Devil's arrival.

Eden's Apple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: God this took me more than an hour to edit. Can you believe I wrote this as finals were looming on my head? It was 1.8k though but I kinda improved a lil lil and adding more spice turned it into 3.3k haha. Anyways! A bit of mischief, serious talks, and much-needed love (aggression tbh) for Taetae ♥ I hope this is okay? I am trying to update as soon as i can ♥

 

 

“TAEHYUNGIEE!!” It felt as if the air was knocked out of him. Lisa pounced on Taehyung making him tumble, almost falling on his . Luckily (or not), strong familiar hands supported his clumsy-self. Taehyung blushed, floored at the tiniest interaction from the younger man.

“Missed me?” Taehyung mumbled, wiggling his brows in an attempt to distract himself from the warmth clinging at his waist. She smacked him hard. “Ow! What was that for!?”

“For being smug, you -”

“Bad lang-”

“Shut up” She glared then lifted her head, lips curling into a teasing and saccharine smile “Hey Kookie~” She fluttered her eyes, chin tucked on Taehyung's shoulder. Jungkook removed his hands from where it was settled and turned away from her line of sight, blatantly ignoring her. Knowing Lisa, she won't let Jungkook get away with ignoring her. She loved to annoy him, to make him react, and angry. So she followed Jungkook, grabbing Taehyung with one hand- making him follow her and poked Jungkook deliberately.

“Yah!” He swatted her hand away. Taehyung watched them silently, Lisa playing around with Jungkook, being so at ease with him. He was jealous… honestly. Whatever Lisa does, he never gets cold to her. He doesn't mean to complain, he has accepted to go through his punishment without whining but god it is hard. After all this time, he still needs Jungkook's recognition, still needed his comfort.

“Bastard!” she chirped.

“For your information, mum and dad were married before-”

“A devil was brought into this world” Jaebum cut in, appearing in the hallways. Taehyung chuckled lightly as Jungkook rolled his eyes but smirked.

“No words were ever spoken so truer” Lisa piped in. She strived to annoy and irritate Jungkook. It was like a source of energy for her. And same goes for Jungkook.

“Okay if you kids are done playing around we might need to get back to work,” Jaebum said sternly, concern was etched on his face but Taehyung didn’t know what was the cause. “Lisa and Taehyung, you both can take a break. But not for more than half an hour, yeah?” They nodded happily.

“And me?” Jungkook asked.

“You will come with me. I have some work for you” he said in a monotone voice. Taehyung knew something was going on. Something bad is going to happen. But he couldn't put his finger on it.

“There might be some serious…”

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa rushed towards their canteen. One thing they shared was their love for food and many other things of course. She was very excited for reasons he couldn’t fathom. Just kidding, he could. And he was excited too but he just got better at pretending.

“Soooo?” She stared at him expectantly. Taehyung raised his brow in question, didn't understand what she was asking.

“What?”

They were at the corner of the eating area, it wasn't crowded there so it was a good spot for privacy. They ordered a cheeseburger and pizza, beer- not at all for him, he doesn't drink in work hours but for the lady, orange juice for him, thank you very much. Since they prefer eating sweets after spice, few chocolate pastries were a must! They wanted to order more but knew time wasn't enough. 

“What happened between you two? By the way, I haven’t forgiven you for betraying me, coming two days before me!” Taehyung wanted to protest but she cut him off “That aside, is everything okay? Not that I expect it to be” he glared at her, but she just ignored him “What were you both doing in his office? Huh? Did something happen? Don’t tell me he hurt you? Oh my god I should have come sooner, right? I knew it was a bad idea to-damn it- hyung are you ok-”

“Take a breath will you? God, calm down. I am not going anywhere.” He laughed as she looked at him, certainly not amused. “And well. Things aren’t good, like at all. But I am trying as much I can. I think it was a bad idea for me to come back” he sighed. And he was lying. He missed Jungkook so much, it was hard to leave, to stay in the States, despite the cold war- he still preferred to be here, beside Jungkook. Why was he so contradicting!?

“Hyung. D-don’t say that” He was startled at her tone. Taehyung smiled a bit as he recalled how she refused to call him oppa. She used to run around the house and streets dressed up as a boy, and many were used to be so surprised when they came to know she was a girl. He didn't really mind the title. It reminded him of some fond memories “You don’t know how much we all missed you.” He could see she was struggling to keep her emotions in check. He sighed again, feeling like a douchebag.

“I am sorry. B-but Lisa… I had to.”

“Why?” His heart broke a little at her wrenching voice. He felt bad, how could anyone bear seeing their sister tear up?- and because of him, that is. He was distraught, how many hearts has he hurt? He bit his lips, trying to control his storming thoughts. "You never answered me"

“I c-can’t tell- ju-i-”

“Jungkook? Because of Jungkook?” Taehyung stared at her in shock.

“H-how? What?”

“For god's sake. I lived with you both idiots all my life. Do you think I wouldn’t notice? I wouldn’t realize? I am not mom or dad. I didn’t live far from you. I spent most of my life stuck between you two. How did you think I wouldn’t know?” Taehyung was speechless, he didn’t know what to say, couldn't try even, saying something coherent.

“B-but- I thought I hid it well” He murmured softly. An understanding settled in her eyes as she softened, smiling gently as if she wasn't confronting a horrendous event, Taehyung thought.

“You did. If I hadn’t cared for you that much, I wouldn’t have known. I always knew something was there, something unusual. I wanted to talk about it. But you left before I could gather the courage to ask. From that day I observed both of you. I came to a conclusion. But I was- I still am unsure”

“W-what- god you are scaring me” He huffed. The rush of emotions made his head ache, nervousness was clouding his mind and his legs wouldn't stop shaking. Just the thought of anyone knowing his dirty secret scared him.

“Its- it's okay” Taehyung looked up at her concerning eyes. “I know I am supposed to stop you, I know this isn't normal... but I tried hating you, hating this, I couldn't, hyung” She smiled. Genuine.

“L-lisa..” He gulped “Is it- i-is it r-really okay? D-do y-uh..”

“Pabo, I love you too much to hate you like this. Hate you for loving someone- I know it's not... normal but I can never hate you”

“Really?” He laughed bitterly, surprising himself with such depreciation “Are you ing serious? Don’t with me, Lisa. You and I both know what the truth is” Lisa stared at him with disbelief in her eyes. He has never raised his voice, never, even when he lived with them and when he lived in the States. He hated hurting people. But with everything feeling raw at the moment, all the control loosened. Then she shook her head as if trying to get something out.

“It's okay” He sneered unconsciously “It’s okay” she repeated.

“Huh?” She shook her head again. Taehyung was curious and a little startled but before he could get anything out, their food arrived. They forgot everything as the smell of cheese and chocolate hit their hungry stomach. His face changed from bitter to child-like. Lisa only smiled at him fondly. And just like that, the painful tension vanished. Well, not completely, but Taehyung didn't wish to linger when nothing good could come out of. This topic wasn't something one could forget so easily. But seeing Lisa had been thinking about it, getting used to the idea, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter