Hiccup

From: JWI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four days ago, Yongsun was locked out of her apartment. That was also the day when she got to know more about her neighbor, Jung Wheein. She looked at the orange sky outside her apartment through the balcony door as she sat on her couch while she revisited that day. Actually, after her sleepover at Wheein’s place, she couldn’t stop thinking about her. Yongsun felt like Jung Wheein put a spell on her. 

 

“Is everything okay?” Chorong asked, opening a can of beer for Yong and her. 

 

Yongsun turned to Chorong and asked, “Have I mentioned to you about my new neighbor?”

 

Chorong’s eyebrows arched, staring at Yong cluelessly. 

 

“You haven’t said a single word to me since I got here except for ‘hey’ and the question you just asked me,” Chorong said then took a sip of her beer.

 

“Oh, right,” Yongsun scratched her chin, then took the beer that Chorong opened for her. 

 

“So… what’s with the new neighbor? And what’s with the plants? We don’t like these green stuff so… why do you have them here?” Chorong asked, leaning her back on the armrest of Yongsun’s sofa. 

 

“Well, nothing much but she’s pretty talkative and a little annoying. The plants are from her. She gave them to me yesterday,” Yongsun said, tapping her index finger on the beer can. She continued telling Chorong about her neighbor and stopped when Chorong smiled at her suggestively.

 

“What?” Yongsun asked.

 

“I think you like her,” Chorong said, the smile never left.

 

“WHAT?! NO!” Yongsun said, pitch a little higher and voice a little louder than usual. 

 

Chorong’s eyes grew wide as she witnessed this overly defensive Yongsun. Normally, Yongsun would just shrug the idea off with a blank face.

 

“Okay, you don’t like her… yet,” Chorong chugged her beer until it’s empty.

 

“Wah,” Yongsun sighed, frustrated. “I don’t like her like that, okay?” 

 

“Whatever you sa-,” Chorong was interrupted by the beeping sound of her phone. 

 

Yongsun knew that it was for work as soon as Chorong rolled her eyes and sighed after she read the message.

 

“I’m sorry, Yong,” Choronng said as she stood up.

 

“It’s okay,” Yong said, looking at the apologetic eyes of Chorong. 

 

Yongsun walked Chorong outside her unit door and just as her visitor’s about to leave, Chorong said, “You never mentioned her name.”

 

“Oh, her name’s Wheein. She lives next door,” Yongsun said, pointing at the door on her left. 

 

“Huh,” Chorong half smiled at the name and Yongsun noticed it.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” Chorong waved at Yongsun. “I gotta go now,” Chorong hugged Yongsun before she walked away.

 

Yongsun sat back on her sofa, mind drifting back to that day for the n-th time.

 

Yongsun and Wheein ate lunch together at Wheein’s apartment and she got a good look at Wheein’s place. She was even toured a bit by Wheein even though the unit isn’t that big. 

 

While eating together, Yongsun was a little uncomfortable since she hasn't shared a table with anyone, except for Chorong, for a very long time. She noticed how Wheein was so focused on eating. Yongsun was expecting Wheein to look at her from time to time since that’s what people do when they like someone, right? It ended up looking like Yongsun was the one who had a crush on Wheein because she kept staring at the new neighbor.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?”

 

With the question, ‘Do I have something on my face?’, Yongsun had a reason to study Wheein’s face and absorb her features. 

 

‘Her eyes are a little too small but not bad. Could be better if the other isn’t dark and swollen. Her nose is perfect, wow. Her lips are… okay... Oh, the dimple! And…’

 

Yongsun realized something. ‘She’s pretty’… “HIC!” 

 

“Are you okay?” Wheein asked, worry is evident on her face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter