prologue 2/3

Nini-sama

'Let's break up.'

Jongin could not believe what he just heard. Standing in front of him was the trembling stature of Kyungsoo, with clenched fists and averting eyes that made him think twice whether what he wanted was the opposite---but he knows. He knew the reason why he said these three ugly words.

'I'm going to Japan.'

It wasn't that he wanted to stay away, but his father told him that it was time to go back to meet his grandparents. He remembered the shocked face of the boy as he said those words, not believing him at all. He wanted to stay with him--to love him more and more forever. But due to such irreversible event, he has to follow his dad. But he promised him that it was only three years---he'll just have to wait for him to come back home.

'Kyungsoo... don't do this...' Jongin ran towards him, grabbing the boy's hands tightly while feeling the tears forming on his face. He just can't accept for it to end up like this. To his surprise, he tried to remove his hands along with him begging a shaky voice, 'We're over, Jongin.'

'Why?.... why aren't you willing to wait?'

'No, it's not that...' His vision went blurry with tears as he gazed at his face and saw that he's also crying. 'My parents don't approve of you... We're just a bunch of thirteen-year olds...what we have isn't true love...'

'To hell they're saying!' Jongin couldn't contain his anger upon his lies. Again, he grabbed his hand and placed it on his chest. 'Listen to my heart, Kyungsoo! It's not for them to decide---it's us! I ing love you, you dumb!'

Kyungsoo went speechless as he finally snapped.

'You just can't do this to me, Kyungsoo. I've loved you for all these years... just be honest with me.'

To his surprise, Kyungsoo looked at him straightly with a serious look on his face despite his tears are streaming down his cheeks. It froze him on the spot as his heart went crazy in anticipation... and he held Jongin's hands, shaky but firm---as if he is trying to kill him.

'I just don't love you anymore.'