don't you wait no more

the devil from heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

there has never been a second where seulgi had not forgotten about what she saw that day. seeing irene doing something so bizarre. she couldn't grasp what was happening at that very moment. she was pale, straight once she got back to her dorm, dropping her groceries on the floor, and went straight to wash her face.

 

looking at herself in the mirror, small dark bags under her eyes were beginning to appear inside such a short time and questions could only occupy her mind as she spends the day at home and at school. from her classes: seulgi, most of the time, was staring off into the distance, the chalkboard until the teacher caught her and began scolding her for not paying attention, throwing chalk straight to her face. damn ms. yoona was strict. even her friends that were her classmates got concerned, they knew seulgi wasn't one to not focus. wendy told her about it during lunchtime, receiving vague responses from seulgi.

 

and during her basketball practice which is currently on-going, she spaced out causing a pass from one of her teammates to hit her on the head. wincing in pain, she pressed her palm against her forehead, giving it small taps too. seulgi receives an apology from them. holding the ball to her stomach, shaking her body a bit, trying to remove the thoughts that were being a burden to her.

 

“oi kang! get off the court if you're just going to stand there!” coach choi shouts from the benches, gaining seulgi's attention and the rest of her teammates who were also wary of seulgi's situation. seulgi rubs the back of her nape, pushing the basketball towards moonbyul who gladly catches it with a reassuring but worried smile. seulgi nods, approaching the coach.

 

“sorry coach. i'm not feeling so well today.” it wasn't so much of a lie and truth. you could say she was feeling ill or a bit mental from what she experienced that day. coach choi pats seulgi's shoulder, “alright, just make sure to rest for now. we don't want our best player all distracted for future games.” the coach gave one last pat to seulgi's back and walks off to discuss some matters with the team. seulgi was left to sit at the benches, her forearm resting on her thigh, fingers locked together, ‘i definitely need to talk to irene about this. i need an explanation.’

 

her head hangs down, sweat dripping from her forehead. she shuts her eyes, thinking deeply if she actually saw it accurately. a flower, specifically a lavender was floating above irene's hand. it could possibly be her mind playing games with her, making impossible crap up because of her fatigue maybe or was it really real? she was trying hard to deny the actual truth. she was sane during that morning. she was. seulgi doesn't even watch fantasy movies or movies in general lately to be fantasizing about it.

 

seulgi goes home later on and by the time she got back to the dorm, she saw irene leaning against the door frame of seulgi's dorm. irene looks like she was waiting for seulgi, in which indeed she was. seulgi took this opportunity to bombard questions to the girl who waved at her with a cheery smile, “hey seulgi! i was waiting for you!” irene had arrived minutes before seulgi. irene was already comfortable walking on her own as she said she was confident she wasn't going to be kidnapped or something like that. but still.

 

“why the long face—” irene begins but to be abrupted by seulgi with a serious tone, “can i talk with you? in a more… private area.” irene was intimidated by the tone but puts on a confident stance, nodding, “a-alright.” however the waver in the voice proved otherwise, “it's very important.” seulgi adds, making irene even more nervous yet curious to what seulgi might say that would be so important that involves her. irene just hopes it wasn't anything bad because she had done enough bad lately.

 

wendy, beside her, gave her a look of concern. they both stare at each other as if signing each other what's going on. irene doesn't make it so obvious as seulgi was already so suspicious and she doesn't want to cause anymore more volume. however, when seulgi had turned around, irene has a small nod to wendy and left with seulgi.

 

irene was taken to the same park except it was empty. it's as if everything was actually planned out to be private. seulgi leads her to a dark, wooden bench that was stationed by a playground. a place like this would usually be filled with children but it looks like none were here. she remembers the first time she visited. where seulgi took her as a cool out time and taught her to play basketball which failed miserably and ended up with irene on top of a shy seulgi.

 

irene took a seat on the bench, her hands clutched and placed on her thighs. obviously, irene was scared. confidence no more when around seulgi. especially a cold-looking seulgi. the taller's back was facing her, the shadow of seulgi's figure able to engulf irene's whole body that was shifted on the bench. you could really feel the gloomy energy seulgi was giving off.

 

as scary seulgi looked right now, she was just concerned. so seulgi faced irene and sat on the empty space beside her, her arms were on top of the backrest. her left arm was behind irene's head. she was careful in keeping distance though, not wanting to look… flirty when she came for a serious talk.

 

“what is so important for you to take me here?” irene asks, “i saw you almost a day ago. you were doing something that a normal person wouldn't be able to do” as seulgi went straight to the point, irene was able to catch on quickly to what seulgi was meaning to say, “w-what did you saw?” by the stutter, seulgi guessed irene knew what she meant and saw.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter