016

My Friendly Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He said he’s here already,” Dahyun told Tzuyu and Chaeyoung as she glanced at the notification in her phone.

“We’re almost done, just gonna let you wear these earrings,” Tzuyu replied as she laid the final touch on Dahyun’s look.

Both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung then took a step back and their lips curved into bright smiles.

“Really pretty,” Tzuyu exclaimed.

“Taehyung’s really lucky he got you,” Chaeyoung nodded, “And you’re really lucky you got us to make you extra stunning.”

Excitedly, Dahyun made her way to the full body mirror. Her jaw dropped upon seeing how both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu made a marvelous job of dolling her up from head to toe. The long red dress perfectly hugged her body. It bared her shoulders and exposed part of her back. It was neither too revealing nor too provocative, but just enough to highlight her milky white skin. Her hair flowed down in natural waves, and the dangling pearl earrings complimented the length of her neck and the glitters on her dress. Her makeup wasn’t too dark, but with just enough colors to emphasize her facial structure.

Dahyun grinned widely and turned to her friends, “Thank you so much.”

It was the day for the year-end party of Taehyung’s workplace, but it was also the first formal event that the two were attending as a couple. They always had casual dates, so Dahyun wanted to take the opportunity to look extra gorgeous. She asked help from both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, and the three of them settled with the plan that Dahyun would stay in Chaeyoung’s place for the whole day, and Taehyung would just fetch her before the party at night.

“Let’s go. Your lover’s waiting,” Chaeyoung winked which made all of them giggle.

The two girls helped Dahyun walk out of the house, and even went with her to greet Taehyung who was already waiting in front. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu exchanged knowing looks and silly grins when they saw how mesmerized Taehyung was upon laying his eyes on Dahyun.

His dreamy eyes made it seem like he just discovered one of the newest wonders of the world.

But Dahyun herself was speechless.

Even if she had been spending almost each day with Taehyung, she could still not believe how handsome he could get every time. With a suit and necktie on and with his dark hair neatly swept back, Dahyun could feel her heartbeat racing.

Too gorgeous.

“If you two are just gonna stare at each other the whole night, you’re going to be late for the event,” Tzuyu stated, halting the trance that both Taehyung and Dahyun were in.

Dahyun gave Tzuyu a mocking glare which made Chaeyoung scrunch her nose and laugh.

Taehyung chuckled as well before opening the car door for Dahyun, “Come on.”

Both Dahyun and Taehyung then beamed at her two friends and they thanked them before bidding them farewell.

Dahyun roamed her eyes in the car as Taehyung started driving.

“Where did you get this?” she asked, “I thought we were going with Jimin or something.”

“I rented it for tonight,” Taehyung replied, “Don’t want to let Jimin third wheel.”

She chortled before noting, “This is very comfy.”

“Do you want me to buy a car?” Taehyung asked.

“No,” she shook her head, “You like commuting and I’m fine with that as well.”

“Besides, you told me that you are saving for something, right?” Dahyun added.

“Ahhh,” Taehyung exclaimed, a grin forming on his lips, “That’s right.”

“You still wouldn’t tell me what it is?” she furrowed her brows.

“Just something,” Taehyung shrugged, “Something for our future.”

Our future.

Guilt slowly consumed Dahyun as she repeated Taehyung’s words in her head.

He’s already thinking about a future for the two of us.

While I don’t even know how to tell him that I have to leave in a year’s time.

Taehyung already has plans of what we would be, while I don’t even know what am I supposed to do when I asked to come back home.

A quiet sigh escaped her lips as she averted her gaze to the window. She laid her back on her seat, as she observed the cityscape.

She remembered the fear that came with her decision to study in the city. Truly, she was determined to pursue interior design for whatever it takes, yet that did not eradicate the fact that she felt like she was delving into the unknown.

It was her first time leaving far from her family. She didn’t have anyone to rely on. All she could use to cope was the courage that she had. Yet, there were countless times that she was frustrated.

I even cried out of frustration because I kept on getting lost.

However, time showed her all the beauty that the place had. She learned to hear the music beneath the noise. She developed wonderful relationships, including ones with whom she thought she would never get close to. She also met the first person who made her fall in love.

The place that she had once feared became a treasure trove of memories.

But she felt a dull ache in her heart as she remembered that sooner or later, she would have to say goodbye.

Dahyun turned to Taehyung as the pain continued growing in her chest.

I’ll just be like any other person in his life who abandoned him.

He’ll regret loving me because I will break his heart.

“Hey, you’re staring,” Taehyung commented, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.

Dahyun beamed, masking all the chaos in her head, and replied, “I was thinking of all the beautiful sceneries in this city.”

She raised both of her hands, doing an L-shape with her thumbs and her pointers, before putting them together.

“But this scenery is still my favorite,” she added with a grin as she looked at Taehyung through her made-up frame.

Taehyung showed an endearing smile — one which showed that he was embarrassed, yet he liked the compliment at the same time.

“It’s so unfair. You can stare at me all you want but I need to keep my eyes on the road,” he faked a complaint with a pout.

Dahyun chortled at him before pinching his cheek.

Taehyung grinned back but then he promised, “Wait for us to arrive at the party and I’ll hold you and look at you all night long.”

And indeed, Taehyung stayed true to his promise. He accompanied Dahyun, all night long.

There was some confusion among others who still remembered Dahyun to be Jimin’s date at the year-end party that happened two years ago, but Taehyung was quick to correct them all that Dahyun came with him this time.

“She’s my girlfriend,” Taehyung said over and over again, like a badge he wore with honor.

Everyone sincerely congratulated the both of them as they adored the proud smile and blushing cheeks that Taehyung would have everytime he would show-off Dahyun as his partner.

Since Taehyung was not that sociable at work, not everyone knew that he was already dating. In fact, it was the first time that Taehyung was introducing Dahyun to everyone in his workplace as his girlfriend. The year-end party the year before would have been the earliest opportunity for them but Dahyun fell ill at that time.

He knew that his dating status was not something that needed a public announcement, yet, his heart still swelled with happiness every time he would claim Dahyun as his to love.

Taehyung was extra showy in skinship that evening, and not even Jimin stood a chance to spend quality time with Dahyun alone.

When music started to play and the dance floor was opened for everyone to enjoy, Taehyung wasted no time in asking Dahyun to come with him. Both of them were laughing at each other as they had a mini-showdown of their own silly dance moves. They were so engrossed with each other’s presence that they were even unaware of how people were looking at them with amused gazes and endearing smiles.

The song playing then changed into one with a slow rhythm.

Taehyung took Dahyun’s hands and guided it to the back of his shoulders while his own rested on her waist.

His gaze traced every feature of her face, drinking every detail.

“You’re staring,” Dahyun exclaimed.

He grinned before replying, “Just getting back at what you did on our way here. It’s my turn to stare now. I’ll keep staring at you until you melt.”

She snorted before asking, “What are you thinking?”

He leaned in to her ears and whispered, “I’m thinking of all the ways I can take that red dress off of you.”

Dahyun then laughed, turning her eyes into crescent slits — and it was Taehyung that melted at the beauty in front of him.

No matter how many days I spend with Dahyun, I will always be enchanted by her smiles.

I will just keep falling for her more.

And I don’t know how to be grateful enough that she chose to love me,

And to receive the overflowing love that I have for her.

A contented sigh escaped Taehyung’s lips as he pulled Dahyun closer towards him.

“I’m so in love with you, Dahyun,” he confessed in a whisper.

Dahyun then met his gaze and saw how his eyes twinkled with glee.

“Please stay with me forever,” he told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter