Chapter 01: Hunter & Manager

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The wind whistled rather eerily as the night welcomes the first night of summer. Four figures concealed by the shadows of the night, stood observant of an abandoned building across from where they stood. Paying attention to any subtle movement as if the slightest movement could cause a tremor. Despite the serious tension in the night, one figure was busy with his phone.

     "What are you doing?" the only female of the bunch, nudged the older male, "You're gonna give away our position, oppa!"

     "Oh.. right right," The male immediately squats down and facing away from the other three, "I'm just checking my phone for updates on the girls."

     "Give it a rest, Gray," The second oldest male in the group, their leader, "They'll be fine, these talk shows usually ends late at night and we'll wrap this up quickly."

    "Speaking of wrapping up quickly, we got movement on the second floor," the youngest male in the group, who was keeping watch while the other three chats, informed his partners.

      "Let's get to work," the leader cracked his knuckle, "Like we planned, Gray you'll go with Loco while I'll go with Sooyeon."

     "Let's get this over with," Gray pushed his back into his pocket and ziplocked it, before fishing out two blades from under his coat. Under the moonlight, it glows threateningly bright. "Let's bust some Vampires."

     Being different in physique after their initiation ceremony, Gray and his three comrades are completely different than average people. They can run faster, jump higher, endure longer and hit harder than anyone, but those abilities doesn't always guarantee their safety in missions. Their chances of coming home are always on a 50/50 scale, but that still depends on what kind of Vampire Class they are up with. Equipped with black shades, they can see as clearly as day but at the same time determine  Class of Vampires they are dealing with. 

      Upon approaching the blind side of the building, Their leader asked, "Loco what are we dealing with".

      "We are dealing with 5 C class Vampires, we can finish this in 5 minutes," shrugging his shoulders at his theory.

      "Split," the leader only needs to say one word and in that instant they run apart from each other. Gray and Loco went to the right side of the building while Sooyeon and the Leader scours to the left side. With ease all four of them are able to jump to the second floor balcony of each sides of the building.

      "Switch to T Scope," their leader whispered through their wireless coms. Tapping on their shades, the lenses turned a blue shade of color. T Scope's function is to detect a temperature change in the air and color of tracks left behind. These vampires' temperatures are cold enough to literally send chills down one's spine if one were to ever get close to one. "Advance," the leader commands.

     "Hey, do you think you can get me an autograph from Seulgi?" Loco whispered to Gray as they gently crept slowly on the second floor whilst following the information their scope gave them, "I'm a big fan."

       "Get me one from Hoody and we''ll call it even, cool?" Gray offered a fist to Loco to which her returned immediately.

      "Stop.." the leader's voice becomes cautious, "I think they got people inside." The four comrades stopped across each other and between them is a big two door room. Andt true enough as Gray and Loco listens closely , they can hear muffled squeals and cries from inside.

       "Jay," Gray looks right at Jay, their leader, and receives a nod.

       "Now," Jay gives the command and Gray responds by kicking the door open. But what they found were more than just 5 Vampires but at least 2 dozens of them.

       "," Loco adds before the four stormed into the room. Gray sliced down the first two vampires that reacted to his door breaking action and impaled another vampire with a throw of his silver knife. Those three vampires disintegrated into ash with wails. Jay two twin swords from his coat and sliced down 5 more just as easily. Sooyeon stayed back with two customised glocks and firing any vampires that tries any funny ideas on sneaking on her comrades. While Loco jumped in the middle with equipped barbed silver gloves, silver barbed kneecaps and silver blade tipped boots. The 4 of them mowed down the first 15 with no problem until Gray's phone rang. 

       "What?!" Gray complained as his knife impaled one more as it crumbles into dust. He double tapped his ear piece as it switches to his phone's bluetooth. "Hello?" Gray called out rather too loudly as he slides down to avoid a jumping vampire at him.

       "Ow that's too loud... Oppa where are you?" A girl's voice answered his reply.

       "Oh... Hi! Chungha," Gray flipped a vampire on it's back with a little krav maga and stabbed his knife between it's eyes. "Sorry! I'm at a club," Gray cursed under his breath as he answers the worse way possible, "what is it?"

       "Oooh! Can we join  you??" Chungha replies rather cheerfully.

       "Wait no! Umm this is like umm.. a Club for males only," Loco who was across Gray stopped to give Gray a weirded out look to which he mouths a reply 'Whatdya want me to say??'

        "Oh..." her voice turns into a rather sad one, "We are done shooting our episode oppa, can you pick us up? We are also starving."

       Gray dodged left and right when a vampire tries to claw his face out with inhuman speed. Thanks for his almost 10 years of exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter