Chapter 18

The Perfect Match

The Perfect Match Chapter 18

 

Woo Bin

“Listen Woo Bin,” Hee Young’s voice could be heard over the phone receiver: “I can only see you today, if I can bring Sang Hee out with me.”

“Can’t she stay at home?” so maybe I was being selfish, by wanting to spend some time with my girlfriend without a toddler around, but other than Hee Young, three grown-ups lived in that house. Couldn’t they take care of Sang Hee for tonight?

The girl on the other side of the line sighed: “Woo Bin, I wouldn’t be saying this, if there was any other possibility.” she paused: “Jan Di is going on her date with Jun Pyo today, Ha Ni’s working and Ga Eul has been babysitting for the past three days in a row. She needs a break and I really miss spending some quality time with Sang Hee. She’s an angel, Bin-ah, you’re gonna love her too if you spent some time with her, really.”

I closed my eyes and released a shallow breath. It was not as if I was totally heartless. I had seen the kid once; she was cute and she hadn’t cried in the time period I had seen her: “Okay, bring her over to the F4 Lounge, nobody’s here anyways. You know about Jun Pyo’s plans and as far as I know, Yi Jung and Seung Jo are busy too.”

I could practically see her smug smile, as if she was standing in front of me: “Alright, I’ll be there as soon as I can.” then she hung up.

How hard could it possibly be, spending some quality time with my girlfriend… and her little cousin?

 

Author

“Where’s Sang Hee?” Jan Di’s words came out muffled, as she pulled a long-sleeved, emerald-colored sweater on.

Ga Eul stood next to her friend, tugging at the hem of Jan Di’s sweater: “Hee Young took her with her to see Woo Bin.”

Jan Di arched her eyebrows: “Really?”

Ga Eul's only response was a shrug and then her face broke into a smile: “You look great.”

Jan Di’s nose scrunched up: “Yeah, about that… Can’t I just wear my own clothes? Do I really have to wear yours?”

Ga Eul chuckled: “Yes you do. Cut the guy some slack Jan Di-ah. He asked you out, rather dramatically, but he still did and he really likes you. The least you can do is, try to look nice for your first date with him.”

 

Jan Di

I crossed my arms over my chest.

It had been Ga Eul’s emotional blackmailing, which had gotten me into this situation in the first place and now she was doing it again.

Since when had she sprung off from my side and jumped onto Jun Pyo’s, or rather the F4’s?

Right, since Yi Jung had helped her out in getting rid of that Soo Pyo bastard, that’s when it had happened.

The fact that all three of my best friends could so easily forgive and forget what the F4 and especially Jun Pyo had done, I just couldn’t understand it.

Lately, all I had been wondering about was, if the F4 really weren’t as bad as I had thought.

All of this was so confusing.

The most confusing thing was still curly-fries’ behavior though.

Why was he suddenly so adamant on going out with me?

Ga Eul had just said that he really liked me but that couldn’t possibly be true.

I had never given Gu Jun Pyo any reason to like me. On the contrary actually, he had more than enough reasons to loath me by now.

So, why was he still pursuing me?

I didn’t get it, at all.

“Hurry up, Jan Di!” Ga Eul’s words shook me out of my train of thoughts: “Jun Pyo’s going to be here any minute.”

I gave myself one last once-over in the mirror and, to my utter horror, realized that my cheeks were red.

I was blushing at thought of curly-fries liking me!

 

Author

The date, in Jun Pyo’s opinion, was going rather well until now.

Jan Di had explicitly told him she wouldn’t go to a fancy restaurant, where she ‘had to dress up like she was a damn celebrity’.

So, he hadn’t taken her to such a place. Instead, he’d taken her to a small Italian restaurant that his family owned. It was a completely different thing that he had ordered the staff to close it down, so Jan Di and him were the only guests.

“How come we’re the only people in this restaurant?” Jan Di’s eyes were wandering around the empty room, while she asked this question.

Jun Pyo on the other hand was looking at her: “I wanted some privacy.”

 

Jan Di

My eyes shot immediately over to where Jun Pyo was sitting across from me.

He had wanted privacy?

“I always thought you liked the attention.” I told him.

He contemplated his answer for a while: “I do. Sometimes, a little privacy is better though.”

I nodded in agreement: “I have one more question.”

He arched his eyebrows: “And what is that?”

I tried to choose my next words carefully: “Why are you doing all this? Being nice to everyone around you? Being nice to me?” then I added: “I mean, I’m not complaining or anything, but it just seems weird, not fighting with you on a regular basis…”

Jun Pyo was grinning at me by now: “Are you asking me, because you really don’t know, or are you just acting dumb?”

“Yah!” had he just called me dumb? I was about to tell him a piece of my mind.

His intense look stopped me at once: “From now on, you’re going to be my girlfriend. I won’t cheat on you, so you’re not allowed to cheat on me either. And the most important thing, you can’t kick me in my face anymore. If you keep doing that my handsome face will be ruined one day.”

 

Jun Pyo

She was gaping at me, hanging open.

Had I said something wrong?

I didn’t think I had…

“What did you say just now?” I had to strain my ears to hear her words.

“You can’t kick me in my face anymore?” this request wasn’t that hard to follow.

“No.” she shook her head: “Before that.”

I thought about it: “We’re not allowed to cheat.”

“No!” she waved her hands in the air: “Before that!”

Oh, that’s what she meant: “You’re my girlfriend.”

“That!” she pointed her pointer finger at me: “You can’t just decide things like this on your own. You need to ask me, if I even want to be your girlfriend.”

I shrugged my shoulders: “Well, do you?”

She looked confused at me: “Do I what?”

Had she lost all of her brain cells: “Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

 

Woo Bin

“She’s sleeping now.” Hee Young told me, as she came out of my room and into the lounge, where I was seated.

“I didn’t know you were so good with kids until I saw you handling Sang Hee today.” It was the truth. I had never really seen her with kids before.

She slumped down next to me: “I don’t know if I’m good with children or not. I guess, I just got used to having Sang Hee around.” then she gave me a weak smile: “You know, I’m younger than all of my siblings and there were never kids around to get used to them in the first place. So, when Ga Eul, Ha NI, Jan Di and I moved in together, we first had to get used to being around one another and then, when Sang Hee joined us a year later, we all had to cope with having a baby around the house.”

I took her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers: “Was it difficult?”

Hee Young sighed, nodding: “It was, a bit, but I told you, right? Sang Hee is an angel. She hardly gives us any problems to deal with.”

“So, what is it like, living with all of them?” I usually wasn’t the type to question so much, but their situation really had me intrigued.

She grinned at me, as she climbed onto my lap, straddling me: “It’s like something you can’t even begin to imagine, if you haven’t lived with your best friends, under the same roof.” she planted a kiss on my cheek: “We laugh, we cry, we have fights, we get worried for each other. We’re basically living like married couples do.”

I opened my mouth to ask her something else, but she interrupted: “Now stop the cross-questioning and kiss me already.”

Now, I had absolutely no problem with that demand…

End of Chapter

 

Hey Guys!

Goodness, I know this is not enough after the months of torturing wait I have put you through and honestly, I wasn't planning on updating either...

You see, I had this chapter written about two and a half months ago already, but I wanted to update "Losing ToYou" before updating this. But recently there have been quite a lot of comments practically begging me to update and I don't really have it in me to ignore those anymore...

So, here's your chapter, but please do not expect me to update this anymore, before I finish "Losing To You"...

Just so you know, I'm not giving up. This story will continue, just after I finish "Losing To You", because the latter is a rather short story compared to this one. So please, do not give up on this story and keep believing in me!!!

Please, do comment as well. I'm really missing long comments from readers that tell me how they find the chapter, the story, or if they have any questions...

One thing I noticed, I gained a lo of subscribers, even though I haven't been updating. Welcome to all my new readers, enjoy the story and please be patient with me.

Thank you also to all of my older subscribers that haven't given up on me yet and a very BIG thank you those who actually take the time and leave comments!

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

p.p.s. I love you all <3

p.p.p.s. To those, who read "Losing To You" please check it out as well, there is an interesting development in the story, a rather big one...