Chapter 05: Four Corners & A Center

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After equipping themselves with weapons that could send any vampires quaking to their feet just by a mere sight, Korea's Deadliest made their way into Nyxus' main hall. Occupied with over 200 best personel in South Korea, waiting for their orders. Gray as the strongest as the new potential Head of the Nyxus base, takes the stand. Gray stands on the podium as the rest stands below the podium.

"Evening everyone," Gray never enjoyed being the one to make the speeches even if he must make a lot of it as he will take the position as the new Boss, "I'm sure I don't need to brief you all on what is currently going on or stress the level of threat these few months are gonna be. So I will keep it simple and short. Our job is to keep our country safe and we'll die trying if we have to. It rests on our shoulders. To be prepared, we will post personels on every corner of this country and make sure those bastards regret ever entering our country. To cut to the chase, as the Ten, have picked and contacted our very own small squad all of you will be divided into groups with us to scour wider areas."

Gray proceeds to divide the 200 personels into 5 equal teams to help the scour wider areas while the Ten's  personal squad will work to hunt and kill any vampires that have any ideas. These 200 personels will hide in plain sight to watch over public places and gathering. With a total 3000 personels, the Nyxus laid out an all out defence all around the country. Everyone is put on high alert. And after dispersing the elite 200 personels to their respective locations, all that is left are The Ten and their own squadrons.

The North Team: 
Jay (2nd Rank)
- V
- Eunji
- Jae Kyong
- Myung Dae
- Hwayoung

Jennie (5th Rank)
- Jimin
- Joy
- Chung Cha 
- Eunkyung
- Bong Chun

The South Team
Loco (3rd  Rank)
- J-Hope
- Chaeyeon
- Chung Ae
- Chul
- Mi-Cha

Soyeon (7th Rank)
- RM
- Wendy
- Mi-Ok
- Chin Hwa
- Bo Seon

The East Team
Taemin (9th Rank)
- Suga
- Hyorin
- Beom Seok
- Jin Ah
- Ha Ryung

Seolhyun (10th Rank)
- Jungkook
- Bora
- Sooyeon
- Hyun Ki
- Joo Won

The West Team
GD (6th Rank)
- Kai
- Hyuna
- Kwang Sun
- Ae Cha
- Young Soon

Jihyo (8th Rank)
- Jin
- Ailee
- Kang Dae
- Sam 
- Seo Jun

The Central Team
Gray (1st Rank)
- Kim Soohyun
- Jeon Somi
- Hana Kim
- Tabloo
- Hae Won

Irene (4th Rank)
- Kimg Jongkook
- Nancy
- Ryujin
- Tae Jun
- Eun Nah

Having gathered with their own respective groups, The Ten made one last gathering aside from their own Squadrons. "Watch each other's backs," Gray states as he looks at their faces. This is the night where they will be far away from each other at least until the morning comes when they can meet up again for reports. But as the night goes on, there is no absolute certainty that everyone will always be alright and come back safely. One might say to stay positive but you can never be too sure especially when it is known that their opposing side have brought in their own deadliest squad.

"Hyung, we'll definitely watch each other's back," Taemin grins as he pulls Seolhyun close to him by her shoulder.

"Don't worry oppa, Taemin oppa will be alright with me around," Seolhyun smiled and gives a thumbs up to Gray for assurance.

"She's right, we'll be fine," GD states as he pats Gray's shoulder, "These elite vampires aren't the only ones dangerous."

"Mhmm.. We've all trained together and bled together and cried together for the last 5  years before we got here," Jihyo leans her arm against GD and smiled, "There should be no one better than us when it comes to team work."

"What she said," Loco points at Jihyo and chuckled, "You'll die faster if you worry too much, bro."

"Yah oppa, can you be nicer," Seyeon punched Loco on his shoulder which he replied in return by rolling out his tongue at her, "What he meant to say is, you should worry about yourself as well not just us."

"These vampires might already know that we meant business and I'm sure that they won't be push overs," Jay nudged Gray's shoulder, "And they might know who's the most dangerous compared to the nine of us and come after you instead."

"Aigoo this old man," Jennie comes forth and cupped Gray's cheeks and squishing them, "Jay oppa is right, you should be careful and please don't do anything too stupid if the 9 of us are not around."

"I'll kick his for sure if he tries anything wreckles," Irene hugged Gray by the waist from the side, "I got his back."

Gray was almost brought to tears at how much each of s really cared about him and how close they are with each other. To the eyes of the vampire hunter association, they are elite killing machines. Yet in all truth they are all very close and cared for each other deeply like brothers and sisters would. It was only 6 years ago where they had all met and became one squad on an international mission in Europe. Gray was the oldest and was the most experienced besides Jay and half of the team are young prodigies. One whole year they trained together as a team and had their very own conflicts, but at the end of the day they managed to become close into that life threatening mission in Europe. With their achievements in the field of the mission, they returned as heroes and was immediatel dubbed the 10 most strongest hunters in South Korea. Not just by the mission were they judged, but also through the one year they are trained, their evaluations respectively were off the charts compared to other hunters. Hence, they grew closer and closer as they did missions together in their home country and another international mission in 2018 where they had to go to America. Gray almost lost his life if it weren't for the team backing him up at the last minute.

Putting a hand on Irene's shoulder to give her shoulder a gentle squeeze as a show of thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter