eyes on her

the devil from heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“i didn't need any help!”


“well, the great one specifically told me that you really, really needed help, irene-unnie. after being informed about your little encounters with seulgi and your troublesome attitude even here on earth. of course, the great one would assume that you need help.”


wendy crosses her arms and looked into irene's denying brown eyes. it is true that irene was getting nowhere with her task. and that wendy was there to help her, “that's bold of you to assume i need help.” irene stood up from her bed and walked to her closet to grab her uniform. after dressing up, she took her bag that hangs on the chair's backrest, “you're not making any progress, unnie. if you want to go back to heaven you could at least do something!” wendy reasons and floats behind irene. the older girl sighs, “what if i don't want to go back? what would happen?”


“y-you'd be titled as a fallen angel, banished from entering heaven.”


“right.” irene rolls her eyes a bit and turns to wendy with a small smile, “i'll try to do my task properly,” irene has never guaranteed to do something properly once, as she was always a slacker when it comes to subjects not relates to her. but this is related to her and her mission to go back to heaven, so she should put some effort into it at least. 


when you feel bothered and troubled by something or an obstacle the first thing you would do is ask for help, right? well, irene wasn't like that. she didn't want to be pitied so she would end up failing to do something.


“isn't that seulgi girl quite a human?” irene, who was putting on her shoes stopped by the mention of seulgi's name. just the name made her thoughts be consumed with seulgi's signature grin that's coupled with an eye smile, “y-yeah... she is.” irene was sporting a giddy smile that wendy noticed, “so, are you into her?” wendy teased and floats beside irene, sitting on a small stool by the front door. irene ducks her head, her loose hair able to cover her slightly red face, “no, seulgi's just a human friend of mine. nothing else and nothing more.” 


“it wouldn't be even possible to enter a romantic relationship with a human, unnie. i mean, the great one won't allow it.”


irene frowns, she slides her foot inside the shoe and stood up. she doesn't know why she was acting to disappointed about it. then it  “are you indirectly saying i like seulgi and hinting i won't be able to be her lover?” irene squints her eyes towards wendy, crossing arms as if she wasn’t at all not upset by that statement but in truth, she was. she just couldn’t bring herself to admit it, plus she wasn’t even aware of her growing feelings for seulgi.


“maybe, maybe not,” wendy shrugs her shoulder with her hands, “were you assuming that i was telling you that you can’t date seulgi?”


“n-no! i wouldn’t possibly like that…attractive human,” irene mumbles the last part for it to be inaudible for the blonde woman beside her. although she finds seulgi attractive, she didn’t want it to be that obvious around people that she doesn’t want to share her opinion with. just look at kang seulgi, that girl was an embodiment of perfection, from the cat-like eyes that could pierce through your heart and lips that probably tasted so sweet and feel so soft. and her body, oh my god her body.


irene could just go on and on but she refrained herself from doing so until she breaks out from her thoughts because of wendy’s call for her, “you were spacing out, unnie. what were you thinking about?” wendy leaned close to irene ‘til their faces were just inches apart. wendy was wearing a smirk and teasing ocean blue eyes.


“oh, s-sorry. i was just… thinking about my plan! yes, my plan,” irene turns away with a dry laugh coupled with some fake coughs. she side glances wendy, finally being able to breathe once the younger angel moves away with her gentle smile, “i hate you sometimes, wan.” irene sighs and walked straight out the dorm, “yah! unnie,” wendy grins cheekily and follows irene on her way out.


irene grips the straps of her purple and bunny accessorized bag with her small, adorable hands (i just had to, i’m sorry--). irene walked a short trip through and around the hallways to find the elevator she and seulgi last used. she was still trying to find her way around the dorms, but she was getting there, maybe. just like irene’s first time, wendy stares at the elevator with interest and curiosity, impressed once she saw the older knew what she was doing, “did seulgi-ssi help you around the earth?” irene presses the down arrow button, scooting over to the side to wait, “she did, but not that much, really. i only often ask for her help.” irene leans on the cream-colored wall, staring down at her shoes, “you’re still the same unnie,” a breath escapes between wendy’s lips, “you should really—”


“i’ll ask for help when it’s needed, besides i don’t want to be a burden especially when it comes to seulgi, who’s already doing much for me.” even bearing my personality. irene shot her head up when she heard the elevator ding, quickly scurrying to the elevator with wendy. she laughs when she looked at wendy’s amazed expression, taking note that this was wendy’s first time arriving at earth. when the elevator doors opened, irene stepped out, “the great one could have at least gave me company with someone who actually knows about earth and humans,” irene jokes, receiving a small punched that just passed through her shoulder, “it’s at least someone you’re actually close with,”


“joohyun-unnie? who are you talking to?”


irene paused, face frozen by the sudden voice that called her name. seulgi stands a few feet from her with a helmet in between her waist and forearm, holding another one by the straps i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter