Chapter #2

Crush On You

 

 

 

Yah Seulgi 

 

 

Seulgi wake up

 

 

Yah Kang Seulgi 

 

 

Seulgi the alarm


 

 

Seulgi woke up. Between her alarm and Joohyun's constant insist by pull and push onto her left arm. She turned off the alarm and got up. 

 

"Ah… Sorry." 

 

"You dummy! I'm gonna shower first then." 

Joohyun stood up, hold her hair in a ponytail, and grabbed her own pillow. 

 

"Yah!" Seulgi replied back. 

 

"Thanks for Mr. Winnie…" Joohyun said giving a stare at the teddy bear "and for giving me company last night." 

 

"No problem! That's what friends are for."

Yes, friends. Right, friends. Seulgi thought herself. 

 

"Go shower then because we have to go."

 

"Oh yes, that's right." Joohyun got in mind and without taking much more time she went to shower. 

 

Their apartment had only 1 bathroom and it was at the end of the hallway exactly between both rooms. But for them, it was okay since only two people lived there. 

 

Seulgi saw the girl go and then walked to see her closet and decided what she was gonna wear for her first day of University life. 

 

"Mmm beret or no beret?" 

 

Joohyun loves berets right? She thought herself. 


 

 

 

xxx

 

 


 

"Please tell me we are not going late." 

 

"No, I told you 3 times." 

 

"I should have just grabbed a banana." 

 

"But you wanted to have breakfast." 

 

"Okay stop it, I think we are actually mmm…," Seulgi muttered taking a look at the university's map she had downloaded on her phone. "Here! Law department! and…" Seulgi turned around and pointed out in the other direction. "There should be Arts Department, just in front yours!" 

 

"Really? Let me see!" Joohyun shock out surprised and got closer to Seulgi, but very really close, their faces were an inch apart, cheek by cheek thanks to the older's excited proximity who was very curious and wanted to see also the map which was on Seulgi's phone. 

 

If their first day of university life made Seulgi nervous, now she was feeling double nervous, but there was nothing she could do about it those where just… yes, feelings. 

 

"Here! take! look!" Seulgi said and gave Joohyun her phone, breaking like that the proximity that started to exist between the two. 

 

"Ah.." Joohyun took a look and gave a sigh of relief. "You are right Seulgi-yah." 

 

Seulgi-yah. A simple word that made Seulgi's heart skip a beat every time Joohyun called her like that. She couldn't understand how a simple word could make her feel like that, maybe it was because of the different tone the older used, or just because it came from Joohyun. 

 

"Oh wow, I'm impressed." 

 

"Told you so hehehe." 

 

"So… do we part ways here?" Joohyun said not sounding very convinced but they had too. 

 

"Mmm do you think you can reach your classroom?" 

 

"Yah I'm not that- well maybe… but I think I can manage" 

 

Seulgi laughed. "Well in that case let's part here, but text me once you reach the classroom." 

 

"Okay, but you too, uhm?" 

 

"Sure!" Seulgi said back, putting now her cellphone back on her jeans pocket. 

 

"So, see ya!" Irene waved back and Seulgi did the same giving a last glance to the older girl. 

 

Seulgi turned around and walked towards her building, until. 

 

"Yah Kang Seulgi!" Joohyun screamed back. Making the younger stop & turn around. 

 

"You got this!!! Also pretty beret!" 

 

Seulgi was wearing. A pair of jeans, a soft white sweater, and the red beret, having her long black hair down and holding her bag behind, meanwhile Joohyun had a pretty floral dress very accomodating to the seasons and had her hair in two low loose braids. 

 

Seulgi laughed and smiled, putting her hand above her head in the beret.

 

It was these little actions that made her fall for her even more, something she shouldn't do anymore but she couldn't avoid those… yes, feelings. 

 

"You too Joohyunnie." Seulgi waved back cheering the other and with that, both continued their own paths. 

 

Art and Law school didn't expect what they were going to have next. 


 

 

 

xxx

 

 


 

After checking Joohyun's message telling her that she got in the classroom safe on time and that they should meet in the same place when classes were done to go home together. Seulgi made a small grin in satisfaction and got into her own classroom. 

 

The room was full of people she of course didn't know and most of them being girls, but that was something she honestly expected.

 

Seulgi took a look and scanned the place looking for a good spot where to sit and there she noticed an empty chair closer to the window. 

 

Oh, yes! 

 

The girl walked there, sat down, and left her bag beside her chair. She literally didn't know anyone, and as someone that does her best to play pretend, she took out her sketchbook and began to draw something while waiting for her lecturer to arrive.

 

"It looks… good."

 

Seulgi heard someone say close to her. 

 

"Ye-yeah thanks, it's just a sketch." 

 

The monolid girl was drawing flowers, flowers pots to be exact, just the same as she remembered from the picture she took the other day to Joohyun sniffing flowers. Pretty lavenders and hydrangeas but all painted with black and white thanks to the drawing pencil. 

 

"I'm Wendy, nice to meet you!" 

 

The girl said and that made Seulgi turn herself to her, the other was sat on the desk beside her. 

 

"Oh.. Hi Wendy! I'm Seulgi. Kang Seulgi! Nice to meet you too!" 

 

Once Seulgi looked at her she was surprised because the other girl was beautiful, like so beautiful she had those types of eyes where you can feel calm once you look at her, beautiful blonde shoulder-length hair with the biggest smile. 

 

"So are you new here?... I mean I am also new here…Because I am, I mean we are freshman year students." Wendy nervous with no reason awkwardly laughed. 

 

"Hahaha yes I am new here, I just arrived around a week ago to live here so yes I am basically new here."

 

"Ohhh so then you don't know this place, it's pretty cool you know."

 

"Yep I don't… But I guess I will eventually."

 

"You will, maybe I can show you up the place later… One day, em only if you are not busy hehehe sorry If this makes you feel uncomfortable."

 

"No, don't worry, it's fine!!! I am happy to be making a friend on my first day and yes I totally would like too."

 

Seulgi and Wendy continued talking and knowing each other. Seulgi learned Wendy was not from here either but had been living here over a year now, thanks to her roommate who started to study one year ago and she took the chance to come to the city and grab a work until it was time to take the entrance exam again that she failed last year. 

 

For Seulgi, Wendy looked very cheerful, nice, and kind and she thought herself that as soon as she met she clicked with her, their thoughts and likings, were similar and Seulgi was thankful that she found her. 

 

"Okay freshman year art students please sit down, class is going to start!" 

 

"pss pss hey! let's talk later." Wendy whispered to Seulgi. 

 

"Yes, what's your next class." 

 

"Photography!" 

 

"Photography!" 


 

Both said at the same time and laughed. 

 

Seulgi felt they could become the best friends ever. 

 

And maybe that's something Seulgi needed. 

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

".... and please remember, only law can bring justice, see you, next class, and welcome students." 

 

Is the last, Joohyun's new teacher says. Her last class for the day ends. She has become officially a law student now. 

 

Wow. It hits her. It finally does. 

 

She gets overwhelmed in her thoughts and feels her phone vibrating. Checking her phone and not finding any new messages only just a notification about the weather. Joohyun proceeds to keep it down. In truth, her phone only has messages, the ones Bogum sent her in the morning once she woke up but who truly doesn't wants to respond, and as a result, that still has left unread, there is no feeling to reply to him… yet. 

 

Not, after their last night together. 


 

They were sited down together inside a pretty restaurant, where Bogum had made previously a reservation. It was their last day together and he wanted to create a beautiful memory before they went apart in their own respective ways. The sun was setting. The smell of the food was exquisite. Joohyun couldn’t have asked for more. She felt happy for this moment but also was sad, she could tell it was feeling sappy. 

 

Regardless of that, Joohyun decided to enjoy this moment. Holding Bogum's hand. Drinking wine with the other. Having her sight fixed on the man that once promised to be her forever. 

 

"So... Tomorrow is your first day." The boy said taking a sip of his glass of wine "Our first day without the other." added. 

 

"Yes, it is… You are leaving tonight right? Joohyun followed, sad, thoughtful. 

 

" Yes... Yes…" 

 

Silence filled up the moment and the presence they were both in. It was not awkwardness. It was not emptiness. It was sadness that started to show up from their own hearts. 

 

"So I don't know how to say this but…. " the boy said clearing his throat. Trying to change the mood. "Do you think we are gonna be okay?" Dropped the question in the air. 

 

It took a few minutes for Joohyun to answer. "Yes…" She took a sip of her glass to take more time and once decided for her answer she left the glass on the table. "...I hope so, but what does it makes you think that?" 

 

"I-I- don't want you to be close to boys, or be all friendly or to be-" his side of Insecurity started to fill up what was supposed to be their moment. 

 

Joohyun interrupted fastly, "You don't trust me? Is that what are you trying to say with all these?" confused, hopeless… realizing the meaning behind his words. 

 

"Wait-wait no I was trying to-" Joohyun took her hand back, leaving the boys hand alone above the cold table. 

 

"Because that's exactly what I am getting from you right now…" Disappointment, Sadness… realizing some of her own fears she once had been thinking on her mind might be true after all. 

 

"NO JOOHYUN!" Desperated the man raised his voice. "I mean yes I do, it's just…" He was speechless. 

 

"No need to add more."She cut what was coming next to continue."I'm leaving."

 

"What? Just for that?" 

 

"Just for that…." She couldn’t believe what he was saying. "Yes, just for that! Talk to me when you trust me enough!" Joohyun stood up catching everyone's faces of the ones who were around at the other tables "and... have a good trip to your college." She grabbed her purse and without looking back she left out the place.

 

It didn't matter the awful weather that was happening outside. It didn't matter that they were not going to see each other for weeks. She felt hurt and the pouring rain was the perfect company for her feelings. The men had followed her outside getting also all drenched in water just like hers, but she didn't care. Joohyun decided to hide behind the restaurant's building. To face him was something she didn't want or needed at this moment. 

 

Once she noticed he was gone and that the missed calls, unread messages stopped to come in, she makes her way back "home" her new home. The new place that she shared with her best friend Seulgi. But because she was new, and that place was new she took the first cab that passed by and that way she went home. 

 

Once in front of her new building, she walked in, still all drenched in water. Took her key and tried to open the door, but thanks to a big thunder the key slid out of her hand. " thunders." Joohyun squat and reached for the key and there in front the light bulb that hit with its light the door of her new place. She broke down. Tears run up her face, following the sounds of the pouring rain.

 

She was sad, but not only because her Boyfriend didn't trusted her. Not because she wasn't going to see him. She was sad because of everything. She didn't knew if all of her accumulated emotions decided to break at once, some of those being there without a specific reason. But she let them out because once you realize it's better to let them go, time gets you better and that's what she needed. 


 

Whipping her mind, trying to erase bad feelings. Joohyun stands up and picks up all her things above the desk, puts them on her bag that suddenly drops to the floor thanks to her lack of concentration. 

 

"Rough first day, uh?" A lady says, who helps her pick up her thinks from the floor. 

 

"Not so rough as I could tell, but yeah. Thank you." She takes the things from the other. 

 

"No problem." The tall lady of the good fashion sense says. "I'm Sooyoung! Just… Joy it's fine, are you new here?" 

 

"Joohyun! Nice to meet you and… yes kind of new here." She ends putting her things on the bag, and both stand up. They walk together outside till they face the corridor where they continue walking by. 

 

"Pretty name! Hope we can get along, I am also new here. Not new in the city, but in the school hahaha." The girl laughs, and Joohyun thought she seemed friendly, very easy to get along with. 


 

"Oh yes, why not hahaha."


 

"Do you heard about the freshman year party?" 

 

"Uhm?" 

 

"You know, the one they make for all the new students that start their school life at the campus, it's usually separated and every faculty is in charge of their own party but Yerim, a friend of mine from art school told me that since the art building is in front ours and our student councils presidents get along well… they are going to be making a huge big party for both faculties, Art and Law school. Cool right?"

 

Joohyun remains quiet, showing the other that she wasn't aware of that type of information. 

 

"Wait you didn't know? Well… Now you do you." 

 

"Yes, I didn't."

 

"You should definitely go, all the people are gonna be there, I bet is gonna be the boom."

 

"It sounds interesting, I will think about it hehe." 

 

Their walk continued, the same as their conversation. 

 

Joohyun learned she was in another career a year ago but after studying 1 year she discovered that what she really enjoyed was law school, that's why Sooyoung was new here just like hers.

 

They had a talk one of those when you want to know all of the other's information, but without violating their personal space, nice, good but calm. Joohyun was impressed actually because she had lots in common with the other girl. 

 

Same fashion sense, same taste in movies, both loved to drink tea. It was kind of surprising that on her first day she got to meet someone so kind like her. 

 

That made her remember when she met Seulgi in front of her house, thanks to her own basketball that fell in the front yard. It was the same day Seulgi was moving in. She remembered how awkward their first meeting was. 

 

"So, you play basketball?" 

 

"Yes, why?" 

 

"You look tiny" 

 

"Maybe but not that smaller than you, catch this." She threw her the basketball. 

 

Joohyun just laughed. Still listening to Joy talk, the other was telling her a story of how she met Yerim and how they all 3 together could bond great. Joy never noticed Joohyun's mind was in another place while she was speaking, she didn't know why Seulgi appeared suddenly in her mind, maybe she was curious about how the others day went or maybe she was missing her but that was… yes, that. The girl stopped once her phone beeped. 

 

It was Seulgi. 

 

From. Seul Gi.

 

-Same place? Someone told me there is a good place to eat around our place

 

-See you there :D


 

Joohyun read the message and told Joy she needed to go, the other was cool with it because she had also to meet someone. They exchanged phone numbers and told each other to sit in the same place the next day, their classes were the same so they were going to meet often. Without saying much she left. 

 

Joohyun was going to meet Seulgi. That's what she thought herself. 

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

Sometimes life takes us by surprise. It's incredible how a bad day can become a good one, how a song you didn't like can become your most favorite thanks to a specific moment with a very specific person, or also how a very good day can become the worst thanks to a specific someone, and this last one was what exactly was gonna surprise Seulgi.


 

The girl had finished all her classes, she sent Joohyun a message and was walking now happily going down the stairs to the place where she part ways with Joohyun in the morning. She took her way there after saying goodbyes with her new friend Wendy, who told no to an invitation to meet a place around the campus, but it was okay since she was hanging out with Joohyun in the afternoon, that’s what they agreed in the morning.

 

But life sometimes likes to mess up with our plans, so in her way there Seulgi didn’t know she was gonna meet a specific someone, that she was sure didn't want to meet after her first day of University life, like the odds of that happening.

 

“Seulgi? Hey Seulgi!!!” Running like a bullet trespassing a piece of wood he came.

 

The-

 

“Hey, what’s up Seulgi!! You are the right person I was needing to meet right now. I was about to call you actually!”

 

Me? Why me? 

 

“Oh Bogum! What a surprise?” Let’s make it more believable “Really? What are you doing here? Does Joohyun knows?” Believable?

 

“Oh, hehe, about that…” The boy said scratching his back awkwardly, thinking on what his next words should be, considering what Seulgi knew and what she didn’t.


 

Timing. A simple word that most of the time matters for all situations we encounter in life, one thing leads to others, and when it happens it’s always a matter of….yes timing. Most of the things Seulgi is happy for are also a result of timing, but this is the exception, the timing was not her best ally.

 

“What are you doing here?” Joohyun said confused, not very emotionally happy to see the other besides Seulgi. 

 

Which for the monolid girl was a surprise, because she thought she was gonna jump once she saw her boy after finishing her first day of campus life, so of course this was a very unexpected reaction for her, or maybe for both of them now seeing how Bogum’s face changed the instant Joohyun replied.

 

“How what are you doing here is that babe? I’m here for you.”

 

Babe. That single word Seulgi hated or more like Bogum made her hate, so much, more and more every time he called Joohyun like that. How it was that simple that a very 4 letter word could make her feel so annoyed, but for sure she wasn't the one starting to feel that way now.

 

“You know what I mean. What are you doing here?”

 

Seulgi felt the air become denser than what it already was, so she thought that it was better to step down and make her way home alone. The couple… yes, the couple needed their time and Seulgi knew her own limits, for the others and for her.

 

“I think I will be leaving, actually I have to go to the library to.. yes! Find a book for tomorrow's class so yep, see you!” Seulgi said starting now to take her to leave in the other direction, for god knows where the library was. A library she wasn’t going because she invented the excuse herself.

 

That broke the silence, but also made Joohyun come to her senses.

 

“No, wait.” That made Seulgi stop, but still the girl wanted to leave.

 

“So you don’t know why you came here but you are still here?”

 

“I know! I know why I am here,  It’s just that well...”

 

“She can listen to whatever you are gonna say. I trust her.”

 

I trust her.

 

Trust.

 

Trust, a word that takes years to build, but that it can break in seconds. A word that at times can be a better compliment than “I love you” because you may not always trust the person you love but you can always love the person you trust.

 

A word that for Seulgi meant so much but she wasn’t sure if Joohyun really meant what she was saying.

 

“I’m sorry okay. I know I was stupid. I care for you, I trust you and I love you!”

 

Saying the last words, he runs fast to hug Joohyun and that was enough for Seulgi to take her to leave without saying any more words to them. Joohyun was now in Bogums arms, she wasn’t facing the other, her lack of presence was gonna remain unnoticed for both.

 

Leaving was better than play pretend, even if that was Seulgi’s best skill. Leaving was correct, even when she felt it wasn’t okay. She once promised Joohyun to never leave her, but this time it felt correct, for all of them. If she could stop time, Seulgi had grabbed Joohyun’s hand and run away with her once she noticed Joohyun’s face that expressed hurting and sadness, leaving the boy alone.

 

But she was powerless, that was something obvious she couldn't do in this situation. 

 

So Seulgi was the one to leave.


 

 

xxx

 

 

Entering home alone, her new home, was something she needed to get used to now. Her schedule and Joohyun’s were not so different, but in her inner self, Seulgi knew that she shouldn't be so attached to the other. 

 

Not so more as she used to during their high school times when she drew while Joohyun played basketball or how she listened to music while the other baked cookies. Those memories were precious, but it was time to let go of some strings, who were attached.

 

She dropped her bag above the couch and went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat, now that their afternoon was canceled and the place Wendy had told her before was not more an option, she made herself a sandwich.

 

Maybe I should have told yes to Wendy…

 

With the sandwich on hand she went to turn on the TV to watch something while she enjoyed her food and rest for the day.

 

But for rest, Seulgi meant her body because her mind was not resting enough as she would love too.

 

Joohyun. Joohyun. Bogum. Joohyun. Joohyun. Bogum hugging Joohyun.

 

Once she finished eating, she had enough. Why that moment was like a broken loop on her head that started since the moment she decided to leave them. If wasn’t fair, not when she was the one who cared the most.

 

Tired, she stands up and thought that the best option was now to sleep. Sleep helped her to put a rest to things that didn't want to leave her mind, it was the best card to pull when she needed a real break.

 

Turning off the TV, Seulgi went to her room. But before putting herself to sleep, she saw her photo album above her desk and saw how her Polaroid camera was still there with the photo that was printed in the morning.

 

She comes closer and took the photo on hand. It was a shot of Joohyun’s side profile, who was finishing doing her in a pair of low loose three-strand braids, wearing the pretty floral dress, looking herself in the mirror.

 

Seulgi smiled at the photo. It was indescribable how her heart fluttered by only seeing the girl's photo.

 

You trust me? “I trust you too.”

 

She opened the photo album and added another memory to it. Closing the book and putting it again on her desk, then she listened to a sound coming from her apartment door.

 

 

“Seulgi? Kang Seulgi?.”

 

 

For some reason.

 

 

Joohyun was home.

 

 

Home.

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

revelux

 

 

 

 

_____

 

 

Hello :D I'm back, I hope everyone is doing good and also enjoy the new update, what do you think so far? take care and see you next time!