Chapter One: She said "No."

Keeping Up With The Jungs

Jinsol carefully put the groceries to the counter from her basket. She didn’t notice the unusual expression on the cashier’s face. The cashier recognized Jinsol. Why wouldn’t she? When Jinsol is one of the Jungs they are searching for about a year now. The cashier fished her cellphone from the small drawer in the counter and texted her connections to tell them the location where she found one of the Jungs. 

“How much?” 

She almost throws her phone somewhere when Jinsol abruptly speaks. Jinsol was innocently looking at the cashier while waiting for her answer. 

“I’m sorry,” The cashier replied. “I didn’t start yet.” She then started scanning all of the goods Jinsol brought. She stares between Jung and the monitor. She noticed Jung’s face and concluded the girl didn’t know what was happening. “It’s 210 dollars.” She announced.

Jinsol opened her purse and fished 3 pieces of hundred dollars. She immediately grabs the bag and exits the store. But the cashier called her name before she could totally get out. “What?” She deadpans.

“Your change.” The cashier shows her hand in Jinsol’s sight, holding the change. 

“Oh,” Jinsol scratches her head. She then came back to the store and got the change from the cashier’s hand. “She’s going to kill me if I forgot about this.” 

“Who’s going to kill you?” The cashier asked, knowing she would cross the line. She expected Jung would ignore her, so she was kinda surprised when she got an answer from the woman. She knew the blonde girl has a family now. And they are all wanted. Not because they committed a crime or what, but because they are the richest family in the country. Next to them are the Has. But what makes the Jungs so special is that they are also the most powerful human beings in the country. They have supernatural powers not no one on Earth could pass them. 

“My wife.” Jinsol smiled at her, walking across the door. “Thanks, though.” Jinsol didn’t wait for a response as she immediately left the store. She’s carrying two bags of groceries as she walks on her way home. 

Jinsol looked up at the sky and saw the sun was about to set. It’s almost dinner time and yet, she’s still forty-four blocks away from their home. Should she use her power to get there early? No. That’s not gonna happen. Her wife will kill her if she does that in this busy city. 

Jinsol and her family are currently residing in an abandoned city, the City Z. 

After minutes passed, Jinsol was already in the City Z now. She closes the gate that separates City Z from City Y. She opens a drink then slurps it using a straw. She’s almost there. 

“Jung Jinsol! Stop right there!” 

“Uh—?” Jinsol turned her head to where she heard the voice. She saw three bulk men. The two were carrying bats, the other one was carrying a gun, pointed at her. “Do I know you?”

“We are here to kidnap you!” One of the men announced. 

“Eh?” Jinsol tilted her head, confused. She slurps her drink loudly. 

The two men were also confused when they saw the reaction from the woman they planned to kidnap. “Come with us peacefully or we will kill you!” They shouted. 

“Okay, hold on.” Jinsol grabs her phone from her comfort shorts. “Let me ask my wife first.” She quickly dialed her wife’s number before the men could even talk again. 

Of course, the three men are confused as to why Jung calls her wife about it when they already surrounded her. Maybe... she’ll tell her wife they are going to kidnap Jung. No, not gonna happen. “It’s not a choice—”

“Yeah,” Jinsol cut his words. She was seriously talking to the person from the other line. “They're here to kidnap me. Yeah. Yeah. Okay.” Jinsol hung up the call and shifted her attention to the men in front of her. “She said no.

The three men look at each other, confused. They laugh after a few seconds of realizing what just happened. “You gotta be kidding me!” One of the men said. He grips the bat tightly and walks towards Jinsol’s direction, attempting to scare the woman. The other two men followed him, swinging the bat, loading the gun. 

But Jinsol didn’t bother. She was even more annoyed by the fact that she already finished her drink. She then turned to continue walking towards their home. The men behind her run faster towards her direction to do what they have planned, when Jinsol swings her hand to her back, causing a huge impact, like a huge bomb exploded, throwing the three men miles away to the sky.

The smoke from the scene behind Jinsol causes her to sneeze. She wipes her nose using the back of her hand. “I told you my wife said no.” She muttered under her breath, deadpan, and didn't really care what just happened. She continued her track towards her home.