Chapter 3: Meeting You

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Shuhua wanted to go to earth she really had no plans. All she wanted to do was to interact with mortals and observe their daily lives. She didn’t even know where she’d live or how she’d survive. 

It’s a good thing Yuqi who’s quite familiar with the mortal realm plans a lot. Yuqi suggested they stick to the plan that Shuhua is a student while she works at a cafe nearby Shuhua’s chosen university. As a deity who loathes long travels, Shuhua picked the university closest to Minnie’s house.  

Now here she is, inside the music department. She’s now a third year music major. The university ground isn’t that big but a student can get lost if they’re really bad at directions.  That being said, Shuhua is now late after going back and forth between buildings. 

Upon entering the classroom, Shuhua lets out a sigh of relief. There’s no old professor teaching on the board yet. She scans the room to find the best seat to observe people without too much attention. She picks the seat right at the center. 

To her front were college girls who loved to gossip about the guys on their left. On her back were a couple of men who are playing their guitars. On the most right corner was a petite person who’s sleeping with her earphones on. 

A slam on her desk makes Shuhua look back in front of her. Her eyes narrow upon seeing who it is. It’s the girl from a couple of days ago. The one who caught her when she fell.

“Nice to see you here again.”

Shuhua silently watches when the girl takes the seat beside her.

“Not much of a talker?”

“No, I’m just not used to talking to new people.”

People in general.

That’s mostly true, all Shuhua had were Miyeon and Yuqi to talk to. Other deities, specifically members of the council, have the particular knack to make it seem like she’s never there. The Sun God, despite being her “father” didn’t pay much attention to her either. 

“Is that so?” 

Shuhua hums. 

The teacher suddenly comes in and every student returns back to their seat. Even the girl sleeping at the back had woken up. Shuhua expects that their conversation will be over. She had a mentor before and it’s expected of her to respect them. Talking with your peers is an act of defiance. The girl seems to not have the same mindset as hers though.

“Mrs. Park is boring.”

“What?”

“I had Mrs. Park last year too. She teaches in a really slow tone. She reminds me of a turtle to be honest.”

Shuhua’s eyes widened.

“Okay?”

“I bet the girl at the back can teach modern music better than her.”

Shuhua looks behind her. The girl who was sleeping at the back is now awake and listening. She shrugs then puts her attention back on the board. Her seatmate is not yet done though.

“Why did you transfer?”

Shuhua’s eyes narrow. She doesn’t really understand what the girl means. 

“You don’t seem to be that old to me to be returning back to college. I’m assuming you transferred here?”

Shuhua nods.

“Sort of, I’m part of the exchange student program.”

“Oh, you’re part of that?”

“Yeah.”

“That must be why you don’t talk much?”

“Pardon?”

“Is it because of the language barrier?”

Shuhua is beyond insulted by the stranger’s words. She’s a deity. She can speak any language she wants to. She simply doesn’t really know how to interact with her. 

“I can perfectly understand Korean.”

“Your tone seems foreign though.”

“Maybe because I am?”

Finally they’re forced to hush it down when Mrs. Park calls them out for being too loud. Shuhua learns that the girl’s name is Seo Soojin. Mrs. Park made sure to mention her name with a hard tone. 

Soojin continued to talk to her but she zoned her out most of the time. Soojin finally stopped blabbering when she realized she wouldn't get any response from her. 

For a while Shuhua had peace, well not until the bell rang. 

“Where’s your next class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter