Chapter 15

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 15

 

Ha Ni

We weren’t even halfway through lunchtime, when we decided to leave the school gardens, to go back to the classroom and spend the rest there.

It looked like we were never going to come out of this damn spotlight, which had been following us, since we first stepped into this godforsaken school.

One of the few things that Jan Di, Hee Young Ga Eul and I had in common was that we didn’t like attention. We hated it, in fact, all of us did.

I was laughing at something that Jan Di had said (yes she was talking to us again), when I bumped into someone.

It was a woman. She looked rather young, with a pretty face, which held gentle features.

I bowed down instantly: “I’m so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention.”

The woman just smiled at me: “Are you Oh Ha Ni?”

“Yes.” she knew me?

Before I knew what was going on, she was hugging me out of the blue. I had no idea how to react and my body went rigid, on its own.

“Omma!”

The woman let go of me, looking back in the direction she had come from, only to find the F4 there.

Had Seung Jo just called her ‘omma’?

“You’re Seung Jo’s mother?” Jan Di had taken the words right out of my mouth.

The woman turned to Jan Di and smiled at her: “Yes, my name is Hwang Geum Hee. You can call me ahjumma.”

“You look more like an unnie to me, to be honest.” Jan Di blurted out.

The ahjumma giggled like a teenage girl: “Now you’re embarrassing me.”

“Aniyo, it’s true.” Hee Young insisted and she was right.

By the time the guys reached us, we had introduced ourselves properly to Seung Jo’s mother.

She was pretty much down-to-earth for such a rich and sociable woman, nothing like the snobby women Grandma always invited to her tea and/or elite parties.

Once Seung Jo was standing next to his mother, everything happened in a rush.

He all but forced his mother to leave the campus, but not before she managed to hug everyone and tell us to come by their house soon.

The next lesson began soon after that. The economics teacher was writing a few questions on the board, when I decided to speak to Seung Jo.

“Your mother seems like a really nice person.” I told him and continued copying the questions from the board into my notebook.

He didn’t respond for some time and I had given up the hope of receiving an answer but he proved me wrong, the moment he whispered: “She can be quite overwhelming sometimes.” he paused: “Everyone seems to like that about her though.”

I nodded. He was right (like always). She had been a bit overwhelming but I didn’t mind that fact, if she was friendly enough and that she was!

 

Author

The next two week after that went by very fast. Everything was going smoothly, Hee Young and Woo Bin’s relationship, Yi Jung and Ga Eul’s friendship and Ha Ni and Seung Jo’s partnership. Even Jan Di had managed to cut Jun Pyo some slack, though her glares and a few resentful words were still directed at him.

The Monday of the third week had the girls standing wide-eyed and open-mouthed in front of their house.

Woo Bin’s yellow car was parked just outside their gate and he was leaning against the side of the vehicle, facing them, his arms crossed over his chest.

Apparently he was there to pick up Hee Young.

“This is so not fair!” Ga Eul complained jokingly: “What about us? Where’s our pick-up service?”

Woo Bin, as always, kept his calm and smiled: “Actually Ga Eul, I already took care of that.” he pointed down the road, where three cars were approaching, one bright orange, one black, both the same model as Woo Bin’s and one silver, which was slightly bigger than the others.

Woo Bin smirked: “You can see this as a present from your future-brother-in-law.”

Ga Eul chuckled, already making her way over to the orange car, which Yi Jung had emerged from: “I’ll keep that in mind, future-brother-in-law.”

Ha Ni looked at Jan Di, who was the only one, except for Sang Hee and her, standing outside. She knew she was contemplating walking to school rather than sitting in the same car, as one of the F4.

She poked her side, to get her out of her thoughts: “C’mon Jan Di-ah, go sit with Jun Pyo. He’s trying really hard to make it up to you.”

Jan Di gazed at the black car: “Do I have to be nice to him?”

Ha Ni snorted: “Just try to not hurt him physically.”

Jan Di scrunched up her nose but started walking towards the car, nonetheless.

Sang Hee looked around, wondering. Why were all of her unnies leaving without her? Was Ha Ni unnie going to leave her as well?

The little girl patted Ha Ni’s leg: “Unnie, me too car.”

Ha Ni picked up her baby cousin from the ground and began walking towards the silver car: “Sang Hee, we’re going to go with Seung Jo oppa’s car. Do you remember him?”

Sang Hee shook her head: “Ani.”

Ha Ni smiled: “Be nice to him, okay? Can you do that?”

Sang Hee nodded. At least her Ha Ni unnie wasn’t leaving her alone.

When Ha Ni reached the car, Seung Jo was already waiting, holding the door to the backseat open: “So, I’m guessing we have to drop Sang Hee off at the daycare center first?”

Ha Ni merely smiled at him and sat down in the passenger seat, after putting Sang Hee’s seatbelt on.

A few minutes into the drive, Seung Jo spoke again, seeing that Sang Hee had finished singing ‘Twinkle, twinkle little star’: “Yi Jung says that we should come up with a plan soon… So, we thought that we should all get together after school, without Jun Pyo and Jan Di of course.”

Ha Ni simply agreed to that.

Meanwhile, in Jun Pyo’s car, the tension was increasing. The poor guy didn’t have the slightest idea what he was supposed to say or do. Because lately, whatever he did or said, Jan Di didn’t seem to like it. But the problem was Jun Pyo was not a person that could stay quiet for long. He had to say something, or he would explode in a matter of seconds.

“Do you remember the project that we have to do?” he finally asked aloud.

Jan Di did not even bother to look at him, let alone grace him with some kind of answer.

He huffed, trying to control his anger, but that didn’t work: “Yah! I’m talking to you! The least you can do is to give me an answer!”

Jan Di whipped her head around, glaring at the Shinwa heir: “Yah?! Yah! You should be happy that I haven’t beaten you to a pulp yet!”

And their shouting continued throughout the whole drive to the school campus.

Hopefully the rest of F4, along with Ga Eul, Hee Young and Ha Ni would have a successful plan ready, soon enough…

End of Chapter

 

So...

I hope you guys enjoyed the triple update :)

I won't give you any useless excuses for not updating in such a long time and I won't tell you when the next chapter will be done, because I don't know yet for myself, so I won't promise anything. Anyways, since I was getting quite few messages and comments about updates, I have been very dilligent. I wrote for chapters in the past three days, three for this story and one for "Losing To You". I hope you liked these three chapters :D

If you have any questions about the progress until now, feel free to ask, I'll answer them as best as I can.

By the way, I started a new story. That one is about the drama "Shut Up Flower Boy Band". I fell in love with L's character Hyun Soo and Ye Rim. Those two were just adorable. So the new story focuses mostly on them. Check it out, if you are interested. It's called "Of Fake Smiles And Real Ones".

Thank you all for subscribing and commenting and supporting me. I hope you all will keep doing this in the future as well.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

Kamsahamnida for all your support!

p.s. Love You All <3