Chapter Four: The Chocolate

Keeping Up With The Jungs

Author's Note: This was inspired by incorrect lipsoul's tweet: https://twitter.com/lipsoulquotes/status/1248978723883253760

 

Jinsol couldn’t take the hunger and the noise her stomach makes. She finally decided to grab something in the kitchen. But before she left the bed, she planted a quick kiss on her sleeping wife’s forehead. 

She lousily scratches her stomach while walking towards their kitchen. Jinsol made sure not to make footsteps noises as her daughter and wife were sleeping peacefully. She let out a loud sigh, sign that she’s still sleepy. As she opened the fridge, she was silently hoping there’s water on it. 

Luckily for her, there’s more than enough bottles standing in the very corner part of the fridge. She reaches her hand inside, but before you could get a bottle, there’s a small candy-like package lying freely in the middle part of the fridge that caught her attention. Jinsol narrowed her eyes to read the tiny writings on it. The first word that caught her eyes was the word chocolate. The corner of her lips raises. 

She grabs it along with a bottle of water. She opened the chocolate, ate it, and threw the packaging in the trash bin immediately. Jinsol waited until she finished the chocolate before gulping the water in one go. 

She then came back to their bed, embracing Jungeun from behind, brushing her nose to her wife’s nape. She ended up sleeping deeply after a few seconds. 

 

NEXT MORNING

 

“Where have you been?” Jinsol asked Jungeun, who just came back to their house. Jungeun closes the door while greeting her wife with a wide and bright smile. 

“Trash,” Jungeun replied. She walked towards Jinsol and kissed her wife’s cheeks. This is how they say their good mornings to each other.

Every Monday and Thursday of the week, a garbage truck always comes to visit the city to collect trash every morning. 

Jinsol nodded then threw herself to the sofa in their living room. She opens the television to watch some news. Jungeun on the other side is assigned to cook breakfast every morning. This has always been their morning routine since they got married. 

Actually, Jinsol has always been the one who cooks for both of them since they dated. After a few talks and after Jungeun convinced her wife, Jungeun resigned being a hero to the country and decided to become a fulltime mother and wife. Jinsol was against it at first but ended up giving in. Jungeun won’t stop convincing her until she says yes, the main reason why Jinsol gave in.

After a few minutes of silence, there was a sudden loud thud of kitchenware from the kitchen that grabs Jinsol’s attitude. “What was that?” She asked as if Jungeun was almost killed.

Jungeun raised half of her face to Jinsol’s sight, looking annoyed. “I can’t find it,” Jungeun exclaimed.

“Find what?” Jinsol quickly rushed to Jungeun’s side, hands on her waist, looking down to her wife, who is now arranging the kitchenware in the drawer.

“The chocolate,” Jungeun replied.

Jinsol frowned. Who the hell on Earth would submerge in the kitchen to find the—Wait. “I ate it.” Jinsol flatly replied as she walked back to the living room.

“You what!?” Jungeun’s voice raised an octave. 

Jinsol sits cross legs, looking back at Jungeun over her shoulder. “I ate it.” 

“You fuc—” Jungeun shakes her head aggressively. “Why would you do that?” 

“Because I’m hungry, honey.” The taller woman turned to another channel.

“I mean...” Jungeun is already standing next to Jinsol, hands are now on her waists. Her eyes are burning with anger. “Why would you eat something that isn’t yours?” Veins are now showing on Jungeun’s forehead. 

Jinsol looked up at her, blinked a couple of times before saying, “That’s our fridge. So basically, whatever’s inside is ours. That’s why I thought I was allowed to.”

As Jungeun hears Jinsol’s explanation, she cannot help but tighten her grip to her waists. “You gotta be kidding me! Choerry spent her own money to buy me that chocolate.” 

“Own money? She has a business now?” 

“What—? No. It’s from her savings from the school festival.”

“Oh,” Jinsol looks back at the TV. There was silence after that. After a minute or two had passed, Jinsol suddenly spoke up. “You’re acting like a whiny baby, Lippie.” She said flatly.

Jungeun’s eyes opened widely when she was taken aback of what Jinsol just said. She gasped her fist tightly until her knuckles turned white. “I am not acting!” She shouted. She then half-walks, half-dashes, towards their bedroom. 

Jungeun slammed the door loudly. She hopes it’s loud enough to wake up Jinsol’s conscience.

Jinsol followed Jungeun by sight. She shifted her attention back to the TV when she cannot see Jungeun at the stairs anymore. Jinsol then muted the TV. 

Jinsol just sits there quietly, waiting as she changes the channels from one to another. There was a long silence around the room. When a minute of silence passed, Jinsol swiftly jumped from the sofa then dashed to the kitchen. She rummages the trash bin to look for chocolate. Jinsol cursed under her breath when she realized that Jungeun just threw the garbage this morning. She stood up, hands on her side. She closed her eyes, inhaled deeply, concentrating to lessen her aura. She doesn’t want Jungeun to know what she's about to do.

She was looking for the garbage truck from their balcony and saw it parked at the gate that separates City Z to City Y. Jinsol vanishes her body aura then she jumps from their balcony. Jinsol landed on the street airily from the 20th floor, where their house is at. Jinsol uses her adrenaline power as she runs towards the garbage truck. It only consumed her seconds before she reached the area. 

“Miss Jinsol!” The garbage collectors greeted her when they saw her presence walking towards them. They waved their hands too.

“Good morning, everyone.” Jinsol bowed. “I’m sorry to disturb you but I badly needed something to search from the truck.” 

The collectors looked at each other, confused. “Trash? Why?”

“I know it’s big trouble for you so I could search it myself. If you don’t mi—” 

“No, no, no.” The head collector quickly cut Jinsol’s words. He cannot afford to see the person who saved his life rummaging the trash in their truck. “I’ll look for it for you. First things first, what’s the color of your plastic bag?” 

“Uh...eh…” Jinsol looked up, finger on her cheek, as she tried to remember the color of the plastic from yesterday night’s event. “Red.” She replied. 

The head collector laughed looking at the woman then he nodded. He quickly searched for the plastic bag from their truck immediately. 

“Why red?” One of the collectors asked.

“My wife loves red,” Jinsol replied. 

“Here!” The head collector suddenly announced as he threw the plastic bag outside. 

Jinsol didn’t wait for anyone. She quickly opened the plastic and searched for the chocolate package. Her heart almost exploded due to happiness when she finally saw it. She quickly grabs the packaging and fishes it inside her pocket. 

The other collector throws the plastic bag back to the truck. “What was that?” 

“This?” Jinsol shows them the tiny candy-like chocolate packaging. “This is my life.”

“Your life?” They all asked in unison. They are all confused as to why Jinsol called the chocolate packaging her life. 

“This chocolate represents my life,” Jinsol answered truthfully. “If I can’t bring this back, I'm dead.” 

The collectors looked at each other than at Jinsol in confusion. 

“Anyways, thanks for everything.” Jinsol smiled at them. “Bye,” then she vanished in front of them in a blink of an eye. 

 

NEXT MORNING

 

The doorbell rang. “Hold on!” Jungeun shouted from inside. She turned off the stove before proceeding to the door. 

“Hi! Good morning! Is this the Jung residence?” A delivery guy greeted Jungeun after she opened the door.

“Yeah,” Jungeun replied.

The delivery guy suddenly offered Jungeun a paper. “Please sign this form to confirm that you received the package.” 

“I’m sorry but we didn’t order anything.” As far as Jungeun remembers, they didn’t order anything these past few months. 

The guy looked at his cellphone again. “Does Jung Jinsol live here?” 

“Yeah,” 

“The package was ordered by her yesterday.” The guy said. “She strictly instructed us to deliver this to you.” 

“Oh, okay,” Jungeun said. She grabs the form from the delivery guy. Jungeun saw the name of the company in the upper left corner of the paper. Jung Courier Services. She sighed. The power of Jungs. Imagined, she just ordered everything yesterday but it was already delivered today. If this isn’t Jung Jinsol, it will take a few more days before it will be delivered to their house. 

Jungeun signed the form to make it short. After a few minutes, the delivery guy left her with three huge trucks of she-doesn’t-have-any-idea-what’s-inside-it. 

Jungeun decides to open one truck to find out what’s inside as her curiosity kicks in. She slides the door up and it was too late for her to react when tons of chocolates pour heavily at her. Jungeun had a hard time escaping from the mountain of chocolates. She holds her breath as she swims up. Jungeun gasps for air when her head successfully escapes from the chocolates. Jungeun grabs one of it and narrows her eyes to read what these things are. But was completely dumbfounded when she realized it was the chocolate Choerry gave to her the other day. The same chocolate Jinsol ate yesterday. 

Jungeun clenches her fists, veins pop up on her temples. The with these rich people! Jungeun thought. 

 “JINSOOOOOOOOL!” Jungeun shouted at the top of her lungs. “Wake the hell up before I kick your !” 

 

Note: I hope you like this new chapter!!!! Have a nice day and be safe always! :)