STOLEN

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yul was greeted by his family and friends as he arrived home. It had been 3 years since he came home as he resided in the U.S.A for his study. The bungalow was occupied as Mrs. Kwon decided to throw a small party to welcome her only son home.

Yul could see all his cousins, uncles, aunts and friends there. He could only smile and thanked them for coming. They ate and chatted until late night.

“Yul, you must be tired. Go to your room and get a rest. Don’t worry about this all.” Mrs. Kwon said to Yul as she saw Yul picking up paper cups from the floor.

“Are you sure, omma? I don’t see that woman around. Should she be here, I would ask her to clean up.” Yul looked around to the now messy home.

Yul’s younger sister who was at the dining table looked at her brother.

“Omma, you didn’t tell oppa yet?” Seohyun asked.

“Oh yes, good news Yul. I got rid of that woman.” Mrs. Kwon retaliated cheerfully.

“What do you mean?”

“A month after your grandmother passed away, I sent her back to her village. She’s no use anymore.” Mrs. Kwon chuckled as she sat down and arranged the used paper plates.

“Oh…” was all Yul said.

“I know how you feel about that woman. Your grandmother shouldn’t have forced you to marry her. It was unnecessary but now Yul, you are free. You can pursue Tiffany again. I met Tiffany the other day and told her everything. She was glad to know the truth.” Mrs. Kwon smiled at Yul.

Yul could only reply back to the smile and nodded. He then excused himself and went to his room. Entering his room, Yul looked around. In the dim, Yul walked to his bed and sat down on the floor instead with his back leaning to the bed. He looked at the big room.

Yul slipped his hand under the mattress and searched for the photo he hid there before he left for America. Yul pulled out a picture. His wedding picture. He looked at Sooyeon, his wife. A tear escaped his eyes. Yul let the tears went down his cheek as he stared at the picture.

//

“Where are you going Yul?” Mrs. Kwon asked as he saw his son got ready to go out early that morning.

“There’s something important I have to do omma. I need to see that woman. I want to get a divorce from her.”

“Oh…good idea. Do you still remember that village?”

“I do. Don’t wait for me.” Yul said as he wore his shoe.

“If she is not at her house, go to the house at the end of the village. I heard she got married to school guard or something like that.” Mrs. Kwon said as she sipped on her coffee.

Yul showed no reaction. He just nodded and left.

//

Yul stopped his car and found his in-laws house was full of people. They were the farmers, collecting their payment and dropping off their produce. Yul ran his eyes around to look for Sooyeon.

“Hyung?” Yul looked at a boy standing beside his car.

“Oh, Jungwoo. Where’s your sister?” Yul asked as he stepped out from the car.

“It’s early in the morning and you are here? Aren’t you supposed to be in America?”

“I came home yesterday.” Yul answered.

“Oh…”

“Jungwoo, your sister?” Yul asked again as the young boy spaced out.

“Oh, noona is at the kitchen. She is busy cooking for lunch. It’s your lucky day, she is making spicy chicken stew.” Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter