INSTINCT

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yul, hurry up. You gonna be late for school." Yul looked at his mother and nodded.

He closed the encyclopedia he was reading and put it in his bag.

"You're bringing that to school?" Mrs. Kwon asked as she watched Yul wore his shoe.

"Yeah. I just want to read it on my way to the zoo later." 

"Oh, that's today. I totally forgot. Here, take some extra allowance for souvenir." 

Yul smiled giddily. 

"Thanks, mom." Yul bid his mother goodbye as his bus arrived.

Mrs. Kwon waved back to his son and entered her car before she drove to work.

//

"I am totally going to look for the lion." Yoong said as Yul read the encyclopedia.

"I want to see the elephant." Yul said as he looked at the picture of the elephant in that book.

"Elephant? That's too common. Besides, they are fat and lazy. All they do is poop and sleep." Yoong said.

"You talk like a kid. How old are you again?" Yul was annoyed.

"Whoa. Sorry if you are offended. I just don't think they are cool enough to be look forward to." Yoong explained.

"For me, they are majestic. They are the gentle giants. I...I have been dreaming of elephants since ever. I really want to see one in front of me." Yul said and Yoong could only nod.

//

"Okay guys, as the juniors will be given the guide, you seniors can walk wherever you want as long as you are back here in one hour." Yea teacher said.

Yul looked at Yoong.

"So, shall we find the lion first?" Yoong asked.

"I am thinking of going straight to the elephant." Yul answered.

"Well, I'll see you at the elephant zone later." Yoong replied.

Yul agreed and watched Yoong walked away. Yul looked at the brochure in his hand. He looked around and walk to the walkway to the elephants.

//

Yul watched the elephants with a warm heart. The giants just walking here and there, mending their business. Yul can spend hours here but time flies, Yoong greeted him and sat beside him.

"You don't go to anywhere else?" Yoong asked.

Yul shook his head.

"I love it here. I will ask my mom to come here again." Yul said and Yoong nodded as he looked at the elephants as well.

"They are a very social animal and a loyal one. They always remember." Yul added.

//

"How's the zoo, son?" Mr. Kwon asked and Yul was excited to tell his story.

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon was happy to listen to their son.

"I tell you what, if you score the KSAT, we'll go to Thailand the land of elephants." Mr. Kwon announced.

Yul was ecstatic. He cheered. Mrs. Kwon could only laugh and nodded to Mr. Kwon as an approval. Rewarding Yul is a joy for them. As their only son, they cherished Yul so much.

//

Fast forward, Yul score the best high score in the school. His parents fulfill their promise. They just landed in Suvarnabhumi international airport and was waiting for their driver.

"We'll go to the sanctuary. It's the best one in Thailand. The animal roam freely." Mrs. Kwon explained.

Yul nodded. He was already giddy and exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter