Chapter 2: Earth

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flustered by the stranger’s words, Shuhua rolls off from their arms. Staggering as she executes her plan, the stranger assists her until she’s gotten her balance. Shuhua realizing that the stranger is holding her by the arm, she quickly pulls it away. The stranger looks at her with an amused expression.

“I-I’m not an angel,” Shuhua denies.

The stranger’s chuckle fills Shuhua’s head making her feel like she’s had dozens of wine. 

“Well if you’re not one then maybe ‘goddess’ is a more fitting term?”

Shuhua, who had her attention on the rubble beneath her feet, immediately looks up.

“I---I’m not either,” Shuhua stammers.

“Yeh Shuhua!” 

The foreign yet familiar name made Shuhua turn around. Yuqi is standing a few feet away from her. Yuqi gracefully walks forward but maintains her distance by a meter. 

Shuhua returns her gaze towards the stranger.

“Thank you for catching me,” Shuhua mumbles.

Shuhua might be stubborn but kindness remains in her heart. Thanking a person who helped her is a must. 

“It’s no biggie.”

The stranger smiles.

“I’ll see you around then?”

Shuhua nods gently. The stranger smiles again before walking ahead, leaving her behind. Yuqi takes this que to come closer.

Yuqi glares at her.

“What?” Shuhua asks.

“First rule, don’t just talk to any stranger you meet.”

“W-what?”

“We need to establish rules so that I can return you to our realm in one piece. Not seeing you after I fell literally made me drop my heart,” Yuqi says.

“Yuqi, I’m eternal. It’s not like something can harm me,” Shuhua shrugs.

Yuqi shakes her head.

“There’s so much more for you to learn,” Yuqi groans.

Shuhua ignores this statement from her friend before skipping away. The sky is dark indicating that it’s already night yet the place seems so vivid and cheerful. As they further walk the streets are bustling with people and cars alike.

“Where are we?” Shuhua asks.

“We’re in Seoul,” Yuqi answers.

Shuhua mindlessly walks ahead. Yuqi had to pull her away when she almost crossed the street while cars were moving. 

“What?” 

“Let’s get you home first,” Yuqi replies.

She lifts her arm and hails a cab. 

Shuhua groans as the ride to their new home is painfully long. 

“You know things could be faster if you just flew me there,” Shuhua whines.

The words of the goddess makes the cab driver look back at them.

“Don’t mind her, she’s had a couple of drinks,” Yuqi awkwardly says.

The driver seems to believe this and puts his attention back on the road. Yuqi takes this opportunity to talk to the goddess.

“Second rule, no mentioning of what I am or what you are in public places,” Yuqi says.

Shuhua lazily nods her head in agreement.

“That means both of us will not use our abilities either,” Yuqi adds.

“I get that, the council did tell me not to start rumors of strange happenings while I’m here,” Shuhua grumbles.

Yuqi nods with a pleased smile plastered on her face. Less things to cause a headache for her while they’re here.

The cab finally came to a stop after what seems like hours to Shuhua. In reality it was just a little over twenty minutes though. Being a goddess with everything sped up, a couple of minutes would really seem forever. Yuqi paid for the ride while Shuhua looked at the house.

Yuqi led her inside.

“How did you find this place?” Shuhua asks.

Yuqi smiles. 

Shuhua’s eyes widen when she sees a figure come out of the door. The intruder shares the same expression. 

“Y-you’re back…”

“I am,” Yuqi answers.

“Am I in danger?” The girl asks.

Yuqi is quick to shake her head.

“Nope, nothing like that. This is a friend of mine by the way.”

Yuqi points at Shuhua. Not forgetting her manners, Shuhua w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter