Plants

From: JWI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yongsun was having a serious discussion with the landlord outside her unit about the jammed lock. Yongsun was locked out of her apartment after she disposed her trash outside. The hired security worker worked on it for hours only to cause another problem. He accidentally hit the reset button on his wireless modem and it’ll take 24 hours to be ready for use again.

 

As soon as the landlord and the hired security technician left, a peculiar person in thick and dark clothing appeared in the hallway walking slowly towards her. The said person is wearing a black hoodie paired with black sweatpants and neon green running shoes. It was also wearing dark sunglasses and a face mask. Yongsun is ready to defend herself in case this person will do harm to her. She was eyeing the pair of hands that were hidden in the front pocket of the hoodie, heightening her senses. Yongsun was all chill on the outside but she’s actually losing her mind. When the person was close enough, it pulled a hand out of the pocket, and Yongsun jumped to a defensive stance. The unknown person jumped in shock and fell on the floor. Due to the action, the glasses fell off and the hood on the head fell too, revealing its identity.

 

“Wheein?!” Yongsun said, still in a defensive position. Even with a face mask on, she can tell that it was her neighbor.

 

There are so many questions running in her head right now. She noticed Wheein’s swollen and dark right eye. She then realized that she hadn’t heard or seen her neighbor for almost a week. This is also the first time she’s seen Wheein wearing something so dark. She usually dresses in prints and pastel-colored clothes. Yongsun felt a little troubled.

 

“What happened to your face?!” Yongsun didn’t plan to inquire. The question just slipped right out of . 

 

“Care to help me stand up first?” Wheein said, stretching one hand to Yongsun.

 

“Oh,” Yongsun walked closer and helped Wheein get up. She saw how Wheein winced in pain in the process and felt bad when she realized that there might be more bruises hidden under her thick clothes. 

 

What happened to her? 

 

“You scared the hell out of me, Yongsun-ssi!” Wheein said as she brushed and fixed her clothes. “Why did you do that?!” Wheein was looking at Yongsun in disbelief and annoyance. 

 

Yongsun was taken aback since this is the first time she saw this kind of Wheein. It was new and she didn’t like it. It was a little concerning and she’d be lying if she said that she’s not worried at all.

 

“You scared me first!” Yongsun fired back, trying to hide her concern.

 

“How?!” 

 

“You look suspicious with all the dark clothes, glasses, and mask,” Yongsun loosened up.

 

“Ah, yeah. I get it now. I’m sorry if I scared you. I just got out of the hospital and these are my friend’s clothes. I, personally, am not a fan of this all-black agenda. I guess you already know that” Wheein said. “Why are you here? It’s not like you to be hanging around the hallway, scaring people,” a little chuckle came out of Wheein's mouth. 

 

“Hospital?”

 

“Yeah, got beaten by a group of teens who thought they were beating the right person,” Wheein said in defeat.

 

Yongsun noticed that Wheein looked at her jammed door lock. It’s obvious that there’s something wrong since it flashed red light from the LED screen and backlit keypad.

 

“I just went to take the trash out and when I came back, it was jammed. It’ll take 24 hours for it to be working again.” Yongsun, as she said this, started to think of a place she can stay at. She thought of staying at a hotel but there are too many cons. Also, she got nothing with her. Not even her phone.

 

“Got somewhere to stay?” Wheein asked.

 

Yongsun stood still. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter