play with me

the devil from heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

circling around the bedroom, the brown-haired woman was in a dillema. she furrows her eyebrows together, her index finger and thumb on her chin as if she was thinking deeply about something. which she was. after a few days of living in the human world or earth, as they say, she hasn't made any progress. she admits she wants to go back to heaven but how can she with her lack of action.

 

“why do i have to go through this when i don't even know about anything here!?”

 

irene slumps flat on her bed, staring at the purple ceiling. being a clueless angel she is, she also has barely any knowledge of the human world except those random numbers she learned from school. she couldn't even bring herself to ask anyone, even her close human friend seulgi. she didn't want to seem to dumb to them. simple things for human were complicated for the angel, even the phone that seulgi defines are easy to use was just a plain lie. all those symbols... how could she memorize all of that!

 

seulgi laughed at her, asking how it can that be her first time using a phone. she was refrained from saying the truth as it would really expose her real identity. even if she did, seulgi might not believe her. irene pouts in annoyance, throwing weak punches in the air. tilting her head to the side, she questions, “what do i have to love even?”

 

love. she's not very familiar with the word. was it something to have? does everybody yearn for it? what do we earn from it? irene has heard of it and what she concluded that love is associated with strong feelings of affection towards another person, maybe even an object. from the book, they say that love is patient, love is kind; love is not envious, love is not boastful. the subject confused her, she wasn't able to understand it well. irene lived most of her life only caring about herself. she grew accustomed to the fact that only she herself can love her own and very much satisfied with that.

 

loving herself came with consequences though. first, it was difficult to make friends. fellow angels showed a bit of consideration and kindness towards irene on the outside but one could tell that they were not dealing with irene's conceited personality anymore. wendy was the ONLY one to be able to handle irene and maintain and good friendship with the older angel. wendy was outgoing and friendly, it would make sense that she wasn't bothered by irene at all and instead wanted to help her. 

 

second, missed opportunities. work-related stuff is labelled easy for irene. being an angel was an easy thing to do. therefore, irene barely puts any effort in it. irene belittled her job, wanting something harder and difficult even though she could not even do her job as an angel right. you would often see her at her gazebo, twirling her hair and leaving a pile of paper on the table in front of her. wendy always ends up helping her with no hesitation. a good friend indeed.

 

lastly, loving herself led her to be banished from heaven for three months and have to find something to love other than herself. every complaint of angel's who had encountered irene's arrogant personality received attention from The Great One. you could ask him if he also had quite enough with irene and he would reply with an exasperated yes. irene was oblivious to any talks about her, so this news caught her off guard.

 

she could list more but those were the three main ones.

 

“what should i do—wait, why am i asking this to myself? i should know what to do! i'm smart for goodness sake!” irene pats her head with her palm multiple times as if she was scolding herself, “and i don't need help. i can do this on my own. on my own.” she repeated, her eyes slowly looking around her surroundings. it was boringly quiet. she would normally be surrounded by nature sounds, birds chirping, wind breeze, and her little bunny friends, it would be nice if she had her bunnies present, she misses them.

 

ding dong.

 

the unexpected doorbell noise alarms her up of the bed. she was not expecting any visitors today, considering she doesn't have any friends to have as visitors anyway, “who might that be?”

 

 

“did i make too much?”

 

seulgi stares at the plates of food on the table in the middle of the dining area. she holds a spatula in hand and was wearing an orange apron with a head of a cartoon bear on it. the food ranged from savoury to desserts. she was bored the whole day so she decided to cook but she didn't realize she would end up with a party-sized food. this was a natural part of being an all-rounder for seulgi. she was able to do anything really.

 

she puts down the spatula on the marble counter. after washing her hands, she picked up her phone from her black sweat pants pockets, turning it on to decide if she should invite her friends over, “they are all busy though,” seulgi sighs, scrolling through her contacts of close friends and relatives. most of her friends are busy with school and out of school activities and her relatives are far from seoul so it was likely impossible to invite them at this time. her thumb pauses at the contacts that start with a letter j and she saw joohyun's name, “maybe she's free?”

 

the raven head looks at the wall in which the other side was bae joohyun or irene's dorm room, “i didn't see her go out today. i heard her just… screaming again.” seulgi mumbles, mulling over to either invite irene or not. the older girl was really really weird now that she really thought about it. from not knowing what basic items were and how to use it to actually being crazy for screaming out in annoyance most of the time(good thing they don't really have many neighbours on their floor as they would complain about irene). seulgi has now declared that irene is strange. she should really focus on what to do with the food now. irene was probably the best choice right now considering her food might go cold if she keeps pondering forever. 

 

seulgi unties the knot of her apron and hangs it on a wooden rack stuck to the wall. dusting off her grey sleeveless shirt, she exits her dorm and took a few steps before arriving in front of irene's door. she presses the doorbell and patiently waits outside, hands in her pockets. once the door opens, she curves a small smile, “hey, joohyun-unnie, i just wanted to-” a smile that would soon fade. seulgi covered the lower half of her face. her face reddening from the sight of irene just wearing a rather large shirt, maybe some shorts underneath. irene's milky white legs are telling seulgi—no, begging seulgi to touch them and the latter is trying to resist, “seulgi? what are you doing here?” 

 

irene looks at seulgi, slightly blushing at seulgi's look but she brushes this thought off by observing seulgi's face. the taller girl's eyes were wandering around her lower area, “are you checking me out?” irene teases and leans on the door frame, arms crossed, “w-what? n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter