Chapter 02: The Truth

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Upon arriving, the girls immediately rumbled out the van to enjoy their food. Lisa, Jiu and Seulgi were the first ones to arrive in front of the elevator. Gray shakes his head with a chuckle as Chungha follows suit the next behind her members. Gray still finds is amusing that despite their busy schedule, food always brings their energy back up. After everyone left the van, Gray follows close from behind after making sure the van is locked. Holding the elevator open for the girls to enter, Gray entered the last. 

     "We finished our last showcaseeeee!!" Lisa chimed in loudly in the elevator as it goes up which surprised Gray as usual, "Multiple wins with Snapping,,, uuu... Snapping snapping. Her dance was followed by the other members as they held onto their respective McDonald's bag. Gray can't help but smile seeing their celebration, but it was cut short when they start to jump in the elevator. 

      "Y..Yahh.. stopppp," Gray held onto the wall of the elevator as it moved due to their jumping, "you'll kill us all..."

      "Ooopps mian oppa," JiU stopped after signaling the others to stop, "It's just too unbelievable, felt like yesterday that we just debuted and now we are so popular."

      "Neh! We've come so far oppa," Seulgi then gives a wink towards Gray with the 'Saranghae' sign that followed suit, "we couldn't have made it this far if it weren't for you."

       "Gomawo oppaaaaa," the girls chorused as the elevator doors open. Gray chuckled and holds the door open for the girls to go out. "I am just doing my job, girls," Gray smiled gently towards the girl.

        "aishh this man always too modest," Chungha was first to go out and punched him lightly on the arm, "You should take credit once in a while oppa."

      "Unnie got a point there oppa," Lisa did the same as she punched Gray on the arm, "You're way to modest at times."

      "What they said oppa," JiU winked at Gray as she dragged Seulgi with her out the elevator. Seulgi, as if to stress on the other member's point, eats a french fry with a smug look on her face before winking at him. 

       "You I have enough credit when I am with you girls, it's breathtaking," Gray's words earned groans of annoyance from the girls.

       "There he goes again," JiU does the 'get out' gesture with her hand as Chungha taps in the code into their dorm. The girls goes in with laughing Gray following close behind. The girls always hated it when he says those corny lines but at the same time it was something that the five of them share as more than just manager and artist. And since the girls don't bring much, it wasn't much of a hassle. 

        After the girls settled on the sofas and eating their meal, Gray pulled out his phone. "Andwaeeeeee," Lisa covered her face with one of the sofa's pillows. The other three looked towards Gray and earned the same shout.

         "Yahhhhh stop shouting it's late already," Gray tries to soothe their surprised reaction. It's an automatic response any time he takes out his phone in front of them because it only meant more schedules the following day., "Relax okay? You haven't heard me yet."

         "Fine, oppa," Seulgi sits up to which the other three followed automatically to listen to Gray. Although their faces still evidently show that they rather not hear this right after their busy and long day. 

        "Well you do have a schedule," the three girls sighed with their shoulders slumped and their pouty lips jutting out, "But it's not until 7pm tomorrow and I have made sure that there is no schedule until then, okay?" The girls breath with relief, "There is more though but this is for Lisa and Seulgi."

        The two girls mentioned looked at each with confused looks and back to looking at Gray, "Lisa and Seulgi, you both will begin your first subunit," the news brought gleam on the eyes of the two girls, "The details of the song and concept will be discussed at meeting tomorrow at 7 pm."

         "Heol...Daebak,," Both the girls spoke immediately in unison as they stare at each other.

         "One.. Two.. Three.." Gray muttered under his breath and on cue all 4 girls jumped up with squeals loud enough to dwarf the calling sound of a dolphin. The four of them have been wondering what it would feel like to have their own sub-group after seeing a lot of their seniors doing so. Now the oldest and the youngest of group got the chance in advance to taste first hand debuting as a sub-group. "And that is my cue to leave," Gray pushed his phone back into his pocket, "You girls need to rest after stuffing your faces kay?"

        "Oh.. Oppa, you don't want some tea or maybe milk?" Seulgi stopped her celebration and looks at Gray, "I'm sure you've got quite the busy day too going back and forth the company then also handling today's schedule."

         "Thank you Seulgi-ah, but i need to go," Gray smiles assuring the girls that he is fine when he is actually exhausted himself, "I need to take care of something tonight before sleeping."

          The girls exchanged looks, "This hour? Isn't it very late already?" Chungha stated as she looked at the clock above the their Plasma screen TV. "You should be resting oppa."

          "It will be just a quick errand, don't worry kay? I'll rest very soon once I arrive home," Gray pats the shoulder of the leader with an assuring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter