Chapter 4: The Ten

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the dorm, the food had already arrive as Chungha and JiU prepared for the meal. As they went back and forth in the dorm to prepare before Gray, Seulgi and Lisa arrives, something was watching them from afar in the shadows. The individual disappeared into the night as Gray and the girls walk into the dorm. However, the presence was sensed by Gray eventhough he can't make out what it was. Being an elite hunter isn't just by name or title, but it has it's own perks and it makes them extra sensitive to their surrounding. Staring out side through the window made Gray felt a little uneasy. 

"Oppa?" Chungha who was next to Gray, waved her hand in front of his face, "You okay?" 

"Ah.. neh?" Gray's concentration came back to Chungha's.

"Are you okay? You blanked out just now," Chungha studied his face which is starting to make his cheeks heat up due to the close proximity.

"Ye..yes I'm fine," Gray smiles and tries to put up a convincing one, "Just remembered something that's all."

"You sure?" Seulgi came up from behind Chungha and does exactly what the latter did, studying his face, "You rarely blanked out like that when with us."

"I'm fine," Gray chuckled and turn them around, "Now let's eat I'm starving."

"Yahh oppaaa," Chungha and Seulgi grumbled as they are pushed forward towards the dining table with all the delicious delicacies on the table.

"Let's eat!" Lisa exclaimed as the 5 of them sit down and started to take bites from their foods.

"Oh! Lemme see the lyrics of the songs," JiU makes a 'gimme' gesture with her hand towards Seulgi to which Seulgi responded almost immediately and giving JiU the phone so she can read the lyrics.

"Don't show oppa," Seulgi whispered loud enough for Gray to even hear.

"Yah, I heard that Seulgi," Gray puts down his chopsticks with his food still in his mouth, "I asked you about it already but you only show JiU?"

"Patience oppa," Seulgi wiggled her eyebrows towards the man, "You'll have your chance when the song comes out.."

"Bu that's not...." His response was cut short by JiU and Chungha's response

"Heol," The two girls looked at Lisa and Seulgi. "This is rather naughty isn't it?" JiU added the next.

"Naughty?" Gray blinked and looked at Seulgi, "What do  you mean?"

"Unnie shushhh," Lisa puts a finger to her lips, "There is oppa here."

"Come onnn what is it?" Gray was eyeing the phone and tried to grab it since JiU sits right next to him.

"Andwaeee," Seulgi took the phone just in time from JiU before Gray took it.

Gray started to chase Seulgi as she held onto the phone. The girls started to join in as they pass the phone around so Gray couldn't get to it. Gray was enjoying the time eventhough he could get to the phone with ease due to his enhanced features, but chooses not to do so because the enjoyment was something that the 5 of them shared like brother and sisters.  Laughing and running around right after meal wasn't exactly the best thing to do, but they are more into the togetherness . Whilst running through the room, Gray caught a glimpse of several figures covered in black cloak standing across the girl's dorm. Just as he sees them, they immediately disappeared into the night. 

"Umm.. Girls," Gray stopped in front of the window, "I need to go out for a bit."

"Eh? Where to?" Lisa asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Remember what I told Chungha and Seulgi?" Gray addressed to the older girls as they looked at him in return, "I have to attend to that something okay?“

Gray immediately heads for the door and opens it, "Whatever you do, don't open the door for anyone kay?" WIthout waiting for the girls to respond, Gray dashed out and ran upstairs using the emergency staircase to the rooftop. And as he opens the door, he is welcomed with the mysterious figures he saw not a minute ago. Although, they are not so mysterious.

"Well there you are," one of the mysterious cloaked figure pulls away his black hoody off to reveal Jay.

"What's with the cloak?" Gray states as he chuckled, "I thought you were all hostiles."

"Come on, hyung," another one uncloaked himself to reveal himself, Taemin, "You probably have guessed us by now."

"Yeah, you're our number one after all," this time everyone took off their cloaks to reveal who they are and the one who speaks is GD, "You could have recognized us."

"Well I had my assumptions of course," Gray crossed his arms and chuckled, "Just had to make sure."

"Yeah, I don't buy it, oppa," Jennie sat at the corner of the building's edge as if it was the best seat of all.

"Haha okay okay I yield," Gray chuckled and leaned against the wall of the door he came out of, "So what brings you  all here? Our meeting isn't for another 2 hours."

"We know, but something came up and we need you to know," Jay took the lead as he approaches Gray, "Irene picked up something as she was patroling with her team."

"What is it Joohyun?" Gray addresses the latter.

"We were just doing our usual patrol through the city when two figures went passed us," Irere's face darkened slightly, "They are vampires of course but very different from the usual ones we fought, but my team and I chose to follow them. We managed to tail them, but they got the drop on us."

"What happened?" Gray stepped closer to her as her expression went grim.

"Those two figures attacked us and in a flash 3 of my companions fell to the ground," Irene kept her gaze down, "One attacked me and I was able to defeat it with ease with my Crimson Tool, but i couldn't kill it as easily as I thought. I stabbed at it and slashed at it but all it does was wither in pain and lay on the floor. I tried to attack again but the second vampire attacked this time and I barely survived. All I can do was block its attacks, it was too fast and too strong. If it weren't for Jay and Loco oppa, I don't think we will be talking r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter