014

My Friendly Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re kidding, right?” Taehyung stared at her.

“I’m not sure,” Dahyun truthfully answered, “But I wish I am.”

She sighed before explaining, “Besides my mom, I’m the only girl in the family so everyone tends to be overprotective when it comes to me. I mean, I needed to wage a war to study here.”

Taehyung then slowly nodded his head before asking, “So what do we do?”

“I’m sorry, Taehyung,” Dahyun sadly exclaimed, “But we have to pretend that we are not together for the meantime.”

Dahyun’s suggestion entailed immediately erasing any clue of her dating. Taehyung had to take the spare toothbrush and towel he had in her bathroom, his share in their couple mug sitting in her dish rack, and the clothes he had in her closet and laundry. They even had to clean and take out the trash, just to be sure that every corner was free of anything that would arise suspicion.

“Are we done?” Dahyun huffed as she placed her hands on her waist.

“I think so,” Taehyung answered before laying his eyes on her. He blinked before exclaiming, “But you’re still wearing my shirt.”

“Oh,” Dahyun gasped before saying, “I probably need to take a bath too. I bet I smell like you because of last night.”

“Fortunately, I controlled myself enough to place any mark on your neck,” Taehyung nodded to himself.

Dahyun then slapped his arm before blushing, making Taehyung chuckle.

“I should probably go,” Taehyung whispered as he encircled his arms on her waist, “Before your brothers come.”

“Hmmm,” Dahyun hummed and nodded. She s her arms towards his neck as she said, “I’ll miss you.”

Taehyung beamed before suggesting, “You have to give me a good kiss, then. One that I could keep until we freely date again.”

Dahyun smiled as she pulled him closer towards him and tiptoed. Taehyung lowered himself to meet her lips. With the way Dahyun led the kiss, Taehyung could barely remember the Dahyun that was still being experimental on moving her lips against his – the Dahyun that was still new to responding to his advances.

He was glad to make this change in Dahyun – in letting her learn how to express her wants and burning passion. He was beyond ecstatic too, to be the one in the receiving end of this progress.

Dahyun ended the kiss with a loud smooch before kissing him again with a soft peck.

Taehyung smiled at her, letting his forehead rest against hers as he said, “I’ll wait for you.”

 

 

As soon as she saw her brothers at the bus station, Dahyun couldn’t help but grin widely as her heat leapt in joy. She waved her hands at them enthusiastically. Seokjin widened his eyes as he spotted her, and he shouted her name while waving his arms in the way that called the attention of the crowd between them. Dahyun laughed at his oldest brother and as soon as she did so, she found Yoongi finally showing his gummy smile.

“I miss you, our Dahyunnie,” Jin rushed to give her a bear hug.

“You talk like I didn’t go home in the New Year break,” Dahyun retorted.

“Do you think it’s enough to see you just once a year?” Jin scolded her, “We used to see you in our house every day!”

“Cut her some slack from your sermons,” Yoongi grunted, “We just saw her.”

“That’s right,” Dahyun nodded before pouting. She cheekily grinned before turning to Yoongi and jumping at him to give him an equally excruciating hug.

“I hate hugs but I’m letting you off this time,” Yoongi groaned.

Dahyun chortled, before asking him, “Did you miss me too?”

“Of course not,” Yoongi answered but he was already hugging her back.

Dahyun beamed, letting herself melt at her brother’s embrace.

She grew to love her new place – the noise of the city, the bustling crowd, her cozy place, the variety of food, and the people who surrounded her. Yet, she couldn’t deny that there was still a part of her heart that yearned to be with her family.

“Let’s get to your place,” Jin exclaimed, “We have more than a week to judge your life here.”

“I told you that I am living fine!” Dahyun started arguing as she walked with her brothers towards her apartment.

 

 

Taehyung perfectly knew that it was impossible to be with Dahyun twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week because Dahyun still had her classes and she even goes home to her province for holidays. He was well aware that her life did not revolve around him – she was free to spend her time in other things and with other people.

Besides, he was well aware that he was not the sole source of her happiness.

Relationship was not a mode of acquisition of a person. Dahyun has her own life to live.

But days without a trace of her had made Taehyung realize how greatly they had interwoven their lives. The walk from the bus stop towards his apartment seemed to be tiring than usual. The other side of the bed became emptier than it looks. His unit was more quiet than he remembered it to be.

Dahyun’s absence made Taehyung realize that a life without Dahyun was still possible – but it was a life that he would not choose to have.

He was well-capable of having good days, but it was only Dahyun who had the power to turn every mundane moment to a special one. Her presence seemed like the secret ingredient that made everything better.

“Even grocery shopping was special when I’m with her,” he whispered to himself as he got a box of chocopies to put in his cart. He sighed, as it had been a full week since Dahyun and him pretended to be single.

They did not fail to exchange messages and photos to check on each other, but even their calls were limited. He could only call when she was not at home for her brothers not to overhear.

A pout formed on his lips as he longed to enjoy Dahyun’s warm hugs and kisses.

However, his reverie was interrupted when he heard a familiar voice.

“Isn’t this too much?”

He turned to find Dahyun with her brothers at the other aisle. From the pictures that Dahyun had shown him, Taehyung knew that it was Yoongi who was pushing the cart while it was Jin who was being glared at by Dahyun.

“What do you mean too much? This might even be not enough for you to eat healthily for a month,” Jin replied.

“You are going to kill me with organic food,” Dahyun complained.

“Organic food is meant to make you live longer, not kill you,” Jin retorted, “Give yourself a rest from the cup noodles in your cupboard.”

“There are cup noodles in my cupboard for emergency!” Dahyun exclaimed, “I really cook when I can!”

“We’ve been here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter