Chapter 10

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 10

 

Author

More than a week had gone by since Ha Ni had agreed to help the F4. On that day she had only done so, because she had seen something good in all of them. Even if they hadn’t said it out loud, she knew that they had only asked her for help, so their best friend and leader, Gu Jun Pyo could be happy.

Even though she had noticed all of that, she still surprised herself by being her cheerful and know-it-all self, instead of the shy and quiet person she was around people that, she didn’t know so well.

Every morning in school, she would greet them (including Jun Pyo) with a genuine smile on her face. While working with Seung Jo she would reveal the nerd that she was through and through.

Ga Eul, Jan Di and Hee Young still hadn’t understood why Ha Ni had apologized to Seung Jo, but they were too pleased by the fact that their friend was exposing her real personality so fast to others that, they couldn’t stay mad at her any longer.

To almost everyone’s amusement, Jun Pyo was still behaving like a love sick, little puppy, whenever Jan Di was around. On one hand it was adorable, on the other hand though, it was quite a pathetic sight as well. Exactly such a scene was presenting itself at the current moment. Jun Pyo was staring at Jan Di, totally unashamed of his infatuation with her. The latter was somehow still trying to ignore the stares that were boring through her for the last five minutes or so.

The six that were left of the class watched all of this with silent laughter and smiles on their faces.

That was the moment Madam Hwang chose to enter the classroom, to begin with their English Literature lesson.

“It’s nice to see you all so happy,” she remarked dryly: “But I’d like it, if you took out your books and gave me your undivided attention, so we could finally start with our lesson.”

Seven pupils, out of eight, obliged with Madam Hwang’s request (demand) and Jun Pyo simply continued staring at the person of his affection…

 

Ha Ni

“So, now that most of you have decided to pay attention,” Madam Hwang said sarcastically, shooting a pointed glare in Jun Pyo’s direction, but the love-struck Romeo just didn’t seem to notice anything outside of his happy bubble. One could say he had a total tunnel view at this very moment.

She finally gave up on him for today, sighing and averted her eyes to the rest of her students.

“I hope you have all finished reading the novel, because today we are going to spend the entire lesson, discussing it.” our teacher finally announced.

Hopefully, there was someone, except for me, in this small group, who had an interest in discussing this seriously.

Before I knew it, Madam Hwang started firing questions at us, in a rapid-fire pace, which soon led to the begin of some discussions. Boring and nothing new or fascinating but mind you, discussions all the same.

Unfortunately, none of the things that were being said motivated me enough to open my own mouth. That was until…

 

Author

Madam Hwang didn’t like this, not at all!

Her two brightest students were being awfully quiet (not that they usually weren’t).

Couldn’t they at least pretend to be interested in what was happening around them?

She had to do something about this, preferably before both of them fell asleep in her class.

Then, it hit her. Why hadn’t she thought of this earlier?

“Master Seung Jo,” she called out, getting the boy’s attention: “What are your thoughts about the scene on pages 358 to 361?”

Seung Jo didn’t seem the least bit fazed by the question and answered without having to think twice about it: “I think the author didn’t stay true to Aiden’s character here.”

The teacher’s gaze shot to Ha Ni, who was seated on Seung Jo’s right. The girl had narrowed her eyes by now. Clearly, she didn’t agree with her neighbor.

Ha Ni turned her head and faced Seung Jo: “How can you be so sure of that?”

Seung Jo slightly tilted his head to the left: “How can you not be sure of that? It’s obvious, isn’t it? Aiden’s body and mind are totally out of control here.”

Ha Ni raised her eyebrows in question: “So?”

The male genius blinked twice: “So, how can a person, who is so composed and in check of his feelings all of the time, suddenly lose control from one instant to the other?”

Madam Hwang was ecstatic by now.

Finally!

Something big was about to happen at any moment, one great argument, she knew it, she just did!

True to her anticipation, she didn’t have to wait much longer, for Ha Ni merely rolled her eyes at Seung Jo’s explanation.

“What, the hell, is wrong with you?” she exclaimed in a calm but irritated tone: “I have no idea, how anyone can even consider you a genius, if you believe in such things, as life-long control over mind and body.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Seung Jo questioned.

“What it’s supposed to mean is that, in the novel, Aiden has been in love with Sophia for more than half of his life. They only shared one night with each other, before he had to leave and now, after four years he sees her again. He has to share his room with her and then they actually kiss again for the first time after their separation. How can you say, he’s out of character, when he wants to sleep with the girl he loves and gets a bit ahead of himself, because he’s had so many pent up emotions over such a long time? And let’s please not forget the hormones! Hormones that make almost every male of almost every species think about the same thing, for the better part of their day!” Ha Ni let out a small huff after those words and went on: “No matter how strong a human being’s brain and will is, the basic instincts are always stronger, when you love a person and he or she shares those sentiments. Emotions can’t be kept in check for all of your life. They have to break out at least once, every now and then!”

Everyone around the arguing pair was silent, even the teacher (especially her, she didn’t want to miss one second of this amazing show). Ha Ni’s three friends were practically glowing with pride! The knowledgeable and confident side of her, which they knew, definitely existed, was at last out for everyone to marvel at.

Seung Jo was literally scowling at her and she took just that fact to prove her own point.

“See!” she pointed her pointer finger at his face: “You are openly showing your dislike for my reasoning with that scowl on your face… And if I’m not mistaken, which I don’t think I am, than you’re not one to lose your cool either. But look at what is happening right now! No one can help it. It’s in every human being’s nature, in mine and in yours as well.”

One sweet smile graced her lips, for good measure and then, the bell rang…

 

Seung Jo

This was the third time; the third time that girl, Oh Ha Ni, had left me speechless… and then she had actually smiled at me after doing so!

Since the day she had stepped into my life she had caused havoc, despite being quiet most of the time. I had a dreading feeling that her real personality was the recent one and not the quiet one from a few weeks ago.

Then again, they were both alright I guessed…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Awww, you are all so nice to me!!! Man, I feel terrible for ing at you in the last chapter... I'm sorry about that :D

By the way, thank you very much for commenting and subscribing and reading. I hope you do the same after reading this one :)

Sooo, how did you like this chapter? Plenty of HYUNMIN interaction there now, right? What did you think about their argument about the out of charachter thing?

Was it alright? Understandable? (I hope it was!) Please tell me!

Anyways, like I just mentioned, there has been lots of HYUNMIN and JUNDI stuff going on in past few chapters, which means it's time to look at the other couples as well, right? Therefore the next chapter will be all about the SOEUL couple (I think aLiceLee eill be happy hearing this LOL).  I was building the base for the story and then I was working on making Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni seem like they belonged in the BOF universe... Jan Di and Jun Pyo also had to be in full on action mode from the beginning or else they would have been out of character in my opinion. Tell me as well, if I succeeded in following my plan until now please!

Now that all of that is said, there were some questions, you wanted answers for, right?

1. Who is Sang Hee (the little girl)? 

A: The secret will be revealed in a few chapters' time...

 

2. What was Ha Ni's reason for apologizing to Seung Jo for the slap?

A: Well, some of you might have already guessed it, but Ha Ni is strictly against violence in this story, which is also why she only apologizes for slapping him and makes clear that she does not regret, telling him off. There's also something else. Remember, all four girls are pretty much scared of a person they call their grandma? 

 

3.What was my reason for making Ha Ni apologize to Seung Jo for slapping him?

A: It's the guilt that made me do it! I wanted Seung Jo to feel humiliated and embarrassed, ashamed of his behaviour and most of all I wanted him to feel guilty, for bein such a jerk to Ha Ni. Guilt was good and led to an even better thing! A stuttering Seung Jo trying to apologize to Ha Ni!!! (I love a suffering Seung Jo, when it's because of Ha Ni!)

 

I hope you understand my way of thinking, if not, then feel free to ask again and I'll try to find some other words to explain :D

Before I end this long author's note, I have another question for you. This is a little sneek peek for being so nice to me: in the next two to four chapters, the first kiss of the story is going to happen.

What I want to know from you is: Which couple, do you think, will be the first one to have a kiss in this story?

Your guesses in forms of comments and/or PM are welcomed with open arms :)

Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes!

Kamsahamnida for everything!!!

p.s. (you know I'll always say it) I love all of my readers <3

p.p.s. If you haven't subscribed already, then please do so! =)