Chapter 19

The Perfect Match

The Perfect Match Chapter 19

 

Ga Eul

I looked at the clock above the television in the living-room.

Half past ten in the evening already and Ha Ni and I were the only ones at home.

“Do you think they’re coming home tonight?” I asked aloud.

Ha Ni pursed her lips, shrugging: “Jan Di is coming home no matter what, that’s for sure. And Hee Young… Well, Sang Hee is with her and-, I guess she has to come back too.”

Right at that moment the front door opened and in came Hee Young followed by Woo Bin who was carrying a sleeping Sang Hee in his arms.

They passed through the living room, climbing the stairs quietly, probably to tuck Sang Hee in.

“You know?” Ha Ni spoke as the couple disappeared into Sang Hee’s room: “We’ve seen them together before, but they seem different today, don’t you think?”

I nodded, still looking in the direction of the stairs: “Yeah, I think I know what you mean. They’ve always looked good together, but today they actually fit.”

Ha Ni murmured her agreement, just loud enough for me to make out, so the couple descending the stairs wouldn’t question us on anything.

The two of them slumped down in the couch across from us.

Ha Ni grinned at me, raising her eyebrows suggestively, before turning to face them: “Had fun guys?”

Woo Bin smirked: “Of course we did. You want to know all the things we did today?”

“Shut up.” Hee Young smacked his arm, though she was smiling, then addressing us she said: “Don’t listen to what he’s saying. He’s talking nonsense.”

“Yah Park Hee Young, why are you lying? We did have fun.” Woo Bin insisted: “Actually, I don’t really know about you, but Sang Hee and I had loads of fun.”

He chuckled at his own smartness and got another smack on the arm from Hee Young.

I looked over at Ha Ni and found her smiling at the two people in front of us.

And suddenly I felt like bragging about our little family.

We were good people, right?

We wanted our friends and loved ones to be happy and if they ended up being so in the end then we were genuinely happy that they were finally happy.

Wasn’t that reason enough to brag?

The second reason barged in right then in the form of one Geum Jan Di.

My emotional blackmailing had worked just the way I had wanted it to and Jan Di had finally agreed to go on a date with Jun Pyo.

She liked him.

All of us knew her well enough to know that that was the truth.

She could deny this fact all she wanted but it was still that, a fact.

True, I had once told Yi Jung that Jan Di wasn’t the slightest bit interested in Jun Pyo, and at that time it had been my honest opinion.

The liking had started a little bit after Ha Ni’s legendary slap to Seung Jo’s face.

Somewhere between the times when Jun Pyo had been following her around like a lost little puppy and when his friends had asked for our help.

I guess she had started missing their constant fights.

“What’s up?” Woo Bin was the first one to greet Jan Di.

She looked in our direction, frowned and then proceeded to march upstairs, slamming the door to her room.

This time it was Woo Bin who frowned: “Did I piss her off or something?”

Hee Young snorted, shaking her head at him: “Don’t worry, you didn’t piss her off. Must have something to do with Jun Pyo. They went on that date today, remember?”

Woo Bin’s eyes lit up at the mention of his friend’s date: “Ah, how could I forget that? Maybe Jun Pyo did something to piss her off?”

Hee Young shrugged: “Could be, but we’ll find that out tomorrow. Right now though, it’s time for you to go.”

Woo Bin held his hand to his heart, an expression of mock-hurt plastered all across his face: “Are you throwing me out? I’m your future husband though.”

“Future husband?” Hee Young stood up, grabbing his arms and pulling him up as well: “Who said I’ll marry you anyways? Maybe I’ll find someone better and just ditch you. You know, on the wedding day, just for that little bit of extra pain it would cause you. I could do that.”

My eyes widened at her words and I heard Ha Ni’s intake of a breath, but Woo Bin didn’t seem bothered at all.

He pulled her close to his body, possibly completely forgetting where he was right now, and kissed her.

I looked over at Ha Ni and saw her discomfort at the scene playing out in front of us.

Well, at least I wasn’t the only one who felt like an intruder in her own home.

Finally, the two lovebirds had to have pulled away from each other, because I heard Woo Bin’s voice again: “You would never do that. You’re not capable of hurting anyone to this extent, much less me who you’re actually in love with.”

I turned around in time to see him grin down at a speechless Hee Young and place one last peck on her lips before exiting the house with a wave in our general direction.

“Wow!”

Ha Ni had blurted out the word with a loud exhale: “If that was my boyfriend, or fiancé, or whatever- I don’t think I’d ditch him on the wedding day.”

 

Author

“So what happened? Did Jan Di say anything?” Yi Jung whispered to Ga Eul, while Madam Hwang wrote information about a new assignment on the board.

Ga Eul shrugged: “Honestly, I have no idea. When she came home on Saturday she just disappeared into her room, without saying anything. Yesterday she didn’t even exit her room, not even to congratulate Hee Young for her birthday, and this morning she was out of the house before any of us could catch her.”

She pointed towards the F4 Leader who was unusually quiet and actually paying attention to the teacher: “What about him? Didn’t he tell you guys anything?”

Yi Jung shook his head: “Nah. Not even a word from him, which is actually something like a miracle… But this just isn’t normal and I’m kind of worried. What if they had another fight? A really big one, you know?”

Ga Eul bit her lower lip, considering Yi Jung’s words: “I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t think they had a fight. Jan Di’s a person who doesn’t hold back when she’s angry and I don’t think Jun Pyo is either. If a fight had occurred then we’d surely know by now.”

Yi Jung nodded, thinking carefully about Ga Eul’s reasoning: “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Is there something you’d like to share with us Master Yi Jung?” Madam Hwang, Yi Jung had noticed, had a tendency of catching him and Ga Eul whenever they were immersed in one of their conversations.

Yi Jung and Ga Eul both lowered their heads, Yi Jung shaking his while doing so and Ga Eul being embarrassed beyond thinking.

Madam Hwang spoke up again, her voice just dripping with sarcasm: “Well then, I suggest that you and Miss Ga Eul give us the honor of your undivided attention and actually listen to what I’m trying to teach you.”

“Sorry.” They both muttered simultaneously, causing their classmates to chuckle.

And so, the rest of the class passed by without any more secret conversations and theories.

Who would have thought that all of their questions would be answered during their lunch break?

End of Chapter

 

Author's Note:

So... I guess I'm back?

At least I think I'm back. I know most of you guys probably thought that I had given up on ever finishing this story and at some point I thought the same.

Honestly, it's been quite a rough couple of years and it's still not really rainbows and sunshine, but that's life and sometimes you just have to accept that and get your together.

That's what I'm trying to do. This is the first thing I have written in a few years and I'm pretty sure it's kind of stupid, but it's still something.

As I have said countless times before, I am not abandoning this story.

I couldn't do that even when I had wanted to and I probably won't be able to do that in the future either.

I'm just trying to find my way back into this story and writing in general.

I guess what I really want to say is: Thank You All <3

I have received countless encouraging comments and messages throughout these past few years and those are the main reason I decided to get back to what I love doing, which is writing.

I hope you can still support me in the future like you guys have always done.

I am really very thankful to every single one of you :)

Kamsahamnida!

P.S. Again: I LOVE YOU ALL <3<3<3