Chapter 2

Fallen Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin sat at lunch, her tray of food in front of her, picking out the vegetables to the sides of her tray. While listening in on the conversation Hyewon and Yena were having, she got lost when the sudden image formed in the corner of her eye. Instantly halting her movement. 

About two feet from middle the baseline she bounced the neon-yellow ball four times before throwing it into the air. The ball reaching its apex starting its descent, her arm arcs up to slice serve it over the loose net. The swing of her racket leaving a whipping sound as it broke through the air. The ball bouncing off the ground away from the opponent and right smack into one of the holes in the green fence. Scoring a point; fifteen love. 

Grabbing another ball from the side, she lines herself up for another serve. Her form perfect, using her height, sending the ball from an acute angle. A loud smack coming from the racket as it made impact with the small ball sending it flying down the court into the opponent's side, bouncing away. Acing another point. Yujin was pulled back into reality when the image disappeared from her view and replaced by a hand waving in front of her. 

"Earth to Yujin" Yena continued to wave the hand in front of the younger "Are you still here?" 

Yujin shook her head of her thoughts and the recent image that played before her eyes she slapped Yena's hand away "Yeah, sorry I just zoned out" she trailed off 

"More like to busy watching your soulmate," Yena shot back 

"As if your any better, you should see the dumb face you put on every time you see it," Yujin retorted, getting a high five from Hyewon as they teased Yena. Mimicking the zoned out face she wears 

 

 

The design of the cafeteria was nothing grand as you'd expect from a regular public high school, much like its food that tasted as bland as the metal gray trays used to hold it. The only flavour in the cafeteria really was the smiles and laughter she'd see from her friends. Who were very much chaotically waving a hand at Chaewon, which she responded with a smile as she headed over. 

Chaewon had apparently arrived at the peak of the conversation. Eunbi had just found her soulmate, which all of them were very much invested in knowing more. 

"You really found your soulmate?" Chaewon asked, agape as she took a seat next to Hitomi 

"How did you meet her? Is she nice? Is she pretty? Do you like her?" 

"Nako are you rapping? You're not even giving her a chance to answer" Hitomi laughed at the girl who apologized, she was just too curious 

"I met her in the bus, she actually paid for my bus fee since I forgot mine" 

"That sounds so sweet awe, that sounds like it came straight out of a comic" Nako cutely cheered for Eunbi, who looked down at her lap trying to hide the slight blush creeping up on her cheeks 

"Are you blushing?" Chaewon teased "I didn't take you as a person to get shy about these things" Chaewon had a smug look on her face as she is able to get revenge for all the times Eunbi and Hitomi 

"Anyway" Eunbi rolled her eyes at the cheeky smiles that were growing on her friends "But, I was wrong though. I thought she would be nice since I always saw her doing nice things for others and for paying for my fee" Eunbi sighed maybe the visions only show good things but the idea was quickly thrown away when she remembered Chaewon's predicament with hers "But she was a total " 

"No way, tell me her name and I'll beat her up" Nako held up fists showing she was ready for a fight 

"You didn't let me finish, she was an at first. But when we talked for a little after she was okay I just think she's very against the whole soulmate things" 

"Say, what's her name?" Chaewon asked 

"Kang Hyewon" Chaewon immediately choke on the food she fed into , Hitomi automatically handing her some water whilst patting her back 

"Kang Hyewon? As in like the Kang Hyewon who goes to Sunjoo?" 

"I don't know, we didn't really get there," Eunbi shrugged "Do you know her?" 

"I know of her" She corrected her "and if that is her talk about securing a trust fund" Eunbi learning the newly found information her eyes grew wide as she found out who her soulmate was, she was only getting more interesting by the minute. Chaewon who only laughed at her reaction 

"Close your mouth unnie, a fly might get in" the rest of the group laughing except Eunbi who glared the younger down 

"Wow Eunbi, you got lucky" Hitomi patted her back in approval "I'm sure once you breakdown her walls with your annoying personality she will open up more" Eunbi playfully hit Hitomi's arm as she understood what she thought was a compliment was actually an insult. Which was the start from the teasing she got from the rest of the table. 

 

 

Yuri walked in front of Wonyoung blocked her in the classroom "Where do you think your going?" looking down at the bag in Wonyoung's left hand she knew exactly where; the tennis courts "Nope, absolutely not" she took the bag out of her hands tossing it to Sakura behind her "We're taking you out, you've been practicing non stop" 

Wonyoung was about to retaliate when Sakura and Yuri took hold of both of her hands, dragging her out and straight into the closest arcade to let loose. They went to the one right next to school, Sakura stating it was her treat and paid for their tokens, giving a majority to Wonyoung. 

They hopped from one arcade game to the other, trying to beat the high scores and earning tickets. Wonyoung moving on to the claw machines as she spotted a cute plushie she wanted. Only to have wasted the rest of her tokens she leaned her head against the machine eyeing the plushie that was stuck inside. She wasn't even able to move it, she laughed at herself 'Wow I really at these' she thought 

Yuri came over, patting Wonyoung's back "It's okay, c'mon let's get some food" 

Wonyoung was sulking for not being able to get the plushie. The three sat in the back of the arcade in the small little cafe they made in the back. Their small table full with snacks and drinks. Sakura had invited over Chaeyeon; who just finished dance, bringing Chaewon and Eunbi with her. 

Pulling up some chairs from the other tables gathering around the small table. Naturally, their conversations drifted from various topics, and with most teens their age their curiosities always peeked when it came to talk about soulmates. Especially when several members in the friend group already received theirs. 

Eunbi retelling her story about meeting her soulmate however, leaving out the name, eyeing Chaewon to keep quiet as she would explain it to her later. Yuri who finished a funny yet cute story about her soulmate tripping over some pebbles when she was skating trying to show a new trick that was ultimately just her lifting up the two front wheels of the board. 

"I still can't believe you guys found one another" Yuri said t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter