Chapter 1 - Waking Up

Snow In Summer

'Please come home early' 

 

That was the only thing his aunt said before hanging up. Like the good boy he has always been, he does what his aunt asked him to do.
After the last bell rang, he quickly got up from his white seat and walk toward the main door of the room.


"Sehun" the boy now groan because everybody knows, whenever somebody gets called by the professor it only means bad thing. "Yes?" He responds without closing their distant, his act is obvious that he doesn't want to get disturbed by any possible way.

 

"Can you come to my office for a bit? There's something I need to talk about."

 

"I’m sorry but I don't think I did something wrong" Sehun quickly answered, his heart is racing now and the gear in his brain continue to try to remember is there something bad he has done, but no there isn't any. Oh Sehun is the famous boy in the college, being a smart , loaded with money, and stunning looks will always make you one of that.

 

"Oh no no... Please don't get me wrong here. It’s just that there's someone who really needs your tutoring. Since he's new here and could use some..." Sehun is getting really annoyed by the minute, like really? Of all days there is, you choose this day to ruin my life? He begins to rub his temple realizing that he will get more work to do from now on.


"Well what do you think?" apparently the professor is done taking. "I don’t know Mr.Wu. I think I'm inadequate for this task, why don’t you ask Joonmyeon? His brain kind of work better than mine and after all he’s your favorite student" Sehun hope that his teacher gets the god-please-no meaning behind all of that. But hey not everything goes the way you wanted to.

 

"At first I already thought that but sadly the new student here is from china, and even the stars know Joonmyeon is bad at the Chinese language. So... Since there's the first ranked person at Chinese subject in my class, I think he would be happy if asked him to help."

 

, the boy cursed inside. If he knew he wouldn't do the tests in the first place. "Err... I’m not sure about this one Mr. Wu I don't have that kind of free time besides...” he sighs “I need to take care, my mother ". The toned in his voice changed, he hates it when he needs to talk about this because the next thing he knew his mind drove somewhere remembering the things he shouldn’t. And Mr.Wu knows, but he really needs Sehun on this one. The younger finally give up and say the best he can for now "I guess I can give it try, but please don't get your hope too high on Me. " with that Sehun bowed and out the class


Knowing that his late he ran through the corridor to get out of the building and get home. It's nearly dawn when he gets in his car and drives home, he turns on the radio. The beat keeps ramming into his ear, the light from the sunset is adding the perfection to his milky face, sharp and deep eyes, and his full lips. His appearance is getting nowhere near bad. Whenever he walks around the campus or street, every leg will stop and every pair of eyes will take time to look the beauty that is Sehun. Although this all doesn't quite make Sehun delighted. He presses the gas pedal a little harder and hopes that there's something good left today.

-

He parked the car in front of his house then he threw the key to the guard.

 

“Can you help me again with the car?" He said with a smile. "Sure young master!” The young master grinned. He's comfortable around the maids and guards in his house a little better than his friends from school. "Oh young master!" One of the guards yells to grab his attention, "Yeah?" He looked to the guard completely give his attention to him "Happy Birthday!" And then the smile that makes everybody day bright bloomed. "Thanks, guys. I’m going to go inside now”

 

Going upstairs to his room. The door was kind of decorated by the old design, he finds the knob and turns it, and when he's inside he set the bags down. He's about to change clothes when his phone inside his bags ring, he picks up the bags and starts to rummage it. He sees the caller id, he slaps his temple directly when he knows it’s his aunt. Bracing himself for the yell that about to come and he answered it.

 

"Where the hell have you been?!" The boy put the phone a little far from his ear now.

 

“I’m sorry I just got home, the prof wouldn't let me off earlier." Hoping that the lady will understand and stop making his ear goes deaf. "Ugh. Fine just get to the pavilion now" she then hung up.

 

The young master rolled his eyes, what is it now? Oh maybe they want to make a surprise. He thinks to himself. Well everybody wants a little something special for their birthday, right?


Sehun expected to see a party or cake or something that can sign a birthday party, but what he sees now is nothing to his expectation.

 

There are his dad, his aunt and his uncle sitting in the white beautiful pavilion surrounded by the water, lilies and light orange sky

 

"What is this all about?" The younger is the one to break the silence.
His uncle stood up and says. "You need to sit down first" the boy really doesn't like the atmosphere here, he instantly knows something’s wrong.

 

"What is it?" He asked again after taking a seat beside his father. "Your mother..." Sehun now wishing he could stop talking, he doesn't want to know anymore. "Your mother passed away this morning" and now he REALLY wishes that his uncle can shut the hell up. Oh come on, this is his ing birthday, what kind of sick joke is that?


"What the are you talking about?!" Sehun shouted. His father grabs his son's hand "You need to watch your language young man" okay now he explodes "Really? That's the only thing you can say to me? This man said that my mother, your wife is dead. Why you didn't do anything about that? Is a joke like that can easily slip through every mouth or what?" Sehun then let go of his father's arm harshly. He just can't think the meaning behind all of this. He just talked to his mom yesterday she sounded fine, she also said that next week the doctors finally letting her come home from the hospital, and now they’re telling this ? 


"You need to calm down oh Sehun, right now. Everything your uncle told was true. Your mother passed away this morning. We didn't tell you because you are in the middle of your test and we didn't want to disturb you" his aunt decided to act along now. "You guys are a bunch of crazy people!" the boy left his family and run to his car.

 

"Get my car ready!!" One of them quickly get the young master Sehun car key and get his car.

 

When he's about to get out of the car, Sehun harshly grabs the guard clothes and pulled him out of the car, then the panicked boy drives to the hospital. The road seems longer than the usual, he kept hoping that his mother is alright as his tears begin to roll down his cheeks.

-


It’s already 9 pm when he reached the building. He rushes to the room where his mother usually at. He opens the door wishing his mother still be there. But he only found the nurses cleaning the room and the bed.

 

"Where's the patient here?" He asks tears begin to ramming down again and he thinks his heartbeat is enough to make himself get killed. And frankly speaking he wishes that would happen. "Do you mean Mrs. Oh sir? She passed away this morning. The family had already taken her for the funeral at the green graveyard by the river." After she said that Sehun legs couldn't bear it anymore.

 

Sehun fall to the ground, his world became quiet and all that he can see is his mother sleeping figure that never going to wake up in his imagination. At this site, all the nurses scramble around Sehun, "Sir? Are you alright? Do you want me to call the doctor? Sir?"


The boy’s ears just refused to hear any sound from this world. All he can do is stare blankly at the floor and cry. After a few minutes, the nurse finally called for the doctor, but before the doctor come, Sehun ran again to his car and toward the different places. His mother's final home.


The car speed is slow, the black color and the cold wind of the night just getting his life darker. He didn't want this, he doesn’t deserve this, and all he always does is to make his mother proud. To make a smile on her face and said that’s my beloved son.


Its past midnight now, he has already been outside of the graveyard for 2 hours, he’s been crying too much, his eyes tired from all the tears he let out.

 

Just when he's about to head home someone knocks the car window, the figure is smiling pathetically at Sehun.

 

"You looked like hell my Sehunnie”. The figure then opens the door and sits beside Sehun. The looked-tired boy just smiles a bit to his friend, his lover. “I know Jongin. I guess this is the worst looked you'd ever see"

 

Jongin hand cupped Sehun's face and his eyes softened "I’m not sure about that, you're still the most handsome man I know. I’m crazy, right? Even when you looked like this I still find you pretty" chuckled come out from the stunning boy, Sehun’s hand easily find their way to Jongin, he hugged the older boy as if he will disappear from the world and into the sadness. "The worst gift ever for my birthday" tears begin to pour again.

 

Jongin heartbreak seeing his boyfriend like this, all he wants to do is kidnap the younger boy from this cruel world and put him into their own happy little place.

 

Sehun cry his heart out that night. Until he finally fall asleep in Jongin embrace due to being over exhausted. The older male is moving his lover to the back seat and drives them both to Sehun house.

-