FIVE

AQUIVER - SP

 



*****

 

"That was good Mr. Jeon."

 

Jieun finally can take a long rest from her stressed mind when Jungkook finally scores the deal they've been working on for the past week. It was hard, all of them were totally stressed and tired.

 

"Let's celebrate it."

 

Everyone is tired but excited actually, they have plans to celebrate in a nearest restaurant and they wanted Jungkook to come with them. Of course it's Jieun's task to invite him, he doesn’t usually join this kind of activities for years she worked for him.

 

“Mr. Jeon.”

 

He is already busy packing up his stuff and leaving.

 

“The credit card is there, you can use it as much as you want.”

 

“We all want you to join us.”

 

Jungkook never received this kind of offer before. He knows most people will be uncomfortable to have him ruining their party, so he never thinks of doing this. And when suddenly they’re being kind to him, it’s a little bit overwhelming.

 

“No, it’s ok, I usually leave my card anyway.”

 

“You worked the hardest out of everyone, and we’re all thankful, can you please stay for just a minute?”

 

He looks at his watch, he has plans to take Yeri back home tonight, because since everything is worked out about his job, he already feels so much better, so even if she still refuses to see him, he has so much energy to beg.

 

“I can stay until 11 PM.”

 

“Good, it is enough time to celebrate.”

 

****

 

Jungkook doesn’t usually do this so it’s a little bit awkward for him. He is more like an executive person, so to actually blend well with his colleagues is hard. He is uncomfortable at times but also finds everything is fun and ordinary.

 

“Mr. Park is drunk, we will take him out.”

 

Jieun told him that news and he knows what she meant with drunk, Mr. Park has basically passed out, he needs three other men to help him walk.

 

“I’ll get going too then. You guys have fun.”

 

Yeri is still on his mind, so he decides to leave early. Following Mr. Park and a few people out of the room. Everyone is saying goodbye to him as he leaves, they looked so happy and even though Jungkook was secretly hoping for them to work better some time, he is thankful to them for their help and most importantly is their support. Their trust to follow his lead. It’s helping his mental state dealing with everyday work.

 

“Mr. Jeon, are you leaving already?”

 

He passed by the stairs with Mr. Park and a few other people who're struggling to help him walk.

 

“Yes, enjoy the rest of the party..”

 

“Mr. Jeon..be careful!”

 

Jungkook doesn’t remember how this happened but Mr. Park is suddenly making a lot of movements and knocking him out of the stairs, he fell from 2 or 3 ft, his arms landing first and he can feel the pain right away. He closes his eyes right away, and everyone is coming to him to help him stand.

 

“You are bleeding.”

 

He gets up when he realizes that he really is bleeding from his elbow and the back of his hand.

 

“Did I break my arms?”

 

He gets worried over it because that means he needs to spend a lot of time recovering.

 

“Can you lift it?”

 

Someone is holding his arms and checking it out, he lifts it slowly, and it looks like it is not broken, he can still feel all the bones and stuff, nothing is cracking too, he just has a lot of blood.

 

“We will take you to the hospital.”

 

He does nothing when everyone starts coming out from the room and making a fuss over his injury. He has no choice but to go with them for a treatment.

 



 

 

Are you leaving right now?’

 

Yeri is becoming anxious when Jungkook is late from the supposedly meeting they arranged this morning.

 

“I’ll decide when i see him.”

 

They’re not really talked for the past few weeks, most of it because he is very busy and Yeri doesn’t want to bother him. He thought she was still angry at him, and even  when it is true, she won’t lie about missing him.

Her mother seemed too tired to tell her anything so she just left and Yeri started to get annoyed waiting. It’s already late, and she heard nothing from Jungkook. Another 5 minutes passed by until her phone is finally ringing. Not Jungkook, but Jieun.

 

“Yeri-ssi!”

 

Her voice sounds very heavy and looks like she’s been running for a long time or something, her breath is short.

 

“Jieun? What is it?”

 

She already has bad feelings because of the way she called her name, she was panicked, scared, and she’s familiar with those.

 

“Mr. Jeon was taken to a hospital, he got into an accident.”

 

Yeri seriously can not hear anything after that, her mind is already going away to two years ago when Jungkook was seriously injured by her own hands and she can’t do anything but watch him dying. 

 

“Yeri-ssi! We’re at the hospital near the office, the big one!”

 

“I’ll.. be there.”

 

Just like before, Yeri is already too confused to cry, the only thing she’s doing is stopping the first cab she saw and going to the hospital right away. She gets scared to the point that she can feel her whole body trembling, she feels sick on her stomach right away thinking that this is happening again. Her who ruined him, Jungkook who gets hurt when she can’t even stop it. She feels useless, totally.

 

“Can i help you?”

 

She finally reached the ER after 15 minutes or something, she ran as soon as she reached the hospital, she almost fell for a few times, she bump into a lot of people and when she finally in front of the door of emergency room where peoples are laying down and the doctors are busy, she’s becoming more stressed. She can not answer the nurse who was asking her.

 

“Miss, are you ok?”

 

They need to ask her one more time to make her back to her senses. She was going to rush into the door without listening to anything further but then she remembered the last time she’s behaving like this, she lost her kid and Jungkook is dying. 

 

“Can i get some water? And can I have a seat somewhere? I am pregnant, and I was running to get here.”

 

The nurse was quick to help her, she even checked her belly and watching her close, she probably thought that Yeri had something wrong with her pregnancy.

 

“Thank you.”

 

She drinks the water she offered and takes a deep breath before she can finally feel her eyes are getting warm and tears are filled in it by now. 

 

“I’m looking for my husband, I was told that he got into an accident..”

 

She’s trying to speak clearly even though her voice is shaking.

 

“His name?”

 

“Jeon.. Jungkook.”

 

The nurse is back to her desk and starts flipping a pile of paper in front of her and back to Yeri a few seconds later.

 

“I’ll take you there.”

 

Maybe because Yeri told her that she is pregnant, the nurse is taking an extra care for her, she hold her hands as they walked, she also pat her back, trying to stop her from crying, and for Yeri it’s totally feels like the nurse knew Jungkook was in a bad condition so she tried to makes her feel better. 

Her tears are becoming uncontrolled right now, she’s crying like a kid, even more than a kid because she just totally dumbfounded with how bad she is as a wife for Jungkook, two years ago and right now. She closed her eyes when the nurse stopped her walk and told her that Jungkook is somewhere on this alley. The fourth row from the entrance, her eyes are busy looking for him on every corner until she finally found him. 

***

 

“It will leave a scar but not too big because we’re stitching it very fast.”

 

Jungkook is staring at his elbow on his right hands, the doctor giving him 8 or 9 stitches from his elbow down to his arms. He was in so much pain because of this since everyone was making him stressed, Jieun was crying, and the other was saying sorry to him like this is their fault. He ended up telling everyone to leave because he doesn’t want to deal with all the fuss.

 

“I don’t mind a scar.”

 


“I can see that.”

 

The doctor pointed out his finger to Jungkook’s bare shoulder when the scar from two years ago is still too clear to ignore. 

 

“The rontgen results are out and everything is good, nothing is broken or twisted, you just need to come here two days later for a recheck up of your wound.”

 

He’s staring at his rontgen result his doctor gave him, and even though this is not really his field, he can see that nothing is wrong from it. He is glad because that means he will recover fast.

 

“I’ll see you in two days, then.”

 

“Just make sure that the stitches won’t open, you need to limit your movement either way.”

 

He nods his head and takes his coat from the chair next to his bed. This is not his first time, he knows how to handle this. This wound is nothing compared to everything he had before this, all the fight with Jooyoung and.. Yeri.

 

She is here. He was going to say goodbye and leave the place when he found someone walking closer to him, someone he didn’t see for ten days or something.

 

Yeri’s eyes are so red, tears are everywhere and she’s still sobbing even when he’s waving his hands to her and showing her that he is fine, that he can stand. 

 

She’s running to him, literally, before she throws herself at him and continues to cry while hugging him. The doctor and nurse from earlier left while closing the curtain of his section of bed, because they’re probably worried Yeri who is crying out loud will bother other patients.

He can’t even move his wounded hands, even though he is in pain when Yeri is forcing him to sit back on his bed and she’s almost crushing his neck with her arms. 

 

“I am fine.”

 

He caresses her back and her hair as he told her that, but she seems to not completely get it. She keeps crying even though she already let go of him from her arms. He takes her waist, holds it and brings her face closer to him with his unwounded hands and kisses her lips for 4 or 5 times, trying to stop her from crying and also because he missed her so much.

 

“What happened?”

 

That’s what she said, still crying to the point that he feels bad for her. He is not answering and keeps locking his eyes on her, helping her wiping her tears and fixing her messy hair. He waits until Yeri is no longer as panicked as earlier before he told her to sit next to him and show off his wounded arms. His shirt is covered by blood so of course Yeri seems pretty much shaken by what she saw.

 

"I fell from the stairs. It's just you know...a cut.."

 

"Did someone push you?"

 

She's talking while staring at his wound and Jungkook actually surprised with how casual Yeri asked him about that, well.. given how many times she saw him fight with Jooyoung and other things in their life, he won't blame her for having this kind of thoughts. 

 

"No, it was an accident."

 

Yeri lifted her face back to him again when she realized that the tone of words Jungkook gave her was awkward. Her question was weird, it just slipped without so much thoughts from her side.

 

"I didn't mean that you deserved to.."

 

"These days I worked so hard to protect myself and behave with zero risk because why would I put myself in danger when I have a wife and a kid.."

 

He talked while putting his hands on her belly and Yeri feels really sorry to react like him getting hurt always happened because he reap what he sow. She put her hands on his cheeks and brought it closer for her to kiss it.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

 



 

 

Jungkook said that he is glad she came , because he was confused before about driving his car back home. Seems like he will need assistance for the time being because the doctor told her that he needs to limit his movements until his wound is getting better. 

 

So, here she is now, behind the wheel while Jungkook fell asleep next to her, going back home after a long week of not seeing him..

 

They arrive after half an hour, Yeri is waking him up slowly, touching his face, but he won't wake up. So she stops trying and turns her face to him, watching him and..there is something on her heart which makes her feel awfully wronged to him.

Maybe he was right for getting scared of her who's always trying to leave.

 

She takes a glance for a few times at him, thinking he must be in so much pain and how much he worked hard without her next to him for the past few days. 

 

A wife. She just can't cope up with how bad she is doing a role as one from years ago until today. 

 

She sweeps her hair and closes her eyes as she's trying to make herself back to her senses, thinking Jungkook is probably the only thing worthy of her life and she knows what will happen if she loses him. Hearing bad things happen to him is enough to make her feel very disturbed. 

 

People will say loving him this much will never make sense after so much mess he made on her life. But the thing is, they said that because they don't know what she did to him, they don't know because he never showed to others how much she ruined him. They only ever see her mess and never his. They only ever see her suffer and not his. When she knows she did nothing good to him either.

She takes his hand, hugging it and slowly kissing it before she puts it on her cheeks, what she did seems bothering him because he slowly opens his eyes, waking up.

 

"We're here."

 

She let go of his hands and came out from the car, opening the door for him and helping him walk.

 

Jungkook is doing nothing when Yeri does things for him, pressing the elevator button for him, opening the door and also carrying his bag for him. 

 

"I am fine."

 

They reached their home and he told her that while laughing. She nods her head and laughs with him.

 

"I know." 

 

He left for a quick shower, but Yeri is following him closely.

 

"Do you need any help?"

 

She seems very concerned about him and it kind of makes sense .

 

"Sure." 

 

So he said yes to her offers, it will probably make her feel less stressed.

 

****

 

"You can stand here."

 

Jungkook asked for help to wash his hair, he brought her a small chair for her to stand so she can do it while being taller than him. There are traces of strong alcohol smells coming from his hair.

 

"Someone poured his beer on my head when they were helping me."

 

That's his answer when she asked. She shrugged her shoulders and told him to stand firm in front of the wastafel back facing her. It is so easy to see his wound from the back like this.

 

He bent down to wet his head and give Yeri his favorite shampoo. She's reacting very slow and late because she still can't deal with what just happened.

 

"I used to do this alone when you left after I was discharged from the hospital. It is nice to have you here right now."

 

Jungkook is holding her back with his wounded hands and Yeri finds herself is becoming more sad. His wounds from two years ago probably worse than this one, she was the one who caused it and yet she refuses to take responsibility for that.

 

"Give me that."

 

Yeri is asking for more shampoo and he feels relieved to realize that she is slowly acting natural and no longer looking so down. 

 

He holds her hands to make her stop from washing his hair and turn his body to her so now they're facing each other. Yeri's eyes are already puffy from crying too much, he stares at her face closely.

 

"Why?"

 

Her voice is husky, she sounds so tired and weak. It's already late at night and he knows how scared she was when she finds out about what happened to him earlier.

 

"Thank you…"

 

She looked surprised with what he said and went back to looking at her hands which were full of foam.

 

"For this?"

 

She lifted her hands slowly.

 

"For coming back."

 

"I should've said sorry for leaving."

 

"Then say it, right now."

 

He touches her face and caresses her cheeks while watching her.

 

"I'm sorry. "

 

"See? We both are in the wrong but I let you say sorry if that's going to make you feel better."

 

He talked like a teacher and Yeri find it hilarious even when what he said is true, she's rolling her eyes at him and told him to turn again so she can finish her job but he refused, he put her arms around her waist instead and leaning his back to the wastafel while his eyes are wondering.

 

"Sometimes I just need to own my own guilts for you, for the messes I made in your life. I felt so bad about what happened that I ended up behaving like this. It's not because i don't trust you, it's just...i'm worried about you. That's all."

 

He talks really fast but Yeri knows he is being genuine about it. She used her hands to squeeze his hair and continue washing his hair with a smile.

 

"Are you doing this on purpose? Forgetting all the bad things I did to you and act like I was a saint?"

 

She takes a deep breath and stops what she is doing while focusing her eyes on Jungkook again.

 

"You're not the only one who wants to fix things. Just because others don't blame me, that doesn't mean I'm not blaming myself. I still remember everything. I hurt you badly."

 

She stopped talking because she thinks that's the actual problem, she wanted the same chance to fix herself as a wife and their marriage but Jungkook won't let her do that. 

It was the reason why she got so upset in the first place. 

 

"I just don't want you to get hurt again.. i'm sorry if my method of protecting you doesn't suit your preference.."

 

Jungkook is talking without looking at her. And Yeri honestly doesn't know how to deal with him . So she started to scream at him. She is just frustrated.

 

"I told you before that we will probably get hurt again! And we both agree to work better on that, right? That's why you were asking me to marry you for the second time and I am here right now, pregnant, helping you wash your hair because you are injured!!"

 

She lets out a sigh and closes her eyes, trying so hard to hold her tears but fails in the end because she is already crying by now. 

 

Jungkook seems a little bit taken aback with her reaction and what he said but when she told him that she is sorry for screaming at him she slowly loosen up his arms on her waist and nod his head while moving his hands to her belly after saying he understand that it is ok if she gets angry.

 

They’re staying without talking to each other and the atmosphere is becoming so awkward not until Jungkook is giving her a smile that she feels a little bit relieved.

 

"Are you feeling ok, how are you doing?"

 

"Doing fine, my first doctor visit was last week but i didn't want to go without you so i booked another date this weekend."

 

She wipes her tears with her upper arms as Jungkook keeps touching her belly. This is the first time he ever did this after knowing she is pregnant. 

 

"Good job, well done. I don't want to miss any seconds of this one."

 

Yeri is a little bit surprised because what he said sounds like he has so many regrets about missing out from her first pregnancy and being guilty about it when he didn't even know anything about that. He kissed her lips for such a long time, before he made her down from where she was standing, wash her hands and gave another kiss that is enough to make her realize how much she misses him.

 

"I'll finish this."

 

"No, you are wounded. I'll help you."

 

"I am starving, can you make something for me to eat?"

 

She stared at his face, and he really looked starving. She touches his bare stomach and it does feel like it's growling.

 

"Alright. Call me if you need any help, they said you can't move your arms too much or the stitches will be ruined."

 

"I will."

 

****

 

Yeri is trying so hard to cook while focusing her hearings on the bathroom from their room, afraid that Jungkook called her for help but she failed to notice. 

 

She made a simple fried rice from things she can find in the fridge. She finished her food but Jungkook is still not coming out so she comes to get him. She was going to knock on the bathroom door when it suddenly opened and he showed up, she held his arms right away to check his wound, and it seems fine, he covers it with a small towel.

 

"It's ok, what's wrong with you?"

 

He reached for her cheeks and brought her face closer for a kiss. Yeri closed her eyes when his cold lips touched her because of the sting.

 

"You can catch a cold this way, hurry up and out for your food. "

 

She left him after giving him a thick sweater she prepared before.

 

Jungkook honestly doesn't know how Yeri could notice very fast about him catching a cold or getting sick, he thought he was fine but now he's been sneezing and coughing and his body feels warm too.

 

"I have a fever."

 

So he came out from his room while telling Yeri what he felt.

 

"Take this after you ate."

 

But it seems like she is already aware,she puts a few tablets of medicine the hospital gave him earlier, he remembers one of them was a pain killer.

 

He sits on the chair and Yeri takes an empty spot next to him giving him a cup of warm water and takes one spoon of his food to feed him.

 

He laughs at her for treating him like a kid and was going to ignore her help but Yeri seems serious about this.

 

"You will be done faster if I feed you."

 

Well she is right, beside he can not use his right hands because of his injury anyway, using his other hand will make him more tired so he accepts what Yeri's offering to him.

 

"If you're not getting better tomorrow, i'll call a doctor to check your condition. You can not go to work too, I'll seal the door so don't bother trying ."

 

He does nothing but nod his head and enjoy the sight of Yeri which he has been missing for days. He eats a lot but still not feeling any better even after he takes all the  medicine Yeri gave to him earlier.

 

"I think we should just go right now. You are burning up."

 

He is already trying to get some sleep with Yeri sitting next to his bed and putting a warm towel on his forehead. She looked pretty much worried and lowkey scared because just like him. She is not used to seeing him getting sick other than a little common cold. 

 

"I just need some sleep, you should too, it's late."

 

He can't blame her for being so worried like right now because he knows Yeri has her own share of guilts. 

 

He pretty much suffered taking care of himself alone while doing all the divorce procedure two years ago. He never told her about how much it was hard, but it seems like she is already aware . And it makes her feel a huge guilt when this kind of thing happens to him. Just like right now, she's still kneeling next to him, holding his hands while sometimes tearing up.

 

"I will be fine by tomorrow."

 

So he told her that while telling her to lay down next to him and trying to get some sleep. She was shaking her head at first, refusing to do that but after he begged her for it, Yeri finally let him go.

 

"I'll be fine."

 

He is whispering that close to her ear before closing his eyes while Yeri is patting his head as he sleeps. Knowing she is here is totally helping to reduce his anxiety and pain.