Chapter 14

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 14

 

Author

The Sunday seemed to pass by in a flash.

Ha Ni had talked to Ga Eul and Hee Young about the matter of getting Jan Di and Jun Pyo together. They were reluctant at first, especially Ga Eul, she had always been very protective about Jan Di, but eventually both agreed to help out and promised to keep that a secret from Jan Di of course.

Jan Di was still not talking to them but she had overheard the news about Hee Young and Woo Bin.

Monday morning had the girls dropping Sang Hee off at the daycare center first and then making their way to Shinwa High School.

Despite their differences with each other at that point, they marched onto the school ground together, as a unity. Most part of the students still hadn’t accepted them or rather F4’s fan-girls still hadn’t accepted them.

Once they reached the private floor, the girls wondered why the F4 were standing outside of the classroom.

Woo Bin was the first one to notice them.

He walked up to the girls, with that ever-present, charming smile on his face.

“Ladies!” he greeted them and then he looked at Hee Young. His smile changed, once his eyes made contact with hers, it became gentle, if not completely tender.

Even Jan Di couldn’t help but notice the change in his attitude.

Woo Bin held out his right hand to Hee Young. The latter looked at it, skeptically at first but then her lips curved upwards, as she put her own in it, letting his engulf it.

Neither Jun Pyo nor Seung Jo and Yi Jung knew what was happening, so they could only watch, with eyes wide open, Woo Bin and Hee Young entered their classroom, hand in hand.

Jan Di took the shortest time to get out of her trance and entered the classroom as well, followed closely by Jun Pyo and then the rest of the small group.

Madam Hwang came in just after them and lesson began, before the rest of F4 had any chance to ask Woo Bin what was happening.

 

Yi Jung

I inched closer to Ga Eul, who was scribbling furiously in her notebook. Why did she keep doing that all the time anyways?

“Hey!” I whispered.

She didn’t respond.

“Hey!” this whisper was a bit louder than the last one.

She still didn’t answer though.

Maybe she’d react to her name: “Ga Eul-yang!” I whispered.

Was she deaf or was she ignoring me on purpose?

This was like our first lesson together, all over again. Even the urge to pull her hair was back. Instead of doing that though, I reached out and covered the hand, she writing with, with my own.

She stopped moving her hand instantly and looked up at me: “What?”

“Were you trying to ignore me?” I whispered.

“Why would I do that?” she demanded.

“I don’t know.” I really didn’t: “You did it the first time we met… and a lot of times after that.”

“The situation is different now. We agreed to be friends, remember?”

“Right!” I nodded: “That was not what I wanted to ask you.”

I pointed to my other side, where Hee Young was seated, next to Woo Bin: “What’s going on?”

Ga Eul scooted a little closer to me, so I could hear her better: “They got back together on Saturday. You’ll have to ask Woo Bin for details though. I’m not sure, if I’m allowed to tell anyone or not.”

“Back together?” I repeated: “You mean they’re dating again, including the whole engagement thing?”

She shrugged: “I think so.” she paused, staying quiet for a few moments.

“You can let go of my hand now, you know? I’m not ignoring you, promise.” She finally said.

I hadn’t even noticed that I was still holding her hand but I let go of it, as soon as she told me.

“If you two have finished your conversation, then I’d like to continue my lesson.” Madam Hwang’s high pitched voice caused Ga Eul and me to slightly jump in our seats.

I smiled at the middle-aged woman: “Of course Madam Hwang. We wouldn’t dare to disturb you.”

She sighed, shaking her head and turned back to the blackboard, which had equations written all over it…

 

Seung Jo

It looked like Woo Bin had finally gotten his girlfriend/fiancée back.

Maybe now he would stop hanging out with those wannabe Barbies. The way he had been behaving around Hee Young in the past few months was enough for me to know that, he was in for the long haul.

School was… different today.

I didn’t know how but somehow the whole student-body of Shinwa High School knew about the new relationship between “the F4’s Don Quan” and “one of the new girls”, by lunchtime.

Then again, Woo Bin and Hee Young weren’t exactly trying to hide their relationship and neither were they trying to flaunt it.

Lunchtime itself was quite awkward.

The rumors were practically flying around in the lunch hall. Everyone kept looking at us, not that they usually didn’t… I was used to the attention, all of us were but that didn’t necessarily mean that I wanted it though.

The four girls had avoided the hall all together. They were always trying to stay out of the spotlight. It was easy to notice, once you got to know a bit about them.

Today, even I felt like leaving the hall, so I did and sure enough, Jun Pyo, Yi Jung and Woo Bin followed, though Jun Pyo did complain at some point.

Jun Pyo had been, was and would always be an attention-seeking freak. That guy was definitely not about to change that trait of his very soon.

We walked towards the backyard of the school. Luckily there weren’t many people outside today. Maybe we’d have a quiet day, for a change.

 

Author

“Seung Jo-ah!” a petite woman, all but shouted happily, when she saw the F4.

Seung Jo didn’t even have to look at her to know who she was. He sighed in exasperation, while his friends’ faces lit up.

The woman came practically bouncing over to the four boys and hugged them one after the other.

Seung Jo stepped back before she could grab him: “Omma, what are you doing here?”

The woman, Hwang Geum Hee, narrowed her eyes, looking sternly at the genius in front of her: “Do I need a reason to visit my son at school? I missed you, so I came.”

Seung Jo blinked in confusion: “How can you miss me, when we see each other every day at home? There’s no logic in your words, so yes, you have got to have a reason for coming here.”

“Aigoo! Always talking about logic this and logic that…” her beautiful face scrunched up: “Sometimes I wonder, if I actually gave birth to you.”

“Believe me, you’re not the only one.” Seung Jo mumbled.

“Anyways,” she turned to the other three boys in front of her and pulled out a box from inside her big bag: “I baked your favorite cookies. I thought you might like it, if I brought some over to you.”

The three boys looked at the box, then at each other and then at their friend’s mother, literally beaming at her.

“Saranghaeyo, Geum Hee ahjumma!” they exclaimed in unison.

Geum Hee watched her son’s best friends, as they devoured the cookies, one after the other. Seung Jo, meanwhile, had taken a seat on a nearby bench and was rubbing his temples. He knew his friends, he knew his mother and he knew what was about to happen.

“So,” Geum Hee began: “I heard this really interesting rumor a few weeks ago. I asked Seung Jo about it, but you know how he is. He wouldn’t tell me a thing about it.”

Jun Pyo swallowed the last chunks of his current cookie and grinned at the middle-aged woman: “Go ahead ahjumma. You can ask whatever you want to know. We’ll answer all of your questions.”

Yi Jung and Woo Bin nodded their heads, declaring their agreement.

“Is it true?” Geum Hee’s eyes were shining with excitement: “The rumor about a girl slapping Seung Jo; is it true?”

Seung Jo put his face in his palms, hiding his from embarrassment contorted face. He had known that she would ask exactly that question.

Yi Jung choked on his cookie, trying his hardest not to laugh out loud: “That’s not a rumor, ahjumma. Every student in this school saw it happening with their own eyes.”

The excitement in Geum Hee’s eyes was bordering on fascination by now: “Really? Where is that girl? I want to meet her!”

“She’s right there.” Woo Bin spoke this time, pointing in the direction of the school gardens, where four girls were coming from.

“Which one of them is it?” Geum Hee urged.

“The one on the left side,” Woo Bin explained: “Her name is Oh Ha Ni.”

Seung Jo shot up from his seat, but before he could stop her, his mother was on her way already.

He glared at his three friends: “You’ll pay for this.” and then he followed after his mother. Jun Pyo, Woo Bin and Yi Jung were right next to him. Neither of them had any intention to miss the drama, which was sure to ensue in a few moments…

End of Chapter

 

The next chapter will have the real author's note. Please read the next chapter, SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!!!