THE LAKE

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyeon hopped along the lake in search of her husband, Yul but to no avail. It has been a day since he is home to their nest. Sooyeon was careful when she hopped so that no prey will detect her. It was after all a big lake. Just last week, Sooyeon caught a glance of a boa near the logs. Thankfully, Yul managed to lead her away from the vicious boa.

“You are searching for something Sooyeon?” a fish asked as he saw the female frog looking worried.

“Have you seen Yul? He didn’t come home since yesterday.”

“I thought I saw him swimming to the other side of the lake, to the small dock.”

“Why would he go there?” Sooyeon was worried if Yul is caught by human.

The dock has always been famous for human sighting and many fishes has been caught there. Frogs are no exception.

“No idea Sooyeon. I have to go now.” The fish said and Sooyeon thanked him before swimming to the dock.

Sooyeon peeked on her surroundings. She looked at the dock. There, she saw a maiden holding a frog in her hand. It was Yul! Sooyeon did not know what to do to help her husband. She swam to the dock a fast as she could. She tried climbing the dock’s pillar before she heard the maiden’s voice.

“You can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter