The Savannah 4

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't think you should listen to her." The bird said to Yul right after Tiffany left.

"But I did saw a weird mark on her neck."

"What mark? I witnessed everything. No one was with her during the birth."

Yul heaved a sigh.

"She was writhing in pain when she asked me to send you the message."

"Why didn't you ask for help?!" Yul roared.

"I wasn't ask to. She asked me to call for you."

Yul shut his eyes in despair. Jessica could've ask for help but she didn't. She asked for him. Yul scratched the cave wall in anger. Angry towards himself. 

"You know lion, I have never witness a lion cry...and I can sense how hurt you are about the gezell. I want to help you."

"Help me? She is dead!" Yul argued.

"Do you know about the baboon? They have an old baboon who actually work with human."

Yul didn't understand.

"The baboon work with a shaman from the far away village. The shaman always visit the baboon, presenting him with food. And every time the shaman did that, the baboon will help the shaman in his quest."

"And?!" Yul was impatient.

"Maybe he can help the gezell to be alive again?"

Yul roared. He roared in anger. The bird was taken aback.

"You want me to go ask a baboon for help?!"

"If you want to try. You don't have to hurt anyone else. Maybe you can just ask for the truth from the baboon." The bird answered in panic. 

Yul growled in frustration. His heart was screaming for him to hurt Yoona but his mind said no. Not because he likes Yoona but to avoid any further mistakes. Deep in his mind, he knew Jessica won't like if he acted this way, blaming and hurting others. His angry heart calm down when he walked towards Jessica's grave. He corrected the soil a bit and stared at it. 

"Let's go."

//

Yul and the bird has been traveling for 2 days before they arrived at the baboon territory. Yul stopped when three big baboons stopped him.

"What do you want?"

"He wants to see Adom." The bird answered from Yul's mane.

"What's the business?"

"Adom should know." The bird replied.

The baboons looked at each other before giving Yul the way. Yul walked into the baboon territory cautiously as there hundreds of them there. They were even as big as Yul.

"Adom." The bird pointed to the gigantic baboon resting under a tree.

Yul walked to Adom.

"Ah, the King of savannah." Adom greeted.

Yul didn't retaliate.

"You know what you did was wrong, didn't you?"

"I'm not here for a lecture." Yul replied.

Adom smirked and chuckled. 

"You didn't bring anything as a sacrifice?" Another baboon chimed in but Adom threw a bark at the baboon. The other baboon scrammed away.

"I apologize for their bad behaviour. They are primates after all. Now, tell me wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter