Bad Habit

Eden's Apple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Yes, I am well and alive xD Seems like writer's block gets worse when there's nothing much to do (except watching series 24/7). This was fun to write! I hope you enjoy it ♥ This is unbeta-ed so there might be some mistakes which... I will probably edit in this lifetime lol.

 

 

Taehyung opened his eyes slowly, still drowsy from sleepiness, looked around- a little upset when he didn't find Jungkook beside him. He remembers doing bad deeds on the couch and since it was already night, they decided to sleep in the office. There wasn't a place for two people to sleep on it so Jungkook grabbed blankets from god knows where and laid out for them on the floor. Using cushions as pillows, Taehyung fell asleep in Jungkook's arm and for the first time he had a good sleep- that is until now.

He looked up to see the time, the sky still seemed dark from the window so it wasn't morning yet. The clock showed 3 am and Taehyung wondered where the hell Jungkook disappeared to. He pushed the blanket away, only to be hit by the cold temperature of the office, that's when he realized he was . He stood up, shivering, wrapped the blanket around his body, and went out to venture outside the office. The workers and employees weren't allowed on this floor so he didn't need to be on guard. 

 

"Jungkook?" He called out, reaching just outside the office. His voice echoed but the younger man didn't reply, Taehyung decided to explore a little more and if he was slightly scared of the dark, he tried not to think about it. 

He heard a sound as if a bottle clinked the glass or- oh, Taehyung saw the light filtering out at the end of the corridor, he never went there but he knew if he turned right, there will be a balcony- which was practically the size of his apartment in the States. He gently opened the door and saw Jungkook leaning against the railing, a bottle of wine laid on the table, uncorked and halved. He had a glass filled in his hand, and in other his mobile, he was smiling- as if exasperated yet fond. The bitter feeling that rushed in his gut startled him, he was never a possessive guy then why? He shook his head, annoyed by the unnecessary thoughts swirling in his head.

 

"You okay?" He asked instead, Jungkook didn't seem surprised, turned towards him, that smile still present and another wave hit him (why didn't his smile change when he looked at him?). Taehyung wished he could fling himself and shove some common sense that has seemed to escape.

"Yeah, Lisa called when you didn't return, and she was not happy about you ditching her on the first day itself" Taehyung groaned at his reply, how could he forget? He promised her dinner when they get home- and breaking promises with that lady is no joke. Everyone in this crazy Jeon family is dangerous- except for him- and he is not looking forward to the next predicament. Also, he felt guilty leaving her alone in the house.

"She's probably plotting revenge" Taehyung pouted, walked to the railing, stopping beside Jungkook.

"Oh she already has, she said she will make you wear the big no-no costume?"

"WHAT? Noooo" Oh yes, he is leaving, for good now. Jungkook chuckled, chugging the remaining wine and set the empty glass on the dining table.

"You're not going anywhere" He smirked, still able to read Taehyung like no one else. "C' mere," He said, but it felt more like a command. And Taehyung followed. As he reached within Jungkook's grasp, he was pulled and settled in his arm. They both looked at the scenery in front of them, light bustling, the view was as if they could see the whole city from this height of the building. The sky was clear and the city shone brighter than the stars.

"Why were you drinking?" Taehyung asked after a few minutes of silence. Jungkook didn't reply for a while and Taehyung thought he wouldn't. As Jungkook gazed at the scenery, Taehyung looked at him, wondering, and in awe, he was just a teenager, just nineteen yet he acted more mature and poised than half of the people, including himself. But his eyes were dimmed and his face was losing the touch of boyish charm- like he was carrying the burden of the world alone, like only he knew the war, only he fought and he knew the loss. 

"Sometimes, the burn of alcohol makes me feel something" He replied after a long moment, Taehyung even forgot he asked a question. The answer stunned him, making him realize what he thought when he looked at Jungkook was all true, there is a battle he is fighting alone. And he regretted leaving, for the umpteenth time, hated himself for it. But he can't lose Jungkoko again, he can't let him suffer alone.

"You know... there could be other ways to feel than the... unhealthy coping mechanism" He said, quietly, hoped he didn't overstep the bounds. 

"Well" Jungkook started, amused "I could you, the lack of that launched me in other bad stuff I suppose" Taehyung whimpered as Jungkook whispered those words into his ears, tightening his hold over him, knowing so well he has Taehyung dancing on his fingertips. But Taehyung was unaware of the fact that he was the one with all the power to control Jungkook, just one wish and Jungkook would burn the world for him.

"other bad s-stuff?" He asked, ignoring the obvious and tried to salvage of whatever leftover common sense he had. 

"Mhmm" The sound vibrated against Taehyung "Nothing much, just a little fighting here and there"

"Jungkook!" He was in shock, in his eyes, no matter how much Jungkook has grown and how better and firm body he has (a lot better than his), he is still maknae and despite Taehyung being in no position to, he will always be protective of him, always.

"I stopped when you came back. Your presence was enough to make me feel, it always has been" Taehyung was floored, couldn't believe what he heard, didn't expect Jungkook to be so honest, so open, he really didn't deserve him. 

"T-then rely on me, I won't leave you, ever again. So use me, however you want but promise me, you can only have one bad habit, me." Jungkook smiled, it was the first time in years he saw the soft smile, not the mischievous grin or y smirks or mirthless laugh- or cold smile, the real, the childish, the one that reminded him of the time when everything was so simple, where it was just him and Jungkook, just them, careless and together, innocent and playful.

"Your wish is my command" Jungkook agreed, burying his head where the neck and the shoulder meet, he dropped a kiss, just a peck at the exposed skin and they stood there, for as long as they needed.

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

“Lisa! Let me go! Stooooop!” Taehyung screamed, or tried to, attempting desperately to free himself from the clutched of his unnaturally strong sister. 

He should have made the office his abode. He was reluctant to go back home, Lisa didn't come to the company- something about meeting up some clients, so he kinda hoped she gets late- or not make it today. But when he reached home, after a... (well, he still has no clue what's going on in the office but he is trying)- yeah, something like that- day. Jungkook had more work to sort out so he didn't come with him- thank god for small blessings. 

And there she was, grinning evilly as he entered the house. It was unnerving. And since, Taehyung has been trying to get away from this nuisance in the form of a human.

 “Nu-uhh~ Come on! Don’t be annoying”

“I am being annoying? I am? Hones- Gahh! Lisa staa-”

“What is going on here?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter