Chapter #1

Crush On You

 

=Crush On You=

 

If we can see it in our dreams, it would be a good moment to fall asleep.

 

 

For Seulgi life has always been full of ups and downs, sometimes things are good but others are awful. 

 

But for Seulgi moving to the right corner of Cornelia Street was probably one of the best and worst things life could give her. 

 

Because there she met Joohyun

 

Her neighbor. 

 

Her childhood best friend. 

 

Her now roommate.

 

And her one-sided love. 

 

The last one was definitely not in her options once she moved into her house on Cornelia Street. 

 

She and her family had moved from the US to Korea thanks to her dad's new job offer, and everything was new for her. She was lucky to know both languages but she didn't know the new city and didn't have friends. 

 

Since she was a kid, Seulgi never felt the need to socialize she thought that the only two things she needed in life besides her parents were her pair of book and pencil, her special tools in which she could spend hours and hours sitting down just for drawing the wonders of life. 

 

Seulgi was the shy type of girl, that didn't like to express her own emotions to others but once they open up, they were the warmest and most kind people on earth. 

 

The first time Seulgi met Joohyun was the same day she moved into the house and all was thanks to a basketball ball that fell in her front yard. 

 

That day, Seulgi learned that her neighbor was a basketball player and one of the best ones, always being the center position thanks to her multiple skills. Still, the girl for her looked smaller but basketball was not all about height. She would lie if it didn't surprise her she was a basketball player because Joohyun was a little small, not so far from her own height tho, but just enough to call her small. 

 

Sometime later she learned that Joohyun was part of the school's team she was now attending.

 

For Seulgi everything was new once she arrived. The girl lacked in a lot of fields but thanks to her friendship with her neighbor, Seulgi started to feel in a good place.

 

Their time together at school was exciting, they had each other backs all the time when Seulgi felt she was gonna fail a test Joohyun helped her to study. When Joohyun had a basketball game Seulgi went there to cheer her up and scream her name. When Seulgi's mechanical pencil got broken Joohyun was there to help. 

 

They were always for each other, until… Joohyun got a boyfriend. 

 

It was in their senior year, Joohyun was all in with the new boy at school and it was just a span of weeks after they started the year that Joohyun got asked by him to go on a date. She was so nervous and excited, she basically told Seulgi everything about their progress together and during that period of time, Seulgi listened. 

 

Because Seulgi was a good listener, a great listener. Especially for Joohyun. During that time she got hurt but she loved to see Joohyun being happy.

 

Joohyun's boyfriend was a good guy, Seulgi couldn't lie he always made Joohyun her priority. His name was Bogum, he was the school's president and Irene was the basketball team's captain they both together made in a few words the perfect couple. He was funny, smart and nice, that even when Joohyun and Seulgi were together and he came to visit her. He came with things for Seulgi too, so she didn't feel left out. 

 

But with them, Seulgi even had her times of being the third wheel and those were the worst moments for her, so she always found a way to make up an excuse to avoid being together with them. 

 

She had a crush on her, she loved her happiness but it was painful to see her. So it was better to stay away. 

 

The senior year went like that, Irene and Seulgi were best friends. Seulgi had her book & pencil and Irene had a boyfriend. They throw together their graduation hats, graduated, and in the end, they ended up applying and getting accepted in the same college. 

 

Because for Joohyun, Seulgi was important and she couldn't think of another person to be her perfect roommate when she was going to attend college far away from home. 

 

Joohyun applied for law school and Seulgi applied for arts school, both subjects being so opposite but being very important and having the best programs at that university. 

 

That's how time (and Joohyun) lead them to be roommates and starting from tomorrow to live together in a new apartment closer to the school. 

 

"I can't believe we are moving on tomorrow, do you have everything ready?" Joohyun said to Seulgi through the phone, looking outside on the window facing the others house. 

 

"Mmm yeah, look at all the boxes." Seulgi replied pointing out all the pile of boxes having her sight still fixed on Joohyun through the window at the other side. 



"I'm not going to unpack all that Seul." 

 

"You will." 

 

"No, I'm not." 

 

"You will." 

 

"No, I won't."

 

"You…" 

 

"Ah… You-" 

 

"Okay, I will Joohyun, fine you win." They laughed simultaneously through the phone, Joohyun looking at Seulgi through the window and the latter looking to the piles of boxes. 

 

It felt so right, these were the moments Seulgi treasured the most, when they joked with each other when they played with each other when they were just them in a small bubble. 

 

She wished time could stop, for her to grab a picture of this moment but that couldn't last forever, and more because they were nothing, at least not something that Seulgi ever wished for. 

 

"Seulgi." 

 

"Mmm." Seulgi hummed now paying attention through the window.

 

"Can you promise me something?" 

 

"What?"

 

"That you are going to clean your room!" 

 

"LOL… I always clean my room." 

 

"You don't."

 

If one thing Seulgi was sure, it was that Joohyun treasured promises, for her promises were something that could not be broken so easily, and after you said "I promise" that meant you put your heart into it and sealed a pact that was unbreakable. 

 

So Seulgi knew she had to be serious when it comes to Joohyun's promises. 

 

"I-...okay I prom-" 

 

"and…" Joohyun muttered holding the call on break blocking the phone with her hand, still having her eyes locked with Seulgi. 

 

"Joohyun?" Seulgi waved her hand in front of the window so the other could see her, and after the latter noticed Joohyun went back to the phone. 

 

"Promise me that you are never going to leave me."

 

One

 

Two

 

Three

 

Joohyun was good with words. She definitely was. 

 

Joohyun's words had never hit so strong on Seulgi, she had her eyes locked on her and her words felt so sincere and full of fear of the unknown that was yet to come. 

 

But because it was Joohyun who was on the other side of the line. 

 

It took her less than seconds to realize what was her answer. 

 

"I promise" 

 

"Always?" 

 

"Always." 

 

"Let's unpack all that together Seul." 

 

Seulgi smiled knowing that even if it was gonna be hard for her, she was happy because Joohyun was there.

 

 

xxx



 

The move on the new apartment didn't take long as Seulgi thought, her dad helped her take out her boxes and settled them in which what seemed to be Seulgi's new room, on the other hand Joohyun called her boyfriend to come to help her. 

 

Bogum put all of the other stuff in Joohyun's room which was exactly in front of hers. When the boxes were all inside Seulgi thanked her dad for helping her. 

 

"Just call me if you and Joohyun ever need something." 

 

"I will dad, thank you!" 

 

"Joohyun!!!" He screamed all across the room. 

 

"Hey! Don't bother her she's with-" Seulgi scolded him knowing she was in the other room with Bogum. Doing god knows what. 

 

"Yes, Papa Kang???" Joohyun jumped out from her room once she heard the call of Seulgi's dad. 

 

"I already told this little girl right here." He said now grabbing Seulgi and holding her in a side hug. "That you can call me at any hour if you need something." Joohyun smiled. "We will, thank you Papa Kang!" After saying goodbyes, Seulgi's dad left and with him Bogum, now only the two girls were at the living rooms' apartment full of packed boxes. 



"So… mmm…. Do you want Chinese or you want pizza?" That was the first thing Joohyun said once they were left alone. 

 

There was a little silence but it was okay because everything was new for them, they passed most of their time together but they never actually lived together. They didn't know what was to live with the other one, so everything was gonna be new for them. 

 

"What do you think?" Seulgi shamelessly said trying to break that silence. 

 

"Okay, I'm calling for pizza." 

 

"Bingo!" The latter girl laughed. 

 

"Okay unpack the kitchen stuff…" Joohyun pointed out the box that was above the kitchen table. "While I make the call" 

 

"Okay boss!" Seulgi saluted Joohyun like if she was a general making the smaller one laugh with the phone in hand. 

 

"You dummy!" 

 

To live together for sure was going to be exciting and so, but so different.



 

xxx



 

It's been a week since they moved into the apartment, and as if it was surprising they didn't have troubles while learning how to live together. 

 

They were best friends after all, they knew what the other disliked or what the other enjoyed. They had been inseparable for the last 4 years so to live together it wasn't supposed to be hard for them.

 

But. 

 

As days passed, Seulgi and Joohyun eventually began to learn about their differences too. Differences they weren't aware they had. 

 

Joohyun always drank beverages in cups, being it water, soda, juice, etc. literally everything she drinks is on a cup. With the exception of coffee because she doesn't even likes to drink that bitter liquid. 

 

Seulgi sleeps with a little light on because if no the younger girl cannot sleep well. 

 

Joohyun really loves plants that's why they had some flower pots in the rooftop. 

 

Seulgi enjoys listening to music in the old style that's why they put a vinyl music player in the living room and, so on. 

 

They were so different but for some reason their differences made them match so well. Slowly they were starting to learn how to live together and adapting to each other's differences was something important to mention.

 

The younger loved photography that's one of the reasons why she also decided to pursue art school, because for her, art was seen in many ways and many colors and for her photography was the art of capturing moments and fragments of emotions, to remind someone the experiences they had lived. 

 

So without telling Joohyun, she decided to start a photo album of her college life and her life with her. 

 

Seulgi pointed out her camera to where Joohyun was standing, the older was squatting outside at the rooftop sniffing her flowers. 

 

"Hey, Joohyun!" 

 

"What- Hey yah!" Seulgi took a picture. 

 

"Gotch u!" 

 

"Yah dummy!" Joohyun stand up. 

 

"Take another one, let me pose." 

 

"Oh. Okay, photo time canceled." Seulgi breaking a smile said and turned around. 

 

"Yah, Kang Seulgi!" 

 

"Hahaha okay! okay, one more."

 

She pointed out her camera again, and snap. She captured a memory. Seulgi constantly asked herself how can someone be so beautiful and kind at the same time and after every overthinking moment she had over the latter, it always ended in 'How can I have a crush on you?'. 

 

She doesn't really know how she got a crush on her, she really doesn't. 

 

Sometimes she thinks it was at first sight, right there at the moment when she locked eyes with the girl who was playing basketball. 

 

But Seulgi can't really believe if that is even possible. First? Sight? She's not even sure that what she feels for the other is love, like love love, real love, for her love is a very powerful word of 4 letters that should be only used with precaution. But she is sure she has a crush on her because Joohyun is always on her mind and she would like to know the moment when Joohyun started to never leave her mind or a big part from her heart.

 

Maybe, she just needs to remember. 

 

xxx

 

It was the last night before their first day at college, Joohyun had gone out with her boyfriend because he came to visit her. Both had agreed to make efforts for their /now existent/ long-distance relationship, he studied in another college that was not in the city, so in the end, they come to an agreement to see each other every 3 weeks. 

 

And that night for being their last together they spend it, well… Together.  

 

On the other hand, Seulgi was at their apartment, changing the channels of the TV looking what to watch, all wrapped up in the warmest blanket holding a cup of hot chocolate. 

 

She looked at the clock. 7:05 pm

 

It was early. 

 

She moved around the couch, changing again the channels of the TV, now eating her favorite can of Pringles. 

 

She looked at the clock. 8:40 pm.

 

It was not so late. 

 

She got up from the couch and went to her room to look up for some colors and her sketchbook, she had enough of the TV. 

 

She looked at the clock. 9:32 pm. 

 

It's still not so late.

 

She made some sketches but ended up closing the sketchbook to get distracted with her cellphone. 

 

She looked at the clock. 11:05 pm. 

 

It was late. 

 

She thought of sending a message to Joohyun to ask if she was coming and if everything was okay but then she remembered.

 

Joohyun was with Bogum, and them being together wasn't something she should get involved. 

 

Seulgi respected their privacy so whatever was the case she should stay away from that, it was less painful if she knew less. 

 

So after thinking weather what to do, she brushed her teeth and without much thinking went directly to her room to sleep. 

 

Joohyun had the keys of the apartment, so the older could arrive and enter without any problem.

 

She shouldn't worry. She really shouldn't worry. 

 

But still, she worried about her. 

 

Seulgi got in her bed and turned up her little light, put on the alarm of the clock to be up on time the next day and went to sleep. 

 

She will arrive soon. Seulgi hoped. 



xxx

 

In the middle of the night between thunders and flashes of lightnings Seulgi woke up. The storm outside was strong, the waterdrops pattered on the window, and the wind rushed. 

 

The younger looked at the clock on her cellphone and it marked 2:35 am. She wondered if Joohyun was already sleeping, in her room. She wondered if she had arrived home. 

 

Another big thunder rumbled and she jumped a little. Seulgi was worried again because she knew Joohyun disliked storms and most of all thunders. 

 

Seulgi was still sitting down in her bed when she heard her room's door slightly open. 

 

"Seul… gi" 

 

She heard the soft voice that made her feel worried. 



"Mmm?" Seulgi muttered, noticing Joohyun come close to her bed thanks to her little night light. 

 

"Can I… sleep with you?" Seulgi's heart skipped a beat when she listened to her speak, she knew she shouldn't and most of all not in this condition but she couldn't deny her emotions. 

 

"I can't sleep alone… you know… thunders." 

 

The answer was simple. 

 

"Yes, I know. Come here."

 

Because Seulgi knew she could never tell a "no" to Joohyun and not even more when the latter was scared. 

 

If protect Joohyun from a storm night was the only she could do for her, Seulgi would do it. Why? because it was Joohyun. 

 

And that was everything that mattered for Seulgi.

 

That she was Bae Joohyun. 

 

Irene walked closer to Seulgi's bed and got in. 

 

"I brought my pillow" She softly said. 

 

"If you want pass me Mr. Winnie, I'm gonna put it on the desk." Seulgi said.

 

Joohyun grabbed the teddy bear that has been for years now one of Seulgi's most precious belongings. 

 

"Thanks." and the younger put Mr. Winnie (her teddy bear) on the desk and then come back to her bed, where Joohyun was already in. 

 

Seulgi wrapped herself in, and remain still. She didn't know how to behave to not be obvious because she was dying inside, but also still worried because the other was scared. 

 

But to pretend was always her best option, and pretend everything was fine was one of her bests skills. 

 

So Seulgi turned her body, now giving the back to Joohyun and started to pretend she was sleeping until she truly fall asleep. 

 

Another big thunder sounded, and the storm outside started to get more strong. Seulgi felt Joohyun's scared movements but she couldn't do anything about it, so she thought maybe Mr. Winnie could be of help for her dearest Bae Joo

 

Seulgi stood up and grabbed her teddy bear then walked back to bed. 

 

"Joohyun, here. I feel like he can be a good company for you."

 

"What, no it's okay, its your special teddy b-" 

 

"Take it."

 

Seulgi passed her the teddy bear, and once more got herself into bed to sleep, still giving her back to the latter because she knew in her inner self that she couldn't bear to see the older in her bed, without feeling any second wanting to hug her. 

 

"Th-thanks Seul."

 

"No problem, now... let's try to sleep tomorrow is a hard day." Seulgi warmly said. 

 

Both tried their best to sleep in the midst of loud sounds and.... strong feelings. 

 

It was a game of pretending who was stronger. 

 

After some minutes of trying to sleep, Seulgi listened to the older sobbing, she wasn't sure if Joohyun was crying because of feeling scared or worry or even another reason. 

 

But she didn't want to ask, because, in the end, she couldn't really do anything. Besides being by her side and hoping Mr. Winnie could give Joohyun the comfort she couldn't give her. 

 

Yes, she was her best friend. 

 

But she also had a crush on her.

 

And that was something difficult to live with.

 

 

 

revelux

 

So yes, this is the first chapter, how was it? I hope you enjoyed, until the next time :D