Chapter 7

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 7

 

Ga Eul

“He’s trying to woo her, you know?” So Yi Jung’s words had come totally out of the blue and did connect to nothing I was thinking, or doing at this moment.

Instead of asking him, what he meant, I only send him a questioning look over the piles of books on the table between us.

Apparently he interpreted my look just right: “Jun Pyo, he’s trying to woo Geum Jan Di.”

Oh that! That was nothing new. Since that incident with the Red Card two weeks ago, everyone, except for Jan Di, had noticed the change in Gu Jun Pyo.

“Are you here to get some work done, or to gossip?” I was irritated, simple as that. If he wasn’t flirting with the passing girls, he was doing anything else than work and our assignment was due to next week!

“The only thing I was trying to say is that, you should look out for your friend. She might get hurt by Jun Pyo.” he replied calmly.

“She might get hurt? Are you implying that my friend is not good enough for someone like you and your friends?” I swallowed an indignant gasp: “That Gu Jun Pyo can’t possibly be serious about Jan Di?” I paused and took a deep breath: “Well, then let me tell you something. Jan Di is not the least bit interested in that curly-haired friend of yours!”

 

Author

So Yi Jung didn’t understand the world anymore.

He had only wanted to warn Ga Eul, but why the girl had started ing all of a sudden was out of his grasp.

Ga Eul was still sneering at Yi Jung when a boy came running to their table in the library.

“Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni,” he gasped: “Something- “ gasp: “big-” gasp: “happening-“ gasp: “love letter!”

And he was gone, just as fast as he had arrived but this time with Ga Eul and Yi Jung following him outside of the library.

The scene that was playing out in the school entrance hall would be remembered as a legend in the student history of the Shinwa High School.

Once Ga Eul and Yi Jung broke through the mass of students, they were immediately joined by Woo Bin, Hee Young, Jan Di and Jun Pyo.

Oh Ha Ni and Baek Seung Jo were standing, seemingly oblivious to the many people surrounding them.

Baek Seung Jo was furious. How could he have been so wrong about that girl? Just two days ago, he had thought of her as a decent and quite intelligent person but after receiving a love letter from her yesterday, he had felt terribly idiotic.

He handed the pink envelope to her and she took it with hesitation…and confusion. She had no idea what the hell was going on, that was until she took out the letter from the envelope.

It was full of spelling mistakes, which had been marked, and was graded with a D-, all done by Seung Jo. What fazed Ha Ni though was the writer’s name at the end of the letter. It was signed with her name, Oh Ha Ni.

“How can you be a senior in high school when you don’t even know how to write down some simple sentences?” Seung Jo was voice was monotone once again, not the nice and amused tone, in which he had spoken just two days ago.

The way he was looking at her, made her feel like a big disappointment.

She loathed that feeling!

“I hate stupid girls!” his words cut through her like a sharp knife. As if someone had insulted her in the most horrible way, which was true to some extent.

‘Stupid’ was not a word she liked. No, on the contrary, really. She couldn’t stand it. No one had the right to call her that! No one!

Meanwhile Ha Ni’s three friends were speechless. Baek Seung Jo had called their best friend stupid! How could he have done that, when Ha Ni was anything but?

“Don’t you have anything to say?” Seung Jo spoke again.

Ha Ni snapped her head up and looked at him. Her eyes had a very dangerous glint in them.

“You want me to say something?” she asked calmly.

After a moment’s silence and no answer from the usually stoic guy, she took a deep breath and did something almost nobody would have thought her capable of.

She slapped him, hard, across his face: “Now I’ll talk and you’ll listen! If you say even one more word then, this chair, this table, that bin,” she pointed at some objects in their surrounding area: “I’ll throw it all at you, so you won’t recognize your own face anymore!”

She huffed in irritation: “First of all, I did not write this letter!” she the offending piece of paper at him: “Secondly, even if I had written it, it shouldn’t have mattered. Maybe you should responder some of your thoughts because, in my opinion, the IQ of a person should not be considered important for a relationship!”

That being said, she pulled her bag from her shoulder and started rummaging through it. Once she found what she had been looking for, she pulled it out and held it in front of Seung Jo: “That’s my part of our assignment.”

He took it from her, still in awe and surprise.

“Now, if you would please excuse me. I have someplace I need to be at this moment.” with that she her heel, head held high and walked first through the parting students and then through the doors of the entrance hall.

Jan Di, Ga Eul and Hee Young walked up to Seung Jo and Hee Young grabbed the letter that had fallen on the ground. After examining it, she handed it over Ga Eul, who did the same and handed it Jan Di.

All three girls exchanged some knowing looks after reading the love letter and turned to stare at Seung Jo. They regarded him with a mix of disbelief, fury and pity. How was it possible for a genius, with the IQ of 200, to be so absolutely dense? They were sure that, whatever little liking Ha Ni had taken to Seung Jo, was gone by now. The fact that she had raised a hand against him was more than enough of a proof. She was always so calm and collected; sometimes even her best friends forgot how angry she could get, especially if someone called her stupid.

Jan Di was the first one to leave the building after Ha Ni.

Hee Young was quick to follow.

Ga Eul was the only one to linger behind.

“You shouldn’t have said that.” she told Seung Jo, while facing the exit: “You shouldn’t have called her stupid.” she paused: “Ha Ni has worked too hard to be called that blasted word.”

And just like her friends, she was gone as well.

Left behind were hundreds of gaping students, three speechless F4 members and one stunned Baek Seung Jo…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Yay! I updated faster this time! Goodness, some of you were really riled up because of the love letter, weren't you?

Did you really think Ha Ni would have written the letter with her character in my story?  No...

But the love letter was an important aspect of the HYUNMIN relationship, so it had to be mentioned somehow.

Well, what did you guys think of this chapter? I'm really anticipating your responses. I wanted to write this scene for such a long time and I'm so happy to have written it now :D

By the way, the SoEul interaction has started as well! Finally, the base for the main plot is set. Now the real story can officially begin!!!

Thank you guys so much for all your lovely comments this time! Oh and I forgot to mention it in my last author's note, I've reached over a 100 subscribers for thisstory already and it truly amazes me, how that could have happened so fast! 

Keep commenting and subscribing please!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

Kamsahamnida for all your support!

p.s. I love all of my readers <3