TWO

AQUIVER - SP


"Can you do it? Two months is a tight timeframe for doing something like this."

 

"I want to try."

 

Jungkook is regretting his choice to come to this meeting talking about taking over the project as Jieun's suggestion when he realized that everyone is completely not impressed by a quick simple proposal he gave them.

 

"You are a CEO in your name only, Jungkook-ah. We're the one who's doing all the work when you're gone. We know it best."

 

"I don't understand why you are making that two years as something significant. I spent my time here for almost a decade, since i was still a student, i know how to work."

 

He knows that talking like this won't do anything good for him, but he's already feeling so tired, frustrated and mad regarding how people treat him.

 

"You are wrong if you think that you are good because of your skills."

 

He decided to take back his proposal and walk away from this meeting. It's enough humiliation for today, he doesn't want to deal with another.

 

"We let you do everything before, because of your father."

 

"Bulls."

 

Jungkook knows for sure that what he's doing right now is unacceptable no matter how angry he is. He throws his proposal to the floor so the paper is all scattered. Everyone is surprised but he knows that they've been waiting for him to act like this so they will have another reason to punish him. Typical dirty money hungry executives, but he knows how they are since a long time ago.

 

"A kid, you are such a kid, Jungkook-ah."

 

He ended up leaving the meeting room, walking fast because he just needed time to have a break from all of this.

 


***

 

"Yeri-ssi, do you want something to drink?"

 

Someone is coming to the room while knocking the opened door to offer Yeri a drink. Seems like someone she used to see a long time ago.

 

"No, thank you."

 

She was going to give some snacks she brought for everyone, when she sees Jungkook is walking really fast to the main entrance, someone is chasing him.

 

"Oh.. it's.."

 

She can't even continue to say anything when she sees the old man who was chasing Jungkook is making him stop harshly by dragging his arms. For how hard he did it, she knows that it's going to hurt Jungkook, physically, and also his pride.

There are probably twenty five people in this room, focusing their eyes on Jungkook who is being dragged. Everyone is completely taken aback when the old man from before throws a bunch of papers, a lot of it,  to his face.

 

"That was not the way to beg, Jungkook-ah."

 

Yeri remembers the old man as someone who was always with Mrs. Jeon, which means he probably has so much hatred for Jungkook,

Since he always treats Mrs. Jeon's close people as an enemy. 

 

Honestly, Yeri is not really bothered like the other people here, because she knows doing that to Jungkook means this man is ready to receive something even more humiliating. She was waiting for it but when Jungkook was bowing his head to him, and told him that he was sorry while picking up those papers helped by everyone else, she can understand why others feel bad for him. There is no force or ambitions on his eyes at all. She just saw something sad and gloomy in his eyes. Even when the man from earlier is harshly ruffling his hair and hitting his cheeks, he's still doing nothing.

 

"It's ok, get back to work."

 

He is able to say something to everyone after the old man leaves. His smile is fake, completely, he either mad or annoyed.

 

Everyone is walking away from him and pretending like nothing happened, probably to make him feel less embarrassed. Even Jieun, she seems to forget to tell Jungkook that she's here when he walked passed by her and entering his office, close the door, lock it, and cover all the window with a dark curtain, he's still not noticing her existence and was going to turning off the light but a little movement she makes stopped him.

 

"Hi."

 

She knows she sounds very awkward. Jungkook will get mad to see her visiting him without notice like this, not to mention that he is aware she saw what happened to him before. He probably worried about her well being instead of himself.

 

"I..packed you lunch and i delivered it..i..i was just going to say hi and leave.."

 

She takes her bag abruptly, stuttering every word she says because she really is embarrassed and angry at herself for behaving like this.

 

"See you at home."

 

She managed to pat Jungkook's shoulder lightly before she came out from the door, welcomed by everyone's stare and Jieun in front of her. Yeri gave them a forced smile because this is such an uncomfortable situation .

 

"She brought you lunch."

 

Yeri is definitely not expecting this when Jungkook shoves Jieun her lunch bag and grabs her hands while dragging her away from the office. She can't even protest or do anything because this is a public place and them arguing here is certainly not a good aight.

 

"Eat a lot. I made those with effort."

 

So she acts like she is fine, laughing and waving her hands to them and it seems enough to make the situation better because they're no longer tense like before and say thank you to her with a smile.

 

"I was going to leave."

 

Jungkook can feel how Yeri pulls her hands from his grip strongly when they enter the elevator. She doesn't sound angry but she definitely doesn't want to be here.

He ignored her and chose the roof as their destination. Few people see them and they are both good at acting friendly like usual.

***

 

"Aren't you going to work?"

 

Yeri is coming out first when they arrive. She's wearing pretty clothes, styling her hair, and putting on some makeup, also her signature high heels, she looks perfect as a CEO's wife no matter how he sees her.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

He talks to her while taking off his coat as a cover for one of the benches and tells her to sit on it. 

 

"It's dirty. Your clothes I mean. I'm the one who's going to wash that."

 

He takes his coat back and waits for Yeri to sit next to him before wearing it again.

 

"The machine did it."

 

"But i'm the one who's operating it."

 

He looks at her once and laughs at her because she's being ridiculous, coming this far only to nag him about his clothes? 

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"I brought you lunch."

 

He's looking back at her when Yeri's voice becoming weaker means she's lying and he knows it very well. Her exact reason to come here wasn't that.

 

"Really?"

 

"No.."

 

And he can't help but feeling all soft when she's covering her face and taking off her precious high heels. It must be hard wearing that to walk so much.

 

"I don't know it was this bad. I thought I could help."

 

"What was bad?"

 

"That. You know.."

 

Yeri is a little bit surprised that Jungkook didn't get mad about it. 

 

"I was treated like that for months now. I think I'm getting used to it, besides,  I made them angry first."

 

"It's annoying."

 

"I am fine. I am so much more stressed dealing with you these days."

 

"You should've told me what was going on so I could understand. Everytime i asked you how's your day, how's your work, you only ever told me everything is fine, that I don't need to worry and you can handle everything. When reality is.."

 

Yeri has rights to gets upset, but in all honesty Jungkook did this because he is worried about her condition, she can barely have a normal well functioned live after she puts so much hard work on adapting on her life as his wife again, he doesn't want to ruin her efforts while dragging her into his problems.

 

"People hit me? "

 

"Humiliating you. You are my whole life and yet they treated you like nothing. I have the right to get upset so don't try to comfort me about this."

 

He finds her very beautiful and funny, every word she says feels like a night breeze, enough to make him calm and not too angry at his reality anymore.

 

"Then why didn't you stand up for me in front of him?"

 

He means it as a joke but Yeri seems to take it too seriously, she turns her face to him and now looking at him straight into his eyes.

 

"You were right, I don't think I can be any help. I was scared, something I did so recklessly will affect you in any way.. i used to be brave..but i'm not right now."

 

She takes his hands and holds it tight making him feel bad about what he said to her this morning. He shouldn't have said that.

 

"It's alright. I can handle this."

 

Yeri is not sure about his answer so she does nothing but holding his hands, playing with it and saying sorry to him.

 

"Because of you. I have a family now. I need to be responsible over a life I chose for us."

 

Even though it sounds like he did this for her, Yeri is aware this also his way to stay close with his parents, his dad mostly. 

 

"You sound so wise. Wow"

 

She gets up and quickly wipe her tears while waiting for him to follow her.

 

"I'll just buy you lunch. I'm here for that anyway."

 

She dragged him to walk and Jungkook's mood seemed better. 

 


***

 

Yeri is always someone people in this building can not ignore. Since Jungkook got married and introduced her as his wife, People are paying attention to her a lot.

 

Just like right now, they sat in a cafeteria because Yeri refused to go out for food. She also told him that she met with annoying people earlier who talked bad about her and she gets scared, can not even stand up for herself.  It's been years since the last time she actively came here, and she said she wants to feel comfortable like the old times again even though she is aware that his situation is different now. Having a lunch together with people paying attentions to them is one of her way to gain her comfort back.

 

"Mrs. Jeon, long time to see."

 

Someone is approaching her who just started with her food. Yeri seems thrilled, she gets up and gives her a light hug with a bright smile.

 

"Enjoy your lunch"

 

She even waved her hands to her when she left. Jungkook is doing nothing by watching her closely because he was worried before about her being here, but it seems like everything is perfect for her, she can adapt so well.

 

"I used to work here, remember? She helped me a lot before."

 

She seems to notice his stare and explains things to him even when he's not asking.

 

"Is the food okay?"

 

He talked to her again when he realized that she ate a lot, she doesn't usually eat heavy food at times like this, it is new for him.

 

"I love the food here, do you remember when I worked here and you refused to talk to me.. i ate this menu everyday and it made me feel a little bit less stressed."

 

She talks fast and it does remind him of the old times when his relationship with Yeri is so complicated and weird.

 

"Eat a lot then. I will probably come home late so don't wait for me and rest."

 

Yeri rested all her food and looked around before she brought herself closer to him.

 

"What are you going to do here? Is it more fun to play with me at home?"

 

People's eyes are looking at them the whole time and they are even more focused when Yeri is doing this. He rolled his eyes to her for what she just said.

 

"You saw it before. I made a mess, I need to do something." 

 

She's pouting her lips and back focusing her attention to her food but stopped again a few seconds later.

 

"Are you going to apologize to that man from before?"

 

"I probably need to go around and apologize to ten people or so.."

 

"A real apology or a manipulation?"

 

Yeri is asking the question half joking but Jungkook seems not to buy it and takes one spoon full of his food while staring at her. 

 

"The latter."

 

He answers her after all his food is gone and even though Yeri gets worried about him. She knows Jungkook is more capable than anyone to deal with this kind of thing.

 

"These days.. even when i'm working at the kindergarten, i get worried over you continuously, like really worried."

 

"Why?"

 

"Not sure, but I get nervous if you come home really late, looking so tired and crying in your sleep. Maybe I take my role as your wife too seriously? or maybe because i'm getting older?"

 

She sounds funny and cute talking very seriously about this. He laughs at her because of it and some people are noticing it. 

 

"Because when we were young, I would get angry if you came home late but I was never afraid or nervous. I was just annoyed.. while these days.."

 

"Yeah, I remember."

 

Yeri lifts her face to Jungkook when he seems to lose his focus over their conversation. His eyes are wandering and she can guess why he did that. He must be uncomfortable being seen with her like this, laughing and looking so happy while these people here are aware how much trouble he has in his hands right now.

 

"Everything is going to be fine. You just need to hear that from me."

 

She finished his food and even though she knows things are hard for Jungkook no matter how much she tries to ignore it she hopes her little word and support could mean something for him. 

 

"Right."

 

He finishes his food and so does Yeri so they both try to leave the place without making any unnecessary movements that are enough to make people pay them excessive attention. He holds her hands and helps her walk while Yeri is smiling to people who are friendly to her. 

 

That was hard, but she can manage and she is fine. Totally.

***

 

"That wasn't so bad."

 

Yeri is talking excitedly when they finally leave the cafeteria, Jungkook doesn't like the idea of her involving herself with his work again but he also thinks it’s actually good.

 

"Is it ok?"

 

"It was fine, see? I can do it. You did well at taking care of me for the past 4 months."

 

"You worked hard too."

 

"Then, invite me again, if you need someone to attend any public events like before. Let me do it.."

 

She shakes his arms a few times, pleading and it really hard to resist her at times like this, not to mention that he actually needs her to gain a positive exposure at him like before. He just said no before, because he was worried Yeri will feel like being used again, and also her health, her mental, her well being.

 

"You can attend when i'm also there. "

 

"Of course, i need to start somewhere."

 

She gives him a smile while hugging his arms and continues to walk when she suddenly stops. He looks at her to find out what is stopping her but even before he can ask her anything, she already runs away from him.

 

"Kim Yeri!"

 

He saw her entering the bathroom and he followed her without thinking much. She's inside the cubicle now but from the sounds only he is aware that she's having a hard time.

 

"Are you ok?" 

 

He knocks on her door but gets no response after a few minutes. And when she's back, the look on her eyes are very familiar, the tears, the pale face.

 

"I think it's because i ate too much."

 

"No, it's not."

 

"It is."

 

"You are not more important than my business, if i need to see this every time you're trying to help me, then what's the point?"

 

Jungkook takes an abrupt leave when someone is entering the bathroom, he hides his face while staring at the floor, avoiding their eyes and Yeri is chasing him immediately. She was fine, but why does she feel sick right now?

 

He's waiting for her outside and Yeri feels totally bad because it seems like all his worries have proven to be true. She's not helping at all and only adding more problems to him.

 

"Let's go to the hospital, right away. You shouldn't come here again. It's ruined you." 

 

He's trying to hold her hands, but she refused. She knows she was wrong to come here without letting him know before, but he doesn't need to get mad like this, she made an effort.

 

"I am fine."

 

"I can't deal with any more worries, please. I already have so much to…"

 

"I am fine. I don't blame you. And I never ask you to treat me as your responsibility, I'm not a kid."

 

She talks in a very rude way that she regrets it right away when Jungkook didn't even continue his words and only stood in front of her while looking so frustrated.

 

He is right though, he already has so many burdens on his shoulders she shouldn't have acting like this.

 

"I'll go alone. You said you need to do something."

 

She didn't wait for him to respond but walked away while sighing. Jungkook is not stopping her and she thinks it is good. She needs a break too.





****

 

"Nothing is wrong. I told you about this weeks ago."

 

His doctor said nothing is wrong with her depression, she stopped her treatment and no longer taking any medicine since two months ago. 

 

"Right? I knew it. It must be my body and not my brain."

 

"Your husband did an excellent job helping you, I barely do anything."

 

That's also true. Being the Jungkook's wife again is actually harder than she expected, everytime she was left alone at home she became someone who was lost and totally tortured by their past, she would call his doctor and Jungkook respectively while crying and he never failed to show up. He stays with her until Yeeun or her mom comes for her and goes back to work till really late.

She rarely sees him but she feels her life is normal when he's around. And those habits of having him is changing her for the better. It's better than any treatment and medicine just like what her doctor said.

 

"I also feel fine, i think i just ate too much..and my body can't handle it."

 

"You are healthy now, Yeri-ya. Nothing is wrong, when I first saw you two years ago,and you stopped coming to me, I never declared you as completely fine. But this time round, I can guarantee you, that you are done with this."

 

"Thank you for saying that."

 

"It's not just a word. It's science. It's time for you to move on.. to a future that you always dreamed of. You earned this."

 

Yeri feels thankful to hear this when she feels down like right now . This is the best thing she ever heard from him.

 

"You can just call me, you don't need to come here again. You are fine."

 

"Alright, i understand. Thank you so much."

 

She packs her bag and is ready to leave when her doctor is looking at her in an ambiguous way. She stares at him and asks what's wrong so he gets up to open the door for her.

 

"Try to visit the obgyn department."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"From the symptoms you just told me. Sensitivity and sickness is not always a sign of depression.."

 

Yeri definitely thought it was a joke. So she laughs at him while shaking her head.

 

"You are healthy enough to get pregnant again both mentally and physically. You will be fine."

 




 

Yeri is totally not feeling well after her hospital visit. She is sitting alone in the living room, eyes on a white plastic bag on the table. 

 

"Isn't it better to take the test every hour?"

 

She bought 5 test packs on her way home after feeling nervous and lowkey scared about being pregnant again.

Of course, she talks about this with Jungkook from time to time but she never came to a conclusion that she and him wanted to have a kid right now. 

 

She never forgets to take her pills, she does it very diligently and Jungkook knows it too, and he never stops her, means they are both in one vision about this .

 

She took one of the test kits and tried so hard to not expect too much, the results came out quick and it told her that she really is pregnant. She's repeated the process for 4 more times and the results are still the same from the first to the last one.

 

She is sitting on the floor when she can't deny her situation right now. She is happy actually, to feel the thrill and excitement again about having something growing inside you and knowing, later, it will become her most precious possession in the whole world.

She's staring at her phone, when it's beeping, a message is coming from Jungkook. And her excitement turns into fear right away. 

 

Jungkook won't probably happy about this. He sent her a message and kept calling her but Yeri was too busy dealing with her hospital visit and ended up ignoring him. He has so many problems already, having a pregnant wife and a baby 9 months later won't probably make him better.

 

"What did i do?"

 

And that short time of happiness is becoming regrets in seconds. She's crying not of joy but of fears.