Do you sing?

From: JWI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ever since that elevator incident, Yongsun would find pieces of paper plastered on her apartment door. All of them are Wheein’s doing. In those small pieces of paper, handwritten food recipes and step-by-step instructions on how to make that certain food can be read. There are also doodles of the food and sometimes a doodle of grumpy Yongsun. Whenever Yongsun will open her door, she’d find a couple of them since she doesn't go out much. From what she can tell, Wheein would leave one on her door every day because they kept adding up. 

 

Yongsun would leave them on her door, not doing anything about it. Wheein must’ve noticed it because one afternoon, Yongsun went out and found the papers gone. It made Yongsun a little relieved that her neighbor will finally leave her alone. Well, Yongsun is wrong about that. 

 

The day after she found the papers gone, Yongsun’s doorbell buzzes. Yongsun was hesitating to open the door. She can see her neighbor on the small screen of her intercom. She was standing there, holding something like a bowl. 

 

Yongsun wanted to smack her own head to the wall whenever she’s reminded of what she said that night that caused all these to happen. 

 

See? Yongsun? This is what you get when you entertain people like her. You will never live a peaceful life, blockhead! 

 

Yongsun sighed and wore her robe. 

 

I could’ve said that I know how to cook, god damn it! 

 

She opened the door and was greeted with the “stupidest” smile on earth (according to Yongsun).

 

“Good morning, Yongsun-ssi! I noticed that the papers kept piling up on your door so I removed them. I just thought that they might help but I guess it didn’t since it was left untouched. Anyway, instead of giving you another recipe that you won’t use, I just made you food. Though, this is not a pasta that most people like to eat. It’s a special garlic-basil pasta. It is special because I made it,” Wheein raised the food in front of Yongsun’s face. Yongsun just looked at it, thinking really hard. 

 

Should I take it? No, right? Yeah, I shouldn’t take it.

 

Yongsun then knew that this had to stop. 

 

“Wheein-ssi, thank you for all of these but you don’t have to do this. I can buy my own food. And if you are doing this because you like me and you want me to like you back, then I’m going to put an end to this... because that is never going to happen. I’m sorry,” Yongsun exasperatingly said.

 

“Wow,” Wheein looked at her in awe. “This is the first time I heard you talk this much! Your voice sounds really good. Do you sing?” Wheein smiled.

 

“What??” Yongsun got confused and a little frustrated. Did she hear what I just said?

 

“What? Oh! Haha! Well, I guess that’ll be the first and the last I’m going to give you. Anyway, I don’t do it because I want you to like me. I’m doing it because I just want to and I want you to know that I’m not a bad person. You don’t need to hate me, Yongsun-ssi,” Wheein said, not failing to give Yongsun the brightest smile she could offer.

 

Yongsun doesn’t know why she felt bad when Wheein still gave her the “stupidest” smile out there even after what she just said. 

 

Wheein placed the food on the floor since Yongsun doesn’t want to take it from her. She bowed at her then left.

 

Yongsun was left on her door, looking at the food Wheein brought to her. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter