Chapter 4: Onward

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shuhua gasps upon hearing Soojin’s words. As a deity her identity is well protected from other creatures. It’s supposed to remain unknown even with the eyes of demons, like the succubus in front of her. 

“How did you know?”

Soojin grins.

“A little snake told me.”

Shuhua stares at Soojin. She ponders on the possible sources of Soojin’s knowledge but eventually gives up. She sighs before finally speaking up.

“No one must know.”

“Is that a threat?”

Soojin scoffs and this irritates Shuhua. She gives the succubus a pointed look. 

“It’s just a warning. I will never threaten anyone.”

A smile remains on Soojin’s face.

“I guess my track records with deities like you say otherwise. Anyway, I don’t really plan on telling anyone. That either makes me crazy or that blows my cover too.”

Shuhua finally releases a sigh of relief. 

“That’s good to hear. I have a question though.”

“Shoot.”

“How long have you been roaming around the earth?”

Soojin suddenly freezes on her seat. Her gaze seems distant. Shuhua had to look behind her to check what Soojin’s looking at. She sees that it’s the sleeping girl from their class. 

“Do you know her?” 

Soojin finally snaps out of her trance. She meets Shuhua’s gaze.

“No, not on a personal level. What was your question again?”

Shuhua repeats her question easily. Soojin hums.

“So?”

“I’ve been around since I can remember. I don’t exactly know for how long but it’s been a while.”

Shuhua nods as she takes in the information. 

“Don’t succubi have a certain period of time wherein they remain as succubi?”

Soojin shrugs.

“I don’t know.”

Shuhua finally stops herself from asking further questions. As much as she’s curious about the demon in front of her. She is still a demon. Deities like her aren’t supposed to have a bond with them. It will just cause serious problems.

Shuhua pretends to look at her watch. Soojin immediately catches on though.

“You know if you want to leave that’s totally fine with me. You don’t have to make silly excuses.”

Shuhua’s face reddened after being caught.

“I…”

Soojin patiently waits for Shuhua to continue. 

“It’s just that we’re not supposed to talk to each other.”

Soojin shrugs.

“I’m pretty sure a rule like that doesn’t exist.”

Shuhua drops her head.

“Isn’t that what it’s just supposed to be? Deities, like me, and Demons, like you, aren’t meant to be in the same realm.”

Soojin reaches out for Shuhua and lifts her face up.

“You know, in this realm. We demons and deities like you don't matter. We co-exist with mortals. The rules that you think apply in your realm doesn’t really apply here. In this realm you can be anyone you want.”

Shuhua sighs. She looks at Yuqi’s direction and sees the disapproving look she’s been giving her. She decides to pull away from Soojin’s touch. 

“I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter