Chapter #3

Crush On You

 



To play pretend or to respond. 

 

To sleep or to go out. 

 

To feel hurt or to be…. 



 

Decisions. Decisions that can take just a second to take but that once chosen come with multiple outcomes that lead us to many different paths. 

 

There was Seulgi, inside her room listening how Joohyun was calling for her.

 

She heard how the latter arrived and the first thing she did was to call for her. It was surprising for Seulgi because she thought herself that Joohyun was not coming back soon, not more today after Bogum come to her and wrapped her that strong with his arms. 

 

"Seulgi? Kang Seulgi?" 

 

"Seulgi-yah?!" 

 

She listened her, Seulgi heard her come closer with each step, until she knocked her door. 

 

"Are you there?" 

 

Decisions. Decisions that we choose because we want to and because it's what we believe it's at the end the best for us. 

 

"Yes, I am here. Come in."

 

Being there for Joohyun was something Seulgi was going to do no matter the situation, and that was the decision she wanted to follow, a correct path. 

 

Joohyun opened the door of the room and let herself in. 

 

Three. 

 

Two. 

 

One. 

 

Seulgi was took by surprise. Because the moment the door opened Joohyun wrapped her arms around her and embraced Seulgi in a tight hug. Hugs could never be long enough for Seulgi. In Joohyun arms she felt safe and her worries disappeared like rain on summer earth, the same was for Joohyun. 

 

For her Seulgi made all the pain went away, she was warm and kind, and still not knowing a reason Joohyun knew she needed one of her bear like hugs. 

 

"Are you okay?" Still surprised, full in the embrace Seulgi asked, but eventually realized that it was a dumb question to ask because the latter started sobbing in her own shoulder. 

 

"I am not sure." She started to sob harder. 

 

"Let it go." Seulgi softly said and patted her back as they continued hugging. 

 

She could hear the hurt in her voice. She felt heartbroken and wondered if this was a result of another certain someone. 

 

Seulgi was now mad, because Joohyun didn't had to feel this hurt. But she was also mad because she let herself feel this worried for the other girl, and couldn't do anything about it. 

 

"Thank you." Joohyun said in a low tone, almost unnoticeable but enough for Seulgi to listen. 



"For what? You know I am always here." 



"For this." 



"You're the only person I know that gives indefinite hugs." Joohyun sobbed. 

 

"No need to thank me." Seulgi broke the embrace just to face the sobbing girl. They locked eyes and Seulgi could clearly see how a tear dropped from Joohyun's cheek. Which she wiped with her own hand. "You know I will be here always, wanna talk?" 



Joohyun nodded and that for Seulgi was enough to remember herself that sometimes is okay to made correct choices that you don't want to regret later, even if those mean for you to have… yes mixed feelings. 





xxx





After their deep talk, Joohyun took a shower and got herself into her own bed. She felt tired, both her heart and body so what she needed best now was to rest and Seulgi understood her. 

 

Seulgi was now washing the dishes, that were there dirty since the morning. For her washing the dishes was her special place to clean her thoughts, because that was also what she needed. 

 

Joohyun told Seulgi everything that happened between her and Bogum once she lef them. She explained and recalled how the boy screamed at her after she refused to reciprocate the hug or don't wanted to kiss him back, the boy didn't understood why she was being distant or even the situation that made her feel hurt initially, and knowing that it made Joohyun feel more hurt. 



As Seulgi listened to the story it made herself feel disappointed because she should have stayed. She should have grabbed Joohyun by the arm and run away, but that was something that was now not even possible. 

 

Joohyun told Seulgi how she asked to Bogum for time, not because she didn't liked or cared for him but because she wondered if she really loved him. 

 

"I couldn't believe he was being like that, after all the years we have been together he was so… different. So I couldn't bear anymore, I asked him for 3 weeks, you now we agreed to see each other every 3 weeks?  Well after so much talking he finally agreed and invited me to at least have dinner with him but I couldn't… so I made an excuse… I felt hurt Seulgi."

 

Remembering each word, still makes Seulgi feel anger. 

 

I should have stayed. I should have been there. I should have… 

 

But "Shoulds" are a never ending story, that are an art of our imagination to let our mind feel a little at peace. 

