i know i'm pretty

the devil from heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“irene! T-The Great One wants to see you at the temple!” the messenger pants hard after chasing the blonde-haired woman that finally stopped walking and stayed at a gazebo in the middle of the enchanted forest, intentionally ignoring him. the messenger had already said a couple of pleads before mentioning The Great One's name that halted irene's sip to her cup of tea.


“who's prettier? me or that newbie angel, miyeon?” irene's back remained facing the exhausted messenger, “y-you, of course.” the messenger breathes out with a weak smile. irene turned, hand holding a lavender flower. ocean blue eyes, staring at it. she smirked, “and will always be.”


everyone in heaven admits that archangel irene was the definition of an angel. irene's look never faltered as she aged. at almost a thousand years old, she was still the beauty of heaven. whenever irene hears compliments about her, her ego could only rise. she often looks down on the unpretty, those who are not as beautiful as her. she was nicknamed as the “narcissistic angel” she didn't like it but she ignores it and be her usual self.

 

irene had earned a reputation of thinking about herself rather than others, she adores herself too much. irene, through many years, grew too proud for her good. she thought highly of herself—above others. her friends had warned her before but unfortunately, she never listened to any of it since she knew herself to always be correct.


irene had finally arrived at the temple, decorated with mostly gold and green vines, showing how the building has aged.


the sound of the bell rings through the whole heavens. inside the open, pillar-supported structure was irene wincing from the booming voice of The Great One himself. her head turns to the side when a strong gush of air entered the sacred building. a couple of women and men, all wearing white robes and on their backs were feathery white wings, were on the side, witnessing the sight. the woman in front of The Great One was the same but soon wouldn't be.


irene has now been banished from heaven. 


the reason was obvious.


irene stands in front of The Great One with for once—worry. she clutched her white robe tightly when The Great One lectured her, even giving her a scroll of all the wrongdoing, which is mostly composed of her bullying others, “w-well..” irene averts her gaze from the long scroll that reached down to her feet. the great one frowns at irene, “irene, look at me when i'm talking to you.” irene reluctantly faced him, arms on her side as if she was a soldier receiving orders from her commander.


“if you weren't my closest child, i would permanently expel you from heaven. i have known you since you were a child, irene and you were not like this.”


irene ducks her head. The Great One has always treated her like a daughter just like anyone else in the heavens. he treated all the people in heaven equally, “for now, you'll be living in the human world for three months. you shall learn how to not always be so narcissistic,” The Great One sharpens his words in the last sentence, making sure that irene would hear and follow him exactly.


“by finding something to love, other than yourself.”


irene could only nod, staying mum. she wasn't as talkative today, it would mostly be boasting about her looks. she behaved herself in front of The Great One, not trying to further anger him as it would lower her chances of going back to heaven or just never. she only acted like this out of respect, nothing else. 


the human world. irene had never stepped foot into that world. it was forbidden for an angel to enter the human world without permission from The Great One or unless they were tasked to. she was not clueless about what the living in the earth is like, as she had encountered the passing who stayed in purgatory. they were either sectioned to heaven or hell and most were sent to the under. so she concludes that mos—some humans are... not that great.


she had heard stories from her friends that had visited the earth once and some had even stayed for a couple of months. they told her all about how weird the human inventions are and how it took them a while to get the hang of being human. they had to hide away—not use their powers because it would make the humans suspicious of their identity. 


she had always wanted to visit earth now, maybe even impress the humans with her beauty. but she's only going to the human world because she was told to do so and change her self-centered self. 


“i guess. i'll see you soon, unnie” wendy, a friend of hers said, waving a hand at the older woman, “i'll be back.” she waves her hand back. she was also informed that she would be able to use her powers. it disappointed her since her powers would be the only thing that could entertain her. 


a loud snap from The Great One caused a small orb of light behind her to grow larger. it was time to go. irene covered her eyes from the blinding lights. she felt her body being into a white void that would eventually take her to the human world. she opened her eyes to see the walls that surrounded her. a purple theme present. she was in the middle and she scanned her eyes around, mesmerized by everything she saw. 


it was an average-sized, furnished dorm that could fit at least two people. there was a wall that separated the main room from the bedroom. the main room had a living room and the kitchen side-to-side. the balcony was accessed through the bedroom along with the bathroom.


but before she could go and take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter