Chapter 5: Natural Curiosity

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the lesson nears its end, Soyeon immediately gathers her stuff. She bolts out of the room as soon as they are dismissed. Shuhua runs after her but collecting her own things takes time. When she’s out of the room Soyeon is nowhere to be seen. 

Shuhua ends up going home since she has no class left. 

“Hey,” Minnie greets.

Minnie and Yuqi are on the couch with hot tea in their hands. Shuhua smiles at her to acknowledge her presence. She shifts her gaze back onto Yuqi, signalling her to follow her. Shuhua heads to her room and smiles when she hears footsteps following her.

“Jeon Soyeon is different.”

Shuhua’s words echo in the room as Yuqi makes sure that the door is shut. Yuqi’s forehead wrinkled upon hearing this. 

“I thought we’re over this?” 

Shuhua shakes her head. She sits on her bed and makes herself comfortable on it. 

“No, we’re not.”

Yuqi’s bed is adjacent to Shuhua’s and so she settles herself onto hers too. 

“Care to elaborate?”

Shuhua’s lips puckered. Her thoughts are quite rambled though. She knows there’s something different with Soyeon, she just can’t figure it out exactly. 

“Her chi is weak.”

“Isn’t that what I told you before?” 

“That’s the weird thing. Her energy is too weak for her to be attending classes and roaming around,” Shuhua finally says.

Yuqi finally nods, seemingly having a grasp on the situation.

“I get what you mean.”

“Now, I’m wondering how she’s doing it.”

“You should talk to her more and find out about what’s so peculiar about her.”

Shuhua nods.

“I’m onto it.”

Morning rolled by quickly. Shuhua didn’t get herself lost on the grounds this time. However, as she enters the building she sees one person she doesn’t really want to see. 

“Hey.”

The grin on Soojin’s face is too friendly. 

“What do you want?” 

Shuhua’s tone isn’t feisty but it isn’t kind either. It didn’t seem to bother Soojin though. 

“Let me walk you to class.”

“No, thank you. I’m perfectly fine.”

Even if Shuhua said no, Soojin still walked with her. 

“You don’t carry bags?” 

Shuhua gives Soojin a glance.

“I brought one yesterday and it’s really just a waste of time and energy. I missed an opportunity,” Shuhua explains.

Soojin chuckles. 

Shuhua couldn’t help but stare. She can’t deny that the girl beside her is beautiful. The way she laughs sounds melodic. What’s worse is that it’s not even poised. Soojin’s laugh just really sounds good. 

“Take a picture. It’ll last longer.”

Shuhua glares at her and looks away.

“Shut up.”

Soojin made a zipping gesture over her lips. 

“Don’t you have your own class anyway?” 

“Am I allowed to speak now?”

Shuhua gives Soojin a pointed look.

“You already are anyway.”

Soojin chuckles and Shuhua’s mind is clouded again.

“True that but no I don’t have class.”

Shuhua’s eyebrows furrowed.

“You don’t make sense, you know. It’s only 8 in the morning. You must have other better things to do than walk me to class.”

“You’re right again but that wouldn’t make my day fun now wouldn’t it?” 

Shuhua rolls her eyes. She stops walking realizing that she’s already in front of her first class. 

“Well, this is my class.”

Soojin looks at the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter