgi. 

 

"I think it's time for us to go home!" and so they did. 


 

"Dummy bear!" 


 

That night Joohyun could not stop thinking of the story that Seulgi narrated, and that worried her just like how the bear was feeling. 


 

Who hurt you? 


 

But Joohyun was clueless, clueless to realize it was herself. 




 

xxx




 

revelux


 

 

 

---

 

 

Hello~ I'm back ^^ I hope everyone has been doing well, aseul promotions are over u_u but they were so much fun, I hope you enjoy the update and let me know in the comments what do you think of it :D Don't worry things will become better but little by little okay? Until next time, wujuuu!!!