Chapter #5

Crush On You

Respectful audience, prosecutor, and the defendant part. 

 

Calling the case #0130921 - The makeup store robbery. 

 

Following the information obtained from past trials and the provided evidence that both sides have presented. 

 

We, the court of the district have concluded that there is not a reasonable alibi and, therefore, we find the defendant’s side guilty.

 

guilty?

 

And this students, it’s the best example of how an attorney wins a case" The professor stopped the video "This is how we get the proper justice with the only use of our words. No violence involved. So study hard for you to become like that!” Professor Joon, Joohyun’s teacher said and turned off now the projector, which was transmitting a real trial for them to learn or at least get some sort of motivation to start learning. "Got it?" 

 

guilty?

 

“Any more questions?” The classroom remained quiet, “Okay that's it for today, please don’t forget to bring the resume of the book I gave you last week. See you next Monday!” Like a spell that had just been removed, sounds of the moving chairs and chatter could be heard, all the students started to stand up, except a certain someone that was still so into her own thoughts, bitting her finger nails. 

 

guilt…?

 

It’s been 2 weeks since the welcoming party and Joohyun still has in mind the story Seulgi told her that night. 

 

The day after, she asked Seulgi about it but the monolid girl told her that she didn’t have an idea where that came from “It was just something I made up randomly, it’s gibberish don't mind me Hyun!”

 

It’s been 2 weeks that they both rarely see each other often even when they live under the same roof. Seulgi comes late home by the time Joohyun is asleep and when Seulgi is home, Joohyun is out studying at the library. Being new to college life comes with ups and downs, and one of those is that you need to spend more time on other activities.

 

It’s been also 2 weeks since Seulgi told Joohyun that she was going to give a try to dancing again. "I think, I want to try again" "Really?" Seulgi learned that the dance club was nothing so serious in comparison to the school she attended in the US. So being in need of an escape way to ease her heart and mind from reality, dance was the answer, dance was that for her, dance was it, aside from sketching obviously. So this was one of the reasons why they haven't seen each other so much. 

 

guilt… 

 

"BAE JOOHYUN!" The tall girl with the silky long black hair put down strongly her books on Joohyun's desk. "AHHHHH" Sending the other girl to scream and get startled. "Yah!!!! Park Sooyoung?!!! Do you have a death wish????" 

 

"Sorry, sorry HAHAHA!" Sooyoung enjoyed teasing Joohyun she couldn't lie. "I apologize and will reflect" Giggling she said. 

 

"uhm liar" 

 

"It's just that I saw a one chance opportunity hahaha but you seemed so serious… What were you thinking by the way?" Sooyoung looks at her curiously. 



"N-nothing, I was just overthinking." 

 

"Oh well, if you say so." Not sounding so convinced Sooyoung said. "But just let me tell you we should not overthink much… not until it's too late" 

 

"Anyways, are you doing an extracurricular? Today is the last day to register, I actually think we should do one…" Sooyoung coughed "both, let's choose the same one." 

 

"Mmm I actually not inte-" 

 

"But Hyun! c'mon, we need the credits!!! Also, we are babies at school, you understand how a big opportunity this is for us?" 

 

"Not really… Also! What are we gonna take if we are law majors!?? Cooking club??? I pass!" 

 

"Hyun… Hyun… C'mon!" 

 

"Mmmm convince me, tell me a good choice and maaaybe I will consider it." 

 

"Okay, wait."

 

Sooyoung stopped for a moment and took out her phone to see the school's website to check and learn about all the clubs the institution had. She scrolled down until she found the list. 

 

"What about the fashion club? We can wear pretty clothes and do-" 



"Mmm fashion? No, thank u next." 

 

"Ashhh… Mmm cooking... oh! wait you already say no to that… AH!" Joohyun jumped in surprise because of Sooyoung's fast reaction. "I think I find our ideal club." 

 

"What is it?" Joohyun asked curiously. "You told me you were a basketball player right?" 

 

"Yes, I was, but they don't have a basketball club here."

 

"But they DO have a tennis team." 

 

"WHAT? No pfff I-" 

 

"Hyun!!! Think about it, tennis is a great sport for us, it will give us credits and reputation besides we can look super pretty wearing the Tennis uniforms. Look!" Sooyoung told showing the phone's screen to her, that displayed images of the team. "It's perfect!" 

 

Joohyun stayed silent, but with a good type of silence that expressed a - Mmm I am not convinced 100% yet but this actually sounds like the best option, also I like the sport and so it doesn't sound so stupid- kind of silence. 

 

"So what do you say? Uhm please?" Sooyoung asked. More like requested. 

 

"Mmm okay, but you must attend all days and don't leave me alone." 

 

"Deal!!!! Thanks, Joo this is gonna be so fun, I'm sure of it, who knows maybe you become the team's captain in the future." 

 

"No, no, no cut it. I had enough of being the captain." 

 

"I was just saying lol anyways let's go we have to fill up our papers, go, go, go." 

 

"You are a kid, but a toll kid." 

 

"Shut up!" 



Joohyun and Sooyoung left the classroom and walked directly to the office to fill up their forms to join the Tennis club. Even if Joohyun wasn't aware, the Tennis club could be a very big opportunity, not only for her but for Sooyoung too. 







xxx







With heavy steps Seulgi walked to the dorm, she was tired. So incredibly tired that at the moment her head could touch the pillow she would fall asleep. 

 

Taking out her key from the jeans pocket she opened the door. The apartment was quiet, nothing different from the past few weeks, there weren't signs of Joohyun anywhere. Something nothing different either. 

 

Not minding much she went to her room, Seulgi wondered if she was starting to careless of the other or if the other was the one caring less. 

 

But she herself was enough exhausted to let the mouse in her head spin the wheel. So sleep was always the answer. Mind & Body were tired, that pretty much sums up a combo. 



Falling to her bed, Seulgi was ready to rest, tomorrow was her D-Day to show up all she had practiced and demonstrate that the skills that remained on her were still there. But between shifting positions and getting all warm. Seulgi listened to how someone knocked on her door, and that just leads to be a certain someone. 



"Seulgi, are u there?" 

 

No answer. 

 

"Mmm I brought pizza wanna eat?" 

 

"Or wanna talk? We haven't talked in a while." 

 

Joohyun knocked again. 

 

"Are you sleeping? I bought from the place you liked last time." 

 

No response came from Seulgi, the girl was thinking… yes thinking between going to Joohyun or going to sleep. 

 

"Well if you wake up, there is pizza, I am gonna leave it there-" Joohyun stopped talking as she heard the door open. 

 

"Did you bought cider too?" Seulgi grinned

 

"Of course!!! Let's go eat." 






xxx






"Ahhh I'm full, why did you let me eat so much Hyun, I feel like exploding." 

 

"No, wait! Not here." Seulgi threw a napkin to her "Yah!!" They laughed together. 

 

"So mmm what do you wanna talk?" Seulgi hummed. 

 

Joohyun didn’t took much time to drop her concerns because they had been on loop for a while now. 

 

"Mmm I'm gonna be honest, Seulgi are you mad at me?" 

 

What? Seulgi was found speechless. 

 

"Wait what? No! of course, no why would you think that." 

 

"Because it's been 2 weeks since that party and you have been acting… distant." 

 

"I have!??" 

 

"No, no, no, I am not mad Hyun is just that I have been busy but very busy." 

 

Indeed Seulgi was right, apart from her was busy enough juggling between school, assignments, her dance practices for the audition, and her sketchbook healing time. 

 

Healing. Healing herself was now starting to become her priority that in a way without realizing was drifting her apart from her other reality. Hyun

 

"It's because I have been practicing…. and also school." 

 

"Practicing for… Oh! You are joining the dance team right!?" Joohyun remembered. 

 

"I am...well kinda, it's complicated." 

 

For Seulgi, complicated meant 3 things. 

 

  1. I don't know how to explain
  2. I don't know why I don't know how to explain
  3. I don't know why I don't know how to explain to you. 

 

The 3rd of them being so different but equally to the others. 

 

"Don't say that! I know you will do well, at what time is your audition can I go see?" Joohyun asked. 

 

That took Seulgi by surprise because she thought that maybe the other still cared for her and she couldn't lie that this type of interest from Joohyun was important to her. But still, it didn’t stop her to question it. 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yeah, why not I am your best friend!!!" 

 

Right. 

 

"Yes, of course, you can mmm tomorrow at 5pm at the auditorium from the Arts building!" 

 

"Got it! I will be there." Joohyun smiled. 

 

If Seulgi was not so nervous before, she was now anxious but at the same time, she felt happy that Joohyun cared for her. Why wouldn't she??? I need to stop making assumptions. 

 

The moon sat and shinned outside their apartment's window door where Joohyun's little pots were at and flowers started to bloom. 

 

Until midnight, they continued chatting about all the time they had missed from each other, and that's when Seulgi realized that it's not right to make assumptions, even more, when everything is just the way it has always been. 





xxx

 

 

 

The auditorium was cold, so much colder than what Seulgi usually considers herself as cold. With confident steps she walked down the hallway, everything looked so professional for only being some club's auditions. There were many people, not so much to fill up the whole place but long enough to keep her waiting until it was her turn. 

 

Passed by and Seulgi spotted at the front the little blonde girl that was holding a megaphone and talking to the prospects for the team who were performing at the stage. Right now it was on number #02, she looked at her bandage that had been attached on her shirt the moment she arrived at the place and it showed number #23. There's still time...uff. She was nervous, but the notes of the music saturated the room like water. 

 

Seulgi sat down some rows behind where the panel of people holding the audition was. Her phone gave a buzz and noticed she had received a message.

 

From Wan ;) 

 

Yooo have you already performed? I arrived, where you at???? 

 

Please tell me no, because I want to see you do your thing on stage

 

Not yet lol, I am at the back rows

 

What's my thing???? 

 

Great, on my way

 

And you know your thing

 

I don't get it



Seulgi continued seeing the performers do their presentations on stage, some of them were amazing more than her owns she thought but got more anxious as Yeri's words were harsh sometimes to the prospects. Seulgi could tell the girl was little on size but had a very strong determined character. 

 

Between words, music notes, and the cold breeze that come from the room's AC. Seulgi suddenly wondered about a certain someone. Will she come? She looked back at her phone chat list and there was no sign of Joohyun. Maybe she forgot… 

 

The performers continued jumping on stage one by one, it was during the #20 performer when Wendy arrived, and Seulgi was happy her new friend could make it. They have been friends for a short time but she knew that Wendy's friendship was starting to be special to her. 

 

"Kang!!! I'm here!!!" Wendy's sat beside Seulgi and patted the girls back. "Are you nervous?" 

 

"What do you think?" 

 

"If I knew I wouldn't be asking, right?" 

 

"Ugh" Seulgi saw Wendy's teasing expression at her. "Ah! of course, I am!! More because the blonde girl right there at the front is making me more anxious as every performer gets auditioned" 

 

"Yah! Don't worry! I have never seen you dance but for what you have told me you will do great so calm down… breath in…" Wendy's hand motioned Seulgi to follow the breathing exercises and she followed. 

 

"breath out…" 

 

"breath in…" 

 

"breath out…" 

 

"Yes, just like that, good girl!" Wendy said patting her back seeing Seulgi more relaxed. 

 

"Thank y-" "Number #23!!!" Seulgi jumped on her seat listening to her number being named. "You go Seulgi, show them!!!" She breathed in and breathed out. Stood up and walked front to the stage. 

 

With bold steps, she went up, and once there she realized. She is not coming… Indeed Seulgi saw that coming, more because Joohyun has been also in part very busy, but Seulgi still hoped that maybe, just maybe Joohyun could have come there to support her. Seulgi shacked her head to drop all those thoughts and focus on the moment. 

 

 

A tiny blonde judge named Yeri waved at her and started. "Number #23 Kang Seulgi. First-year student from Arts School. So tell me, Seulgi, are you ready?" 

 

"Yes!" Seulgi mentioned once she put herself in position. "Well let's see what you show us tonight, standby



The lights lowered the intensity, Seulgi closed her eyes and gulped her nervousness. I am Kang Seulgi! 



The first note came out flat and as the beat started Seulgi started dancing. It was like if Seulgi had become one with the stage and the music because her movements were sharp but at the same time delicate. Suddenly the music stopped. It was the breakdance she had prepared and before the music started again she saw at the very distance onto the auditorium a very familiar silhouette, after noticing, she smiled and the notes played again. This time everything went right, even better, Seulgi hands, legs, and her full body began to move to the beat of every note, it was perfection. She was an artist and was aware that she had to show it, and so she did. 

 

Once the performance ended, the not so empty, not so full room started applauding, she listened to how Wendy screamed from the distance "Yes Kang! Yes! That's my friend!!!" saw how the blonde little girl named Yeri was using her megaphone to say "Accepted!!! She is our team's new ace!!! Welcome, Kang Seulgi!!" 

 

Happiness and overflowing feelings of satisfaction, fill up her mind and body. She was grinning but even more, once she spotted Joohyun there in the audience clapping for her and matching eyes with her. 

 

But this didn't last long because she noticed how a familiar person come to Joohyun and grabbed her hand to take her out of the auditorium. Bogum. Between applauses and screams, and megaphones sound, she noticed the couple bickering. Seulgi didn't want to pay much attention to them but at the same time, she wanted to step down the stage to go to Joohyun. 

 

Her never-ending mental fight of what to do was not changing. In the end, Seulgi remained on stage talking with the judges that were interviewing her, but meanwhile, that happened she saw how the couple left completely by the back door. 



And like that. 



Joohyun was gone. 



"So tell me Seulgi how are you so good at this?" 



At dancing or play pretend? On either, I honestly don't know. 




 

xxx



 

Once outside Joohyun couldn't hold herself any longer, and let go of Bogum's grip on her hand. 

 

"What are you doing here!?? And why do you take me out from there!?? I was watching!" Joohyun sounded irritated, close to being mad. She couldn't understand why Bogum had the necessity to take her out from there when they could have waited, more could have waited for Seulgi to finish at least. 

 

"Ah baby, I'm sorry!!! I came to surprise you and that was the first thing I had to do to do this!" As soon as Bogum's words finished he wrapped the girl in an embrace. But Joohyun was still not getting it and as result, she drifted away. 

 

"Wait, wait… Bogum really what are you doing here?" 

 

"Mmm okay, it's true that I came here because I missed you but also because I wanted to invite you to a friend's party that is happening today!" 

 

Are you kidding me? 

 

"So you came here and took me out of the auditorium to invite me to a party that is happening today???" 

 

"Yes, exactly…" Silence came from Joohyun, and her mood was not getting better. "and!!! And also because I missed you, babe, so let's go" He pulled her by the hand, but Joohyun didn't move. 

 

"Bogum." 

 

"What baby? Let's go, don't you miss me?" 

 

Joohyun didn't know how to respond, but she was not getting all of it. Even so in the end she gave in and went out with him to grab something to eat. 

 

Still, she didn’t answered him and just walked first, so the boy could follow her. But before she left, Joohyun texted Seulgi because leaving her friend's stage suddenly felt not correct and this was the least she could do right.

 

To. Seulgi Kang

 

You did so well!!!!! 

 

I know you were gonna do it!!! 

 

Something came up, I'm sorry so I had to leave but see you at home. 

 

I'm proud of you <3



"So what do you want to eat?" Bogum said wrapping his arm around her. She didn’t know why but something was feeling off from her, it's wasn't okay anymore. 



"Whatever." 

 

 

xxx



 

Auditions had ended, and before leaving the place. Yeri, the club president wanted all the selected team members to gather and have a little talk. They were now all together on stage. 

 

"First of all. Congrats to all of you for joining us, I hope we can all enjoy and dance with happiness. Welcome!!!" The girl smiled and started clapping.

 

Which comes with a round of more since everyone at the place followed. Filling up the place with sound. Seulgi started scanning her new team members and for her, they all looked nice, she hoped they could become friends. In the midst of all, she felt how her phone gave a soft buzz in her right pocket and it was a message from Joohyun. 



From. Joohyun Bae :D

 

-You did so well!!!!! I know you were gonna make it!!! 

 

-Something came up, I'm sorry so I had to leave but see you at home. 

 

-I'm proud of you <3

 

Mixed feelings come up after reading the message, but she was happy for them. Joohyun came to support her and that's what mattered, the curiosity of what happened didn’t stopped from running on her mind but still, she decided to not overthink much about it. 

 

"So as a celebration for all of us becoming a new team, we would like to invite you to a small gathering today, let's call it a party to celebrate and know us better, what do you all say?" Yeri said and the people at the place jumping in excitement. They all agreed. Seulgi was still spacing out in her own bubble. 

 

"Seulgi?" Yeri called her and that brought Seulgi back to her senses. "Yes?" 

 

"Oh... Em yes!! Sorry I was-" 

 

Yeri just laughed. "No problem!!! Hope to see you there." 

 

They continue talking as the sun started to set, but eventually one by one started to leave the room. All had to get ready for the party that was about to happen that night. 



 

xxx



 

"Wendy are you sure you cant come tonight? I'm gonna feel very out of place" 

 

"No I can't Seul, it's date night with Joy." 

 

"Ahh, you are right sorry!! I totally forgot about that" 

 

"No problem haha but next time I promise I will go- we will go!!! Just relax and enjoy your night!! Who knows maybe you meet someone!" 

 

"I doubt so... But thanks!! I will try to enjoy just like you but maybe I don't enJOY much as you will-" 

 

"Yah!!! Okay, I have to go, but have fun!" 

 

"I will! Bye wan." 

 

The call ended and Seulgi was outside the building where the "gathering" was taking place. It was a 12 floors building and from the bottom, you could hear and see the excitement from the rooftop. It honestly didn't sound so much like a small gathering but she was already there so. Nervousness and curiosity started to gather, but Seulgi knew she deserved to enjoy the night and get to know more people, she was on her healing herself agenda. More like trying to move on from the Joohyun agenda and she had to do her best, yes that was best for her.


Let's move on.

 

She entered the place.

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

revelux

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Hello! hehe so... I'm back. I know this update took so long but well the world is a weird place right now, but I still want to finish this story. I will try to update as fast as I can now, I won't leave this story unfinished don't worry there is still a long way to go, I'm sorry. On the other hand, the girls are back TT the wait was long but we did it, looking forward to what they do next :') everyone take care and happy new year <3 leave me comments if you like this story those are always very appreciated. Until the next time!