Chapter 2 - Bloom

Snow In Summer

Sehun woke up by the sound of chirp. Even though the bird sang beautifully Sehun felt irritated. He closes his eyes once more, feeling the sunlight that shines through the curtains. His body feels numb. He tried to remember how he got here, the last thing he knows is crying in Jongin's arms. The boy's heartache, he's in front of the graveyard last night, but he didn't even go to see his mom, he didn't have the courage.

 

Sehun picks up the pillow under his head and uses it to cover his face. He sighs. A few minutes later there's a knock at his door.

 

"Come in" he said with a high tone.

 

"I’m sorry to disturb you young master, but your father wants you to eat downstairs with him." She walks out the door as soon as she can after she said that.

 

Did he think I actually want to eat with him? A sarcastic smile appear on Sehun face. Then he throws the pillow to the door.

 

"My own father not telling me about the death of his wife, and he expects I want to eat with him? Like hell I would" He yells at the door, hoping that his father hears what he said. A second later, the only child rises and steps into the bathroom.

-

"Where is my son?! Maid! Didn't I tell you to get Sehun?!" The owner of the house shouted as he hit the dining table he’s been waiting for a half an hour now, and he’s feeling a little bit impatient

 

"I’m...I’m sorry. Young master has already left for school. He said he didn't want to eat breakfast today." One maid respond with her head hang low. She knew his master will be furious, so when the plates crash onto the floor, she's not surprised.

 

"What! You got one task to bring Sehun here, and he's where now?! Clean this mess! Right now!“ Their master said as he walks out the house.

 

All of the house occupants clean it right away, some pick the broken glass from the floor, and others wipe the scattered leftover. They are aware there's plenty more shout will be waiting for them if their young master keeps acting this way.

-

 

Sehun reach his university at 9, he doesn't even have classes for today, but he just hates it at home. He goes around the campus, eats a snack at the cafeteria, read books from the library, gets lots of stare and compliment telling him how flawless he is from all the girls he passed by, nothing new there.

 

Someone taps his shoulder from behind, "Hey beautiful, do you need company?" one man asked.

 

Ugh, I hate when they all act nice to me. The idol campus turns around to see the guy. "Oh... It’s you" Sehun feels happy when he sees the guy’s face. "You know I think you should wear a mask or something to block everyone from looking at you," Jongin said. Well Sehun didn't see that coming, he's sure he washed his face this morning, and his hair is just great as usual, so he thinks with the entire compliment he gets he looks amazing today, but Jongin words proof he's wrong.

 

With curiosity, he ask his boyfriend "Do I look bad?” Jongin is the one who confused “What? No. Never. Why would think so?”. “Because earlier you said....” Jongin cut his lover's words “No silly. It’s just I don’t like it when people hitting on you. After all, you’re mine, right? Why can’t they just accept that and leave you alone?” The older man pouted.

 

Sehun laughs at this, his boyfriend should be the mature one, but seeing Jongin like this it’s just too cute. He then opens his arms and he hugs Jongin tightly “I’m yours. I’m yours.” A smile appears from both faces. For a moment they just shared each other warmth and ignore the rest.

 

Seconds passed, the tan man is the first to break the hug. He brushes Sehun hair and he kisses the younger forehead, “Feeling a little bit better now?” Sehun knows what Jongin means, truthfully he doesn’t really know the answer, and that’s exactly how he answers “I don’t know“.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here for you. I promise” Jongin felt relieved when he see Sehun’s smile bloomed again, he knows he will always be there for Sehunnie but sometimes Sehun forgets that Sehun is that kind of person who faces his problem on his own.

 

There’s time though when Jongin pissed by the way of Sehun not wanting Jongin to help him, but when your heart already make a decision what can your brain do? Not a million fights could make Jongin hate his boyfriend.

 

“Oh right. I almost forgot. You better go and find Mr. Wu Sehunnie, he said he’s looking for you” the older male finally said the reason he comes to see Sehun.

 

“Mr. Wu? I wonder if it’s about the tutoring thing. I thought I already make my point I don’t want to help him”.

 

“Well you do have a good brain, so why don’t you use it? Let’s just think you’re going to have a new friend, I bet it's exciting” Jongin thinks now it’s a great idea to keep Sehun busy, so his mind will stop thinking about his mom and problems with his dad. “Really? But I’m not good at making friends, what if they don’t like me?” Sehun wariness doesn’t make any sense for Jongin

 

“Oh come on. You are Oh Sehun. Everybody loves you. Which kind of making me jealous all the time” Jongin showed his tongue a little bit to tease Sehun “So you better go see Mr. Wu now. Just be the way you are and you’ll be fine”. The younger boy finally gives up “Alright. I see you later ok?” After seeing his boyfriend nodded, he kissed Jongin and left to find his teacher.

-

 

“I’m sorry, but do you see Mr. Wu?” This is already the ninth people he asks. He doesn’t know if Mr. Wu is really looking for him or not but now the teacher sure is hard to find.

 

“No. I haven’t seen him” and this is the same answer for every question. Sehun bows at the student and left. He feel frustrated, I probably should go home now. I can’t find him anywhere.

 

“Are you Oh Sehun?” Suddenly a voice heard. Sehun turn his body around and he sees a boy. Scratch that, he sees a girl? No no... It’s definitely a boy. But the smooth skin, small face, long eyelashes, round cheek, pretty eyes, cute plump lips, perfect nose, and the way he shines the whole room. He can swear that this boy's eyes literally sparkle. Wow, I never knew a boy can be this gorgeous.

 

“Y-yes... Who are you?” He cursed inside his mind now, why am I stuttering because of him? Get yourself together now Sehun. “I’m Luhan... I’m supposed to be the kid, you tutor?” Oh great Sehun, what just he said? Sehun is too focused staring at the boy’s beauty causing the boy’s sound just goes mute. “What?” He feels like a dumb person now. “The kid you need to tutor for the Korean language? It’s me. Do you remember? I think your teacher Mr. Wu already inform you”. So he is the one who needed my tutoring. Sehun's brain just shut down for a second, even Sehun believes he’s the one who needs tutoring for words now. “I-I’m ... Y-you are the Chinese guy?” And that is the only response he could think of. “Yes... I’m the Chinese guy” Luhan chuckled.

 

Sehun felt like an idiot now, he doesn’t know how to think or respond. Well, he knows one thing, Jongin is going to kill him, if he knew.

 

Realizing he still needs Jongin, he takes a deep breath praying that his head going to be normal soon, and he says, “Sorry, I’m spacing out. Let’s start it again shall we?” Pretty boy Luhan just smile and nod. Oh god... His smile...

 

“You’re the one who needed my tutoring? Are you sure? Your Korean sounds good to me” It’s not that Sehun dislikes the boy but, Luhan’s Korean apart from his mispronunciations is really good, so he didn’t think the other need a language lesson.

 

“Please you must teach me. My Korean knowledge is only the basic, and I’m going to be in trouble if I’m not learning it”

 

Trouble?

 

“You know, if you’re having difficulties with your subject at school it’s more effective to create a group with your classmate, you will understand the lesson and you will make lots of friends” Sehun just giving the boy an opinion but the boy expression change “No it’s actually more complicated than that. Don’t get me wrong but I’m not here to make friends. I’m going to be grateful if you’re willing to help me”

 

Sehun still has a lot more to ask but maybe the answer is private, so he just says “Oh okay then. Because it’s already late, why don’t we start tomorrow?”

 

“Thank you... I’ll call you tomorrow. Bye”. Sehun can only stare at the boy’s back as Luhan continues to leave him.

 

“That went well” a sudden voice surprises him. “Jongin can you stop appearing from behind me?” He felt irritated, why does everyone keep coming from his back?

 

“Who is he? He’s pretty cute you know” Sehun glare at his boyfriend, earning a laugh from the other boy “Don’t worry my Sehunnie, you’re still the first. But now I at least know who the second is”

 

Sehun knows Jongin just teasing him, but his jealousy is taking control of him “Go drown or something” The younger said as he leaving the tan man.

 

“Hey wait up! I’m just joking” The first cute boy stop his step and wait for the other “So who is he anyway? “The taller man asks once again, ignoring the death glare from Sehun. “His name is Luhan i think, i don’t really hear that. He’s from china” Jongin’s eyes go wide and he looks shocked. Sehun guessing that his boyfriend is trying to make a joke again, “It’s not funny you know”. But Jongin respond completely differently from his guess, “Luhan? You mean THE Luhan whose parents owned almost 35% of resorts in this country?” Sehun has no idea how his boyfriend knows so much about the pretty boy.

 

“What are you talking about?” The tan man rolled his eyes, how can the campus icon be blind about what’s going on, in his own university?

 

“Babe, there’s a rumor that there’ll be a loaded kid transferring here. But... If the kid everyone talks about is Luhan, forget about loaded, he’s filthy rich. He probably made his own house from a pile of gold” Jongin’s words just came out nonstop “He’s from the Xi family, you know them right?” The statement seems to cause a mind blow for Sehun. Maybe the idol campus has no clue about Luhan, but if he’s from the Xi family that means he’s way richer than Sehun. The Oh Co. Has received lots of support and help from the Xi Co. Even the heartless Sehun’s father treats them like a dear family.

 

Soon the taller boy became more interested in Luhan, so he asks Jongin to tell him a little bit more.

-

 

Sehun pulls up his jacket sleeve, and he presses the doorbell.

 

“Yes who is it?” A female with cheerful tone said as she open the door wide. “Oh my, its young master” She stepped aside to let Sehun come in. “Do you want to eat something, sir?” Without looking at his maid, Sehun shook his head and walk upstairs toward his bedroom.

 

After taking a shower, Sehun sit at the edge of his bed. Earlier he spent 2 hours straight hearing about Luhan stories, slowly his back is touching his bedsheet. Xi cooperation huh? He didn’t know there’s a boy in Xi family, well there’s a rumor saying that their future heir is a goddess. Apparently he misheard it, he thinks that their “goddess” is she, not he. A freaking stunning he. Sehun tries to remember what the boy looked like again.

 

Until finally slumber takes his mind.