Chapter 1: Descend

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dark skies that never seem to change. Red clay scattered on the floor like sand in the dessert. Blue fire lit in the center of the room gives light but not warmth. The room is nothing but a cold and empty place. This is the Succubus’ home. 

Soojin observes her long black fingernails. She’s bored to death, alone in this empty room. She wishes she could die and end her misery once and for alld but she can’t and she never will. It’s her curse to live forever in a form of a succubus, a creatures that delights themselves on feeding off of other people’s soul. She wonders how many centuries had passed since she became like this.

Hollow and vile.

A rumble on the entrance of the hall makes Soojin sit up straight. The devil herself walks in. Her body is drenched with blood. The devil can take any form she wants but right now she’s in the form of a lady who seems to be in her early-20’s named Soyeon. 

“Princess of Darkness,” Soojin acknowledges her master.  

Soyeon walks towards the center of the room. The blue fire has now turned purple due to the devil’s own preference of color. Soyeon begins playing with the tips of the now purple flames, blood dripping from her fingers. The flames extinguish each time a drop of blood touches it. It amuses the devil so much she used all 10 of her fingers to play with it.  Soojin scoffs at this.

“To what I owe the pleasure of you visiting my chamber?” Soojin asks.

“Have you heard the rumors from the angels?” Soyeon asks back. 

Sooojin’s interest is pique.

“What rumors?”

“The Goddess of the Moon is descending from heaven to walk on the surface of the earth,” Soyeon starts.

“For how long?”

Soyeon shrugs.

“I don’t really know. I don’t really care…” 

Soyeon pauses and looks directly at Soojin’s eyes.

“But you might.”

Soojin’s nose scrunches. In the Devil’s realm, she’s been the least creature to care for anyone or anything. Why would she care now? 

Soyeon notices the shift in Soojin’s look.

“She carries information that you hold valuable.”

Soojin shakes her head in defiance.

“Nothing is valuable to me.” 

Soyeon grimaces.

“She knows who you are. Everything about you. She was there when your punishment was executed,” Soyeon says.

“How do you know this?” Soojin asks. 

Soyeon gazes down. She removes her hands from the flames and it turns back to blue. She crosses her arms over her chest.  

“It doesn’t matter.”

“To me it does.”

Soojin’s hands are crumpled as it hangs from the stone cold throne she’s sitting on.

“Which is why I’m telling you what I know. It’s up to you if you want to further your knowledge or remain here in your chamber,” Soyeon tells her.

Soojin’s head drops.

“I’ll be gone for a while.”

“But you’ve only been ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter