Hope

Beautiful Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal's POV

 

That hit me hard. I felt like what Aunt Bora told us was true. I was not ready, I was childish.

 

I sighed.

 

"Soojung-ah."

 

"Soojung."

 

"Hey, Liu Soojung." , mom tapped my shoulder.

 

I realized I was spacing out.

 

"Sorry, mom."

 

"Are you okay? You seemed like you spaced out just now. What were you thinking about? Is it about what your aunt said?" , asked mom while looking at me.

 

We were at the kitchen. I helped mom preparing the food for dinner. Dad was resting at the bedroom. Aunt Bora was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she went to her friend's house.

 

"Mom... Am I too childish? I don't think I can be a good wife to him. I don't love him, mom. My love is only for..."

 

"Soojung-ah. Love after marriage is not as easy as you thought. You must respect your husband. You must be patient. I know that you're not happy right now, dear. But trust me, the day will come. Your happiness will come." , adviced mom.

 

Tears were running on my cheeks.

 

"I missed you, oppa. If you're here, I'll be happier."

 

"Don't cry anymore. Smile." , said mom while wiping my tears away.

 

"Thank you, mom. I love you so much. I don't know what to do without you, mom." , I hugged mom.

 

"You know I love you too, Soojung. Be strong."

 

We heard a car approaching from outside the house. That must be him.

 

"Soojung, I think your husband has arrived. Go to him. I'll finish the cooking." , told mom.

 

I put down the knife and washed my hands. I walked out from the kitchen and approached him.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Why? I can't pick up my lovely wife?" , he said while hugging my waist. I just stared at him.

 

"Let's go home. Our home."

 

He smiled.

 

"Before you go, let's have dinner first." , said dad. He had to use wheelchair to go towards both of us.

 

"Thank you but I've already eaten before I came here, dad. I come here to get Krystal. I'm sorry that she had to come here alone today. I'm busy with my work. I had to meet the client today to propose our new project."

 

"How's your leg, dad?" , asked him.

 

"Same as usual. Don't worry. Soojung's mom can take care of me." , said dad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter