Chapter 7: Articulate Lies

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What do you mean by that?” 

Soojin lowered her head. 

“I don’t really know. All I know is that Yuqi is important to my master.”

The main door opens, revealing Yuqi. She went to have her shift at the cafe after Shuhua and Soojin arrived but came back as quickly as she could. She’s not that empathetic towards others but it still worries her that someone fainted in their home.

“Why is a demon still in our house?” Yuqi says upon seeing Soojin.

Shuhua stands up to meet up with Yuqi. 

“She’s friends with Soyeon so she’s waiting for her to wake up.”

Soojin leaves her seat too. Seeing the conflict forming in the air, Soojin sees it’s best not to add more stress in the situation. Opting out to leave is her best option.

“I think I’ll go. Just give me a call when she’s awake and I’ll come back to pick her up.”

Shuhua is quick to give her attention back on Soojin.

“You don’t have to go. Yuqi’s just being a worrywart.”

“I am not!”

“You are!”

“May I just point out that there is a mortal living in this house and it’s not good to expose her to demons like her!” 

Yuqi points at Soojin. The demon raises her arms up in the air.

“Hey, look I have self-control so please don’t treat me as if I’m a rabid dog everyone should keep an eye on.”

Yuqi shrugs.

“Whatever, I’m going to my room.”

Yuqi stomps her feet towards hers and Shuhua’s shared room.

“Soyeon is there,” Shuhua warns.

“I’ll go to the kitchen instead,” Yuqi huffs.

She marches back and heads to the kitchen. Soojin tries to hold back her laughter prompting Yuqi to raise her finger, gesturing for her to shut up. Soojin complied eventually. 

“She’s something,” Soojin says.

Shuhua nods gently.

“She is.”

Shuhua focuses back on Soojin now that Yuqi is sulking in the kitchen.

“Thank you for keeping what I told you a secret,” Soojin says sincerely.

Shuhua, however, shakes her head. Her friend is too smart and will figure out things eventually. She’s doing this in the sake of keeping peace as much as possible with all the ruckus that happened.

“She’s gonna realize the Devil’s intentions soon. It will be just a matter of some time and let me tell you. She’s one hell of a force to reckon with when she’s annoyed.”

Soojin nods.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

Shuhua finally cracks a smile. 

“I’ll call you when the Devil wakes up.”

“Please call my friend, Soyeon, from now on. As much as it sounds weird they prefer it.”

“I will.”

Shuhua leads the succubus with a smile plastered on her face. She’s quick to come to her senses though and goes to the kitchen. Yuqi is waiting at the kitchen counter holding a glass of milk.

“Is the demon gone?” 

Shuhua nods. She proceeds on walking towards Yuqi and sits beside her. Yuqi passes her the milk carton which she quickly poured into a glass.

“The girl in our bedroom…”

Shuhua hums to acknowledge Yuqi’s words.

“What about her?” 

“She’s something else isn’t she?”

Shuhua sharply takes a breath. Yuqi notes this but doesn’t say a word.

“I don’t really know,” she lies. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter