Chapter 13

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 13

 

Author

It was five o’clock in the morning, when Hee Young and Woo Bin made their way to Woo Bin’s bright yellow car.

Both of them were quite stunned from the events and revelations of the last few hours. They didn’t know what, to tell their friends and families about their relationship, because they themselves didn’t know what their current relationship was. Sure, Woo Bin had confessed and they had made out for a while but even if Hee Young had admitted it to herself, she hadn’t told Woo Bin about her feelings. She wasn’t really sure how to tell him anything right now.

They were driving in silence, that seemed to be the norm for them and it was uncomfortable, as hell, since they were tired and at a loss of words, to say to each other.

To avoid further embarrassment, Hee Young pulled out her phone. Though she had thought of it as a distraction but as soon as the screen lit up, she cursed under her breath: “!”

“What was that?” Woo Bin asked.

“37 missed calls. The girls are going to kill me!” she replied in a horrified voice.

“No they won’t Hee Young.” Woo Bin reassured her calmly: “I can go in with you and explain what happened, if you want to.”

Hee Young shook her head: “Don’t take it personally but no one except for, maybe, Ha Ni would welcome you into our home.”

The car came to a halt in front of the girls’ house and Woo Bin turned the engine off: “I know that… What about you though?”

The girl froze in her seat: “What about me?”

Woo Bin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking outside through the windshield: “Would you welcome me in, if I were to show up here, unannounced?”

Hee Young looked up from her mobile and stared out onto the deserted street, staying quiet for a few seconds: “I… I guess I would.”

“So…” Woo Bin began.

“So?” Hee Young repeated.

“Does that mean that I can kiss you again?” he questioned, as he looked at her.

“Does that mean that I can slap you again?” she asked, looking him in the eyes.

He grinned at her: “Have you ever asked for my permission before doing that?”

She rolled her eyes: “And have you ever asked for my permission before kissing me?”

She had barely finished her sentence when Woo Bin joined their lips for another kiss. It was all soft and sweet, unlike their other kisses that night (or day).

Once they pulled away, Hee Young exited the car and Woo Bin drove away, with a smile on his face.

 

Hee Young

When I walked up to the front door of the house, the feeling of dread was hanging over my head like a sharp sword. Maybe I was lucky and all of them would be asleep. If that would be the case, I would have some time to prepare myself to talk to them but I highly doubted that I could be this lucky.

I was right! Of course, all three of them were still awake and waiting for me, when I opened the door and stepped into the house. They came running towards me, almost crushing me, while trying to embrace me all together and making sure I was alright.

“What happened to your head?”

“Are you alright?”

“Where were you?”

“Did you get into a fight?”

“We were worried sick about you!”

“Guys!” I held both my hands up, silencing everyone around me in the process: “Can we sit down first? I’ll explain everything.”

Once we were seated comfortably in the living room, silence overtook again. They were waiting for me to start explaining, so I did: “I was ambushed by my abeoji’s men, after I finished work.”

“Again?” Jan Di questioned with raised eyebrows: “How is it possible that he still doesn’t understand, that you don’t want to live with him?”

I shrugged: “How am I supposed to know that?”

“So what happened?” Ga Eul, as always, brought us back to the main topic at hand.

“Well, there were five or six of those men and somehow a fight broke out and I held my ground, for as long as I could and…” I hesitated. I didn’t know how the girls would react to the next thing I was about to tell them: “And just when I thought that I couldn’t defend myself anymore, Woo Bin showed up out of nowhere. He saved me.”

 

Jan Di

“That’s so strange.” Ga Eul muttered next to me.

“What is?” I wanted to know.

“Something similar happened to me today.” she had been attacked today?

My eyes narrowed slightly: “What do you mean?”

“Do you guys remember Soo Pyo?” she asked aloud.

I scoffed: “How could we ever forget that bastard?” Hee Young and Ha Ni nodded in agreement.

“I saw him yesterday. He cornered me on the street after I left the porridge shop.”

“What?” Ha Ni shot up from the couch, which was facing Ga Eul and me: “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Calm down Ha Ni.” Ga Eul said, making Ha Ni sit back down: “I wanted to tell you when all of us were there but then Hee Young didn’t show up and I totally forgot it, in all the hectic… Anyways, that was not the only thing I wanted to tell.”

What else would she want to tell us?

Ga Eul continued speaking: “The thing is, when Soo Pyo was cornering me, Yi Jung was suddenly there and he helped me to get rid of him.” she paused: “He was actually nice to me.”

“Ga Eul,” I began: “You know about his reputation, don’t you? He’s a playboy. And you!” I pointed at Hee Young: “Didn’t you hate your fiancé just a few hours ago?”

What was wrong with all of them? First Ha Ni had started being nice to those F4 or whatever they called themselves and now Ga Eul and Hee Young were looking, as if they were okay with them too.

“Jan Di-ah,” Ga Eul put a comforting hand on my shoulder: “I know, you’re always worried about us but this is not what you think. Yi Jung was genuinely trying to help me out, just for the sake of helping a friend in need, nothing else.”

My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to say something but Hee Young beat me to it: “I think Ga Eul’s right. I mean, I don’t know about Yi Jung but Woo Bin was definitely being sincere.”

“How can you two say that?” I turned to Ga Eul: “Do you realize that you just called So Yi Jung your friend?”

They all remained silent.

God, I was so angry! I blinked a few times, trying to clear my vision from all the anger: “Does none of you remember what they put me through at the beginning of the school year? Don’t you remember that stupid Red Card?” I was practically screaming.

“Jan Di, Hee Young and Ga Eul are right. Those guys really aren’t bad. They are actually really nice, if you try to get along with them. Of course we remember the Red Card but it was only Jun Pyo, who gave it to you, the other three had no say in that. They didn’t do anything and you did kick Jun Pyo, so that equals it out, right? You know that Jun Pyo’s trying very hard to get into your good books now, so why don’t we forget everything that happened and start anew?”

“Start anew?” was she kidding me?

I looked at all three of my cousins around me and stood up. Was I actually related to such naïve people?

“You have gone insane!” I breathed out: “All of you!”

And then I left the room. I really needed a few hours of good sleep!

 

Ga Eul

All of us flinched when Jan Di slammed the door to her room shut.

“That went well.” Ha Ni mumbled more to herself than anyone else, but I still heard it, as did Hee Young.

“You didn’t finish your story Hee Young. What happened after Woo Bin saved you?” Ha Ni said, louder this time.

She was right. Hee Young hadn’t told us everything yet. I looked expectantly at her.

“Well,” Hee Young cast her eyes downwards, watching her own fidgeting hands: “He took me to the F4 lounge. That thing is huge! Do you know that they all have bedrooms in there as well? And all those video games and then there was this-“

“You’re rambling.” I cut her off. She was stalling time for some unknown reason.

“Right.” she said: “So he took me to his room there and he cleaned up my wound.” she pointed at the band aid over her left eye: “He was really nice… You know that we’re engaged right?”

Ha Ni and I nodded.

“I also told you that we were together until three years ago, right?” she asked.

We nodded again.

“I never told you why we broke up though, did I?” she almost whispered.

We shook our heads this time.

Hee Young spoke again: “We broke up when our parents told us that we were engaged. Woo Bin and I fought, because neither of us wanted our parents to decide our future for us… Today I realized why we actually broke up… We didn’t want to give our fathers the satisfaction of having their wish fulfilled. It was quiet stupid.”

I let her words sink in. Everything was starting to make sense, the fact that she didn’t want to have anything to do with Woo Bin, the fact that she got jealous, whenever she saw him with another girl, everything made sense. The direction this conversation had taken was quite clear now.

“He told me that the women he hangs out with are just for show. He told me that there’s never been anything with them and never would be. He told me that he loves me…” she said quietly.

“What about you?” Ha Ni looked straight at Hee Young: “What did you answer him?”

“I didn’t.” Hee Young stated simply: “But he kissed me,” she paused, watching our raised eyebrows: “I slapped him… and then I kissed him back.”

I fought to keep the smile off of my face, it didn’t work: “That sounds just like you, first slapping him and then kissing him.”

Ha Ni was chuckling as well: “So, you’re like boyfriend-girlfriend again?”

I answered for Hee Young: “More like husband-and-wife-to-be.”

Ha Ni and I, both broke out laughing at that moment…

End of Chapter

 

Before you complain about me not updating, I'll apologize for that. Which is why I'm giving you guys a triple update today...

I hope that when and if you comment, then you'll do it separate for each chapter. Am I demanding too much?

Please read the next chapter =)