 

After knowing about Joohyun situation she recalled to last night when she listened to her sobbing beside her in bed. She was heartbroken, not scared. 

 

And I did nothing… 

 

After so much thinking and many scrubs to the plates and glasses in which Seulgi poured almost all her anger. Seulgi come to a decision. 

 

Maybe she couldn't do anything about what had already happened, but she could do something for was yet to come. 

 

So Seulgi decided she would do everything into her hands to make Joohyun feel happy and take her out of that hurtful loop. 

 

She was gonna be there for her, just like she has always been since she moved to the right corner of Cornelia Street. 

 

And that's something that's never gonna change. 




 

xxx



 

 

Their days passed fast, in a blink of an eye it was already Thursday afternoon and Seulgi was finishing her last class of the day. Packing her stuff and ready to meet Joohyun who was waiting for her in their place between the both buildings to go back to the apartment together. 

 

But, she was stopped before being able to take her own leave. 

 

"Hey KangSeul!!" A tiny girl with round specs and blonde hair come to her in a rush. She usually sitted in the same row as her but on the fronter desks, and never had a word with her. They were still new to the new college environment so Seulgi got used to only talk with Wendy who sat beside her. 

 

"Mhm yes?" 

 

"You are KangSeul right?"

 

"Kang Seulgi! But yeah that's me, why?...and you… are..?" 

 

"Oh great!! I'm Kim Ye Rim!!! Top student from Art School nice to meet you" She offered her a handshake and Seulgi shaked it. "Well we share the same class since I had to retake this but anyways I am here because I am in charge of the 'New and now official Dance team of special arts'" She exclaimed and made a huge emphasis on the last sentence like a celebration, at first glance Seulgi could saw this girl was extra but being honest she thought the girl looked like a very fun and nice kid to be with, so she followed. 

 

"And after reviewing the list the president of the art council gave me, you are a very important prospect to join us!" 

 

Oh. That's when Seulgi remembered she put on her application that she loved to dance in her free time and added her multiple awards that got on her Dance School when she lived in the US. 

 

Seulgi couldn't lie, she was skilled in Dance (more like… in everything) but more than what she was at photography or any special Arts, but initially she wasn't sure if to continue or pursue a Dancing career was the best for her. So she didn’t. 

 

Eventually she took Arts School because even they included 1 or 2 Subjects related to Dance in their program aside the other topics, and that was enough for her. 

 

"Oh I see.." Seulgi realized what this was all about. "... but I don’t Dance anymore. I'm sorry!" Kindly said. 

 

"Wait, how that you don't!???" The girl was shocked, she felt like her one big chance was gone and her world who was already builded, totally crumbled. 

 

"Bu-but you have this many list of awards and-" 

 

"It's for personal reasons, but sorry I don’t Dance anymore, still I wish you the best for your new Dance team." Seulgi smiled her back and stood up from her seat, she wasn't ready to remember her old past of what used to be something she loved the most but had to let go. 

 

"Wait! Wait!" Yeri said and stood up in front of Seulgi who was already taking her leave out the room. 

 

"Okay, I understand you don't Dance anymore but could you at least think about it, and maybe come to audition I mean that's a requisite but if you show up we are gonna be aware you want or at least is considering to join." (even if you don't want to) Yeri muttered to herself. 

 

"Here take a look at the pamphlet, read it, its really a good opportunity!!! Also it gives us extra credits!!!" The girl sounded very joyful and excited so Seulgi took the pamphlet but that didn’t meant she was agreeing to all of this. 

 

Hesitating Seulgi took the piece of paper. "I will read it but I can't promise anything, still thank you for reaching me out and talk to me about this." 

 

"No problem, the pleasure is mine, I hope to see you on the auditions and hope we can become great friends!" Yeri smiled. 

 

"I will see, now I have to go because-" 



"Oh yeah my bad, see you KangSeul!!" Yeri stepped aside and let the entrance now free for Seulgi to walk. 

 

"See you Yerim." Seulgi waved to her and that was Seulgi's goodbye to end her school day on that Thursday afternoon. 





 

xxx





 

4 days and Joohyun has remained the same. Her mood doesn't changes, she isn't distant but is less cheerful like she usually is, and Seulgi hates to know the reason behind it. 

 

Walking the same path they have been taking for the past few days to go back home. Seulgi spotted her now 'new' favorite convenience store. 

 

"Hey Joohyun~ let's buy Ice Cream!" Seulgi bumped her right shoulder with Joohyun's, since they were walking side by side, and that's what she thought to cheer up the girl. 

 

"Yah!" Exclaimed surprised. "Mmm no I don't want." Still walking. "C'mon you love it, and It's my treat today!" 

 

"Mmm" Still not sounding pretty convinced. 

 

"They sell here your favorite, the red bean popsicle you love, uhm?" Seulgi said while looking at Joohyun with the most pleading eyes, to make the latter accept the offer. 

 

"Ah you really-" 

 

"Yes!!! let's go!" Seulgi happily jumped and interlocked arms with Joohyun, to walk together to the convenience store. 

 

Skinship like this was normal for them, more for Joohyun. She enjoyed it, or that's what Seulgi thought because she always was the clingy type and Seulgi got used to it, more to linking arms, that was the usual. 

 

The girls entered the store and got welcomed by a soft breeze that made Joohyun shiver, Seulgi felt how the other shacked because of it. Cute Seulgi thought. 

 

"Yah Hyun look, here." Seulgi pointed out to the freezer who was at the back of the store. Passing by the various halways of food they reached the place. 

 

"So red bean for you?" 

 

Still linking arms Joohyun nodded. 

 

"Seulgi-yah how about some tteokbokki too?" 

 

"You saw it right?" Joohyun only laughed. 

 

"I'm hungry, I'm sorry" 

 

"Okay but only if you make ramen too!" 

 

"Oke" 

 

They walked by the store and took their food. Arrived to the cashier and placed all above to pay for it. It was Seulgi treat so she was paying it. 

 

"Did you find everything you were looking for?" The cashier asked as she scanned the products. 

 

"Yes, thank you." Joohyun said and smiled. 

 

"I'm glad to hear, you look cute! How much you have been together? young love these days is so adorable~" The old lady said. 

 

That made Seulgi freeze, as much as she would like that to be real, they weren't nothing, not even close to being something but for others to think they looked cute together was surprising, more so because both where still linking arms. 

 

Seulgi didn’t wanted to turn to see Joohyun's face to that questions because she knew that it would only made herself feel hurt. 

 

But Joohyun just remained silent. 

 

"Oh, we are not-" Seulgi added, almost instantly. 

 

"Ohmygod!" The old lady exclaimed, now having finished scanning the stuff. "I am sorry, excuse this poor lady" The woman said very ashamed. 

 

"Its okay, don't worry, still thank you for calling us cute!" Joohyun said smiling nicely and grabbed the plastic bag with their things, now that Seulgi had payed for them. 

 

"Yes, don't worry. Thank you ahjumma!" Seulgi said and both walked out the convenience store. 

 

They remained linking arms in their way back to the apartments complex. Joohyun hadn't let go of Seulgi, not even after the ahjumma's question. Seulgi didn’t know what to think after the -you look cute! How much you have been together?- Or Joohyun's -still thank you for calling us cute!- 

 

Do we look good together? 

 

Was she being only nice? 

 

Why is she so adorable? 

 

Seulgi had a loop of thoughts in their way back. But gladly for her they didn’t had much talking since both were now eating the ice creams they had bought. 

 

Seulgi gave a quick glance at Joohyun and the latter looked more cheerful enjoying the popsicle, and that was enough for Seulgi to feel like she made a good decision. 

 

Their remaining way back was calm but it was fine, just sharing each others company was enough for them, more so for Seulgi. 





xxx






"Yah Seulgi-yah Do you want spicy or bland ramen???!!!" Joohyun screamed across the apartment. She was currently at the kitchen setting up the dinner they had bought earlier and Seulgi was taking a shower, since she won against Joohyun on rock, paper, scissors which was a hard task knowing how Joohyun always ended up winning. 

 

"What??!!!" Seulgi screamed back hearing nothing. 

 

"THAT IF YOU WANT-" (You know what no) Joohyun thought herself and decided to go closer to the bathroom herself that was way easier. 

 

"I said that if you want the ramen spicy or bland?" Joohyun said against the bathroom's door, and Seulgi clearly listened. 

 

"Why you- why you ask if you know the answer already?" 

 

"lol, yah!" Joohyun realized, then laughed. 

 

The truth is Seulgi or Joohyun neither could eat well spicy food, but Seulgi loved to eat spicy food. But Seulgi knew Joohyun wasn't good like her at eating that type of food and eventually with time she began to change that. 

 

"Bland!!! thank you hyun!" 

 

"Fine, hmm go out quickly!" 

 

Joohyun went back to the kitchen and finished setting the food on the table, their apartment was small but cozy. A table for 2 people, 1 chair in front of the other. It had a kitchen lamp above it and was adorned by a flower pot in the middle, same kind as the flower pots Joohyun had outside on their balcony. 



After everything was ready, Joohyun went to organize a little their living room. It wasn't completely disorganized but there were some things out of place. Some of Seulgi’s LP were on the little table in front the couch, the tv's control on the couch, the pillows unarranged and so on. 

 

Once they arrived Seulgi dropped her stuff there, and as Joohyun organized that spot she came across a pamphlet that looked like it had fall out from Seulgi’s bag. 

 

Joohyun read it, it said Auditions ona big bold font, and that was enough to catch Joohyun's attention. 

 

She continued reading until, sounds started to come from the bathroom's which meant Seulgi, her roomate, was going out. 

 

Fastly, she put the paper back on her bag and went back to the kitchen, Joohyun wasn't so bad either to play pretend. 

 

"Whoaaa it's smells good, Joo" 

 

"Yah come here and let's eat, because it's starting to cold down." 

 

"Coming!!" Seulgi said and before going to the kitchen she went to her room, to drop her stuff. 

 

Now back, they sat together on the table and started to eat their food. It was silent at first, but not the type of silence that makes you feel awkward with the other person, if not the type of silence that is enough comfortable to share space with the other. 

 

Closer to finishing her food and call it a day. Joohyun started the conversation. 

 

"So, how's Arts school? Did you… mmm made friends yet?" Joohyun said and took a sip if her drink. "Mmm it's fun, well for now it's interesting and yes! I made a friend, she's cool! I'm slowly starting to meet people."

 

"That's good to hear I remember how you had a hard time making friends once you arrived to our school. Back in our old days. That's why I ask." 

 

Once her days on her new environment began. The schools basketball gym started to become Seulgi’s hideout during breaks. It was a big place, but cozy, she thought so thanks to the lack of people that spend their time there during breaks. She also enjoyed how the sound of the bouncing ball echoed on the room while sitting down on the bleachers, and had fun drawing everything that come to mind. 

 

Barely a week in but there she was, drinking her juice, munching a piece of bread, drawing on her sketchbook, listening how the other kids played with the ball. Seulgi was so into her own world that she didn’t hear when another person was coming to her.

 

"You are my new neighbor right?" A ponytail girl with the schools basketball uniform asked. She had the ball in her hands, and looked all sweaty after finished what it looked like a basketball game. 

 

Seulgi didn’t know her but remembered her from somewhere. "Mmm… Ah! Yes, hello Joo…." 

 

"Joohyun Bae! Can I sit?" Seulgi nodded, she was a timid girl, but the other was kind to be with "Wow you draw? That's so cool!! Can you teach me?" The Captain of the basketball team said.

 

After that day they started to meet more and pass more time together, who would have together the new kid was gonna end up being the Captain's best friend. 

 

Now remembering their first encounter on school, Seulgi was full of memories. 

 

Seulgi couldn't decipher if Joohyun's expressions were a sense of relief or of worry or of another mixed feeling. 

 

"I also made a friend! She's fun and so easygoing" Joohyun added. Seulgi finished eating her cup of ramen. "Oh that's great, I bet you are gonna have lots of friends you were always so popular hehe." Seulgi lowkey laughed. 

 

But the girl was right, Joohyun being the basketball team's captain on their own school made her be known for everyone, she even added that on her papers of admission to their now new college and was a plus to let her in. 

 

"Maybe, I can't be sure yet…Talking about friends and school, are you taking any extracurricular? You know those give us extra credits" Joohyun said picking now her last piece of rice cake and eating it. 

 

"Mmm I don't think so, I would prefer to spend that time on reading or sketching…" 

 

"Really? I thought you were joining the Dance Club." 

 

"No, I don't- wait how did you know?" Seulgi was dumbfounded. Because she never remember telling Joohyun about the offer she got today. 

 

Joohyun was freeze, because she realized she had screwed up a little but as someone who was also good to play pretend, had ready an answer. 

 

"Isn't that something all art majors have? Like dance is an art too? I was just guessing… also you love to dance." Joohyun stood up, both had finished eating so she was willing to wash the dishes after Seulgi bought them food. 

 

"Oh!" Seulgi took her plate to the sink and stayed there putting her back on the refrigerator looking to Joohyun who was now washing the dishes. 

 

"Mmm you are correct, but still I don't feel like doing it. Also I have to audition and… well I don’t feel like getting back to it. That's all back in the US" 

 

"That's a shame…" Joohyun let go a sigh "because you are a great dancer." 

 

Seulgi was stunned and dropped a soft hiccup for a second. She was not so used to Joohyun giving her compliments, instead she was always the one to tell her beautiful words, and had to stop herself of telling her most of what could be said, to don't cross the line. 

 

"Am I? T-thank you." Another hiccup come out. She listened how Joohyun laughed. "Why you laugh?" Joohyun closed the running water, after finishing washing the plates. "Just.. because" She laughed again. "But really Kang Seulgi you should give it a try, I will make you company to the audition if that makes you have more confidence, remember you are not alone." 

 

Another hiccup. Joohyun Bae you… yoyou ally make my heart skip a beat Seulgi thought. "I will think about it… but thank you truly." Another hiccup. "You also are not alone, don't forget it." Joohyun's smiled and nodded. "I know" 

 

"I know" 

 

"Wanna watch TV?" Seulgi asked, seeing now they were done at the kitchen. "Sure!" They went and sat on the couch in front the TV, the living room was small but it was besides the balcony, aside the kitchen, the big corridor window showed a beautiful scenery of the neightbor buildings. 

 

They ended up watching a tv show that invites different guest each week and enjoy their time with music, it was a fun show and both of them enjoyed it. That week was a special of comforting songs, so most of them were slow toned. 

 

After 15 minutes in, Seulgi started to feel sleepy, she loved this music even most of her LPs were of that genre, but she was tired of the eventful day. 

 

She was feeling so tired, and was thinking on call it a day, but then she remembered she was the one asking Joohyun to watch tv with her, so to leave her after 15 minutes in, it would look like a joke. No Seulgi, no, let's stay here a little longer then you can go and sleep. She thought. 

 

They continued watching and as time passed, Seulgi felt her eyes heavier and heavier, started nodding but waking up herself she couldn't just fall asleep like that.

 

In the other hand, Joohyun was so immersed on the program that she didn’t could really tell Seulgi was falling asleep. 

 

For Seulgi falling asleep was like being drugged, her body dragged her into the world of dreams in less than a minute and slept like a bear. But if she was awoken in the night she was the type to have it hard to get back to sleep. 

 

After noddings, eye blinks and Joohyun's scent, she fall asleep. Seulgi unconciously ended up falling to Joohyun's shoulder which made the other surprise. 

 

Irene was close to tell her something but she looked at Seulgi who was peaceful and calm, resting so well, that she couldn't. Let's stay like this until the program ends, then I will wake her up. She thought. 

 

Joohyun continued watching the show, until her own body also gave in thanks to the soft melodies of the tv program. It was comforting enough that she also fall asleep. 

 

It was their 6th day living under the same roof, but their 2nd day sleeping together. But Irene after days of not sleeping properly, because of her own worries she felt at peace sleeping beside of Seulgi. 

 

Maybe they did were cute. 






xxx





reveluxe

 

 

 

 

 

-------

 

 

Hello~ I'm a little monster naughty! naughty! ^^ I am back sorry it took a long time but life is hard lately u_u I ain't dropping this story, so don't worry. From now on it will only get better and I hope to update more sooner than before hehe hope you enjoyed the update and till next time :D 

 

Please take care of me~ Aseul Aseul